The Forgotten Years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
For every hall of fame wrestlers whose had a long and extensive career there were the years which most wrestling fans seem to forget or overlook. I call them the forgotten years. Just list off any successful wrestler that you felt had years where they didn't do anything or that part of their career most would like to forget. They have to atleast win one championship also, before their careers really started off doesn't count.

Give a reason for each for debate reasons.

Macho Man Randy Savage (1997-2000)

Aside from the Diamond Dallas Page feud, there was nothing significant he did in WCW. He won four WCW Championship titles and none of them I remotely remember. He was just in the background when he was in the NWO and he'd get beat up by Hogan and Nash every once in awhile.

Booker T's TNA run

Member of the Main Event Mafia, didn't do damn thing but win some worthless title that AJ Styles won off of him. Only remember that because AJ's won everything remotely of value at that company. This was a coffee break in his career, I was gonna say 2000-2001 because nobody was watching WCW at that time but he was champion and being a Harlem Heat fan I was happy that he finally won David Arquette's old title.

Triple H

Now H is interesting because ever since he was HBK's right hand man in DX he's always been in the spotlight. During the late 90's he's been in atleast 50% of PPV (run ins and all) but there were times from 2005 to now where he was there in the title picture and I just didn't care. Some of his feuds were pretty meaningless (Big Show, McMahon). His Smackdown! run was bad but he put Hardy in the main event which every "xtreme" fan wanted, the return of DX was even worse. Honestly I can't give a distince year(s) that I'd considered forgotten because he would have a bad first half and the second half would be great. If anything I'd say 2005-2010 was a spotting one.

...god...

Reaction score
Definitely just HHH's 08 SD run. Fucking main feuds were KHALI and VLADIMIR KHOSLOV, like really? That was pretty much the last time he was really active. He had the epic feud with Orton then he was out and came back after a few months and just did the DX thing again with HBK.