The Future "John Bradshaw Layfield"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

Lets go back to 2000 for a moment, there are Tag Teams all over and the WWF Tag Team Division is stronger than ever. The Hardy Boyz - Two young talented brothers Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy, Edge and Christian the Tag Team Champions and the Dudley Boys filling up, At the beginning of 2000, Bradshaw came up with the idea of charging for protection, and the Agency was born. The A.P.A. were a face team, but protected heels if the price was right, the Dudley Boyz paid the A.P.A. to help them assault the Hardy Boyz and Edge and Christian. Which brought them into the WWF Tag Division, they were seen smoking and drinking behind the scene and had feuds with Test and Albert, Hardyz, E&C and other Tag Teams and they soon defeated the Dudley Boyz to win the Tag Team Championships, The APA was a success.

Years after the Tag Team died, the top star Bradshaw came to Smackdown once again as JBL (John Bradshaw Layfield) his skills were better than before and soon he won the WWE Championship, his 'new' On-Screen Character was a huge success, nobody knew that could happen... he held on his heel persona very good and became the top heel for Smackdown in 2004, he soon retired and still today is known as the Wrestling God.

Now, 2007 there is a great Tag Team of Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch they won the World Tag Team Championships soon after their debut from Big Show and Kane.. Taboo Tuesday I think, and they are the World Tag Team Champions right now. Similar to APA in their early days, Lance Cade and Murdoch are drinking and have a similar gimmick. Murdoch doesn't seem like a superstar but Lance Cade can have a golden career if he gets the correct push similar to that of JBL after APA, he was Bradshaw back in 99' and 2000 a Tag Team Wrestler that wasn't that much of a deal and today... he is John Bradshaw Layfield, a former WWE Champion, US Champion, a part of Smackdown's commentary team and a great Superstar in the ring and out of the ring as well. Do you think that Lance Cade is the future JBL of WWE? Does he have the potential to be a Main Event Superstar? Can he be a World Champion? Can he have golden promos? I think yes, he can.. just look at the guy, from his days of Garrison Cade to today, he is a born Superstar! :wink2:

The Rated R CMStar

He has the looks, and certainly have the ring in quality to match with JBL, he is faster and more athletic that John. That will take him to win the IC or US title when the Redneck Wrecking Crew separates. My doubt is if he has the mic skills and charisma to make the amazing jump JBL made to main event

CenaMark54

Lance Cade will eventually go solo. Its probably why they dropped the belts. However, they also seemed to drop the whole Mickie James angle.

I'm not sure he will be JBL though. Does he have the mic skills? Because lets face it, JBL would be nothing without mic skills.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
what? he's got one of the best finnishers ever

NinoBrown

Reaction score
what? he's got one of the best finnishers ever

The Closeline from Hell, which is basically a closeline but with more intensity? That's nothing big, sure it's an alright finisher but not one of the best.

I was never a fan of Lance Cade for reasons that I'd always think he'd get released but I think Murdoch would be a better star in my eyes. He has more of a smug attitude and I can picture him as IC Champ.

DcDudley

Reaction score
I hope Cade and Murdoch dont split up anytime soon, they are one of the very few good tag teams in the wwe right now.
I think Cade can be ok as a solo wrestler, but comparing him to JBL is wrong and far too early imo. JBL was/is gold on the mic as everyone knows. But he was also awesome in the ring. Being a great in ring performer is so much more than pulling off moonsaults and shootin star presses. To me a great wrestler is all about making the stuff you do look good and JBLs moves always looked like they had some impact to them.

CT Styles

I can see Cade as definitely a future IC or US Champ maybe even WWE Champ if he gets a big push but that is if Cade & Murdoch desband which I hope they do. But he would need another finisher aswell as the clothesline, I mean its good but another finisher as well as that would be good

The Rated R CMStar

I hope Cade and Murdoch dont split up anytime soon, they are one of the very few good tag teams in the wwe right now.
I think Cade can be ok as a solo wrestler, but comparing him to JBL is wrong and far too early imo. JBL was/is gold on the mic as everyone knows. But he was also awesome in the ring. Being a great in ring performer is so much more than pulling off moonsaults and shootin star presses. To me a great wrestler is all about making the stuff you do look good and JBLs moves always looked like they had some impact to them.

Agreed.

But when has Lance Cade performed any of that?

To me, what is keeping Cade from being the next JBL is his mic skills.

C4

Yeah, he needs to work a little on his mic skills and once he has the good mic skills then he can be the future JBL. Actually Bradshaw himself had no mic skills or they were not shown to us on TV when he was a part of APA, then in 2004 he showed us how he can get going on the mic when he got the chance, same might be the case with Lance Cade. He might seem quiet inside the ring, but nobody has ever seen his mic skills, I think..

Wrestling Station

JBL would be useful on backstage and all the promos, as he is good at those kind of stuff.

I dont think that he will be on full schedule in-ring. But as i said, backstage storylines would suit him more.

Montana

It looks like Lance Cade is light years away from a main event push at the moment. I wouldnt bet anything that Cade would go on to be WWE champ, but i also woudlnt be too surprised. I really dont think it will happen. The way the wwe politics, and how it takes forever for someone to get a push, add in the lack of mic skills on cade's behalf. It will be very hard. Look at the Hardys its taken them 10 years and Jeff hardy has won like 5 IC championships and has his first main event on a ppv ever. Matt on the other hand, hasnt even won a mid card title yet. If i were to pick one guy from a tag team to excel, it would have been johnny nitro. I also still think Kenny Dykstra will one day become a star. So i think Lance cade would be around 3-4th choice.

vickymania

Reaction score
i agree with montana about Cade..the guy has skills but is far away from being a main eventer..i do see him going solo later but he might be either in the IC or US championship scene..

xImpulsive

Reaction score
I think Lance Cade will not go solo for about another 6 months. But i think JBL is going to be ok couple Intercontinental Titles, few WWE titles maybe. idk