The greatest seller in the world today...possible ever.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yeh I'm going to have to agree with everyone else in this thread. Randy Orton can sell almost any move like none other in the ring, whether it be a Pedigree or SCM - but the fact of the matter is he isn't the best. Now I'm saying that with my limited knowledge, I don't know of anyone else apart from the current wrestlers who were great sellers, but even the likes of HBK and HHH come to mind, whom appear better at selling.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Well I am with Cenamark on this one. Orton is the best seller in the world, as evidenced by the facts that people actually think he was concussed.

Take Royal Rumble 2005 for instance. In that match against HHH he sold so well it was amazing. What about when he got suspended, and Kurt Angle 'broke' his ankle. Watching Orton you would belive. His selling of Sweet Chin Music is immaculate. It actually does look as if it knocks him out.

Things like these make Orton an aweome wrestler

WM Punk

Reaction score
I would say HBK is best and Donald Trump is worst lol.

Summerslam 05 vs Hogan kicked and got up and then fell back down.

the dark knight

montana's Q/A thread reminded me with something. and it happens to be another reason why i dont really think of people who watch ROH as "smart fans"..or smart..or even fans (most of them anyway). i told montana that selling and hitting the ground/floor/mat are my most important aspects to judge how good a guy is in the ring...here's what he said:
Montana said:
Yea, those are more the basics though. Selling, and hitting the mat. All wrestlers should be good at that.
so YEA, pretty underrated skill right there. and btw, you should add the rock to the list. if you wanna know how to sell a move, you can either preview it in one of the smackdown games' create a move set mode...or watch the rock sell it.

Soulpower

No love for Mr.Perfect? Watch some of his matches and see him bump around and sell like a madman for anyone and everyone he faced.

Airfixx

Yeah, Perfect was great (always fondly recall his selling a single punch knocking him outside of the ring when facing powerful opponenets), but he did do one or two too many sommersaults IMO.

It's a fine balance (afterall, see Hogan/HBK).

Kaedon

Reaction score
Monty, every wrestler SHOULD be good at bumping and selling but a lot arent. *cough* X Division *cough* Jeff Hardy *cough*

HHHforever

Reaction score
I agree, you absolutely have to be able to sell. Without selling you'd have Undertaker hitting a last ride and Batista getting up just fine and giving him a Batista Bomb 2 seconds later. Without selling wrestling doesn't exist. Without it, it would look incredibly fake and lose it's effect.

CenaMark54

Monty, every wrestler SHOULD be good at bumping and selling but a lot arent. *cough* X Division *cough* Jeff Hardy *cough*

Jeff Hardy sells. Don't you see him hold his back on his ring entrance all the time like he has a bad back. Then adrenalin kicks in and he is fine during his match. lol

Soulpower

*Does Whisper in the Wind from the top of the cage*

Gets up like nothing happened and just walks away >_>

Airfixx

I completly agree with where the last few posts are coming from but surely, if a Jeff-a-like can pull off such a move and just get up surely the notion of what need to be sold needs to evolve rather than having Jeff roll around on the floor for ages just so he still looks on-par with his opponent?

MRC

Reaction score
Mr. Perfect was great no doubt about it but HBK has got to be my number 1 and Ric Flair right behind him.....and one other person comes to mind...Rowdy Roddy Piper...come on guys him flopping around like fish was always priceless