• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The FWA Theme Song Countdown || Information Thread

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Good evening friends,

I mentioned this in the Discord a while ago and said it get around to it eventually and then said it again today so here it is, I’ve gotten around to it.

What we’re going to be doing here is a countdown of everyone’s favourite FWA theme songs - as voted by you!

Now, given that the majority of the people currently associated with the FWA will not have been present for the majority of the FWA’s run (17 years strong!), I am expecting recency bias, but it is what it is. What this thread can be used for is for some of the older heads to recommend themes that they dig from times gone by that some of the rest of us will have no awareness of should they wish. We can also use this as a place to discuss themes that we like and why other people should vote for them etc. Also shill your own if you want!

I don’t have many rules, but here they are;

1. Please send your list of up to FIFTEEN theme songs to me (Mandalorian) via PM on either WS or Discord - whichever is easiest for you.

You do not have to send a full 15, but at least 10 would be nice from those wanting to take part.

2. When sending your votes, please include the name of the wrestler AND the name of the song (and the artist would be even nicer). If you send me a random wrestler from 2007 I can assure you that I will not do the legwork to find out what their theme was.

3. You can vote for your own characters’ theme, but know votes will be made public in the countdown and votes for your own stuff will result in me everyone else will probably thinking a little bit less of you.

4. I’m not going to restrict it to one theme per character or handler in a set of votes. If you want to fill your ballot with all of Kayden Knox’s themes then knock yourself out.

5. The themes on your list must have been used on an FWA event. This does mean that managers, authority figures and secondary characters etc. can be included but I will not be counting votes for themes used solely in CWA, nGw, Ground Zero or any of the one off shows (BAOW, LCW, CDW). This means that themes used in the Warehouse is also excluded from this countdown.

That’s about it really. I’ll be accepting ballots until Friday 10 February, 2023 at midnight UK time.

The countdown will start the following week in the fallout (get it) of the Back in Town PPV. I’ll be sure to post plenty of reminders between now and then.

Have fun!​

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
I got my list in. For me I don't have a knowledge of past themes so I mainly went off of a couple things looking at current ones. Most importantly my taste of whether or not I liked it, but I did also consider a few things like if it fit the character or if I felt it fit as a wrestling theme, like if the song doesn't drag and doesn't have an unGodly long build.