The Forbidden Door

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So far the forbidden door has so far led to some talent appearing on other shows, but from watching AEW tv it doesn't feel like it's doing much to drive people to those other shows.

Until Christians win last night, which will surely send some viewers over to Impact. That win got me thinking. We rarely saw Omega with the Impact straps on AEW TV, sure they referenced it but they were never highlighted, and we rarely see him with the AAA belt either. The whole belt collector gimmick sounds great on paper but if the guys not actually going to parade around obnoxiously with all of the belts, all of the time, what does that do for the titles he's not showcasing?

If Kenny retains the AAA belt this weekend and wins the Impact belts back at the next ppv then all of this is just pie in the sky BUT, what if instead of Kenny just holding all the straps, they put them on people that would appear on Dynamite and Rampage as the champions of those promotions, with the belts?

No doubt Cage is going to do it this week, and commentary will drive home that he's now the Impact Wrestling Champion.... and they could have Andrade win the AAA Championship this weekend - that dude would look even more like a star if he's holding a World Mega Championship.

This would do more for the people holding the belts, and more for the belts home promotions too, and (IMO) it makes AEW look like a bigger deal again because all of these companies want to be featured on AEW programming. This only works, of course, if the companies retain their separate identities while they're featured on Dynamite (they managed to do it with the Impact belts last night because Scott D'Amore was ringside and got in the ring to help Christian celebrate - I would have preferred it if he were there to wrap the titles around the champion after he won, but what do I know?)

I know people are moving pretty freely between promotions at the moment but it feels like AEW could be doing more to promote the other companies involved and that last night could be the start of doing what I've outlined above instead of just being a mechanism to make Omega vs Christian feel more important for the PPV.

What do you think?