The feud that could change wrestling....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulpower

Reaction score
Perhaps I missed it, but there's one other thing that could make this feud work.

The fact that Punk lost the title (When he first won it), due to him getting kicked in the head. Sure, the heel/face aligments are reversed, but its a pretty good reason for Punk to want to go after Randy.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
^ That ship has sailed already sadly, I think it could have been a great program back in like 2008.

Even now honestly no matter how it gets booked should be a great feud to watch (if it does happen). But all of the feuds don't have to be about Straight Edge vs. Drugs/Alcohol. His feud with Rey has had nothing to do with drugs or anything. I could see Punk/Orton just being a short transitional feud to put either person back into the WHC scene.

LKP

Reaction score
Punk vs Orton oh my god it would be great. Iamgine the matches? The Promos, the crowds reactions to these two guys. Obviously as most of you know these two are my two favourite wrestlers. My opinions would be split i would not want a winner in the feud but i would watch it closely every damn week to see what these guys can do. And if it happens on smackdown even better. Orton wrestled good matches on smackdown when he was on the blue brand in 2005-06. Punks Promos and wrestling, Orton's psyche and wrestling could be one of the best ingredients to a feud on wwe tv for a long long time. I would not say it could change wrestling but it would be a damn improvement and a benchmark for future feuds in the wwe. This feud gets an a+ from me :).

Reaction score
Actually I was hoping they would've been a team first. Still, this feud would be fresh and exciting.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
You can exploit Orton's past though. It is well documented that he was suspended for both pot and steroids. Orton has a ton of baggage...the type of baggage Punk's character can thrive off of.

And instead of apologizing for it, Orton could take the approach that he has no regrets.

That angle is so tiresome, though.....this is what I didn't want to happen. It's going to be stupid if he just keeps on challenging people who do drugs, etc. I know he has the whole straight edge shit going on but if he uses that angle with everyone.....it's going to get even more stale than it is now.

Mister J

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this feud if Randy Orton wasn't so boring.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
That angle is so tiresome, though.....this is what I didn't want to happen. It's going to be stupid if he just keeps on challenging people who do drugs, etc. I know he has the whole straight edge shit going on but if he uses that angle with everyone.....it's going to get even more stale than it is now.

Who said anything about Punk being the one to challenge Orton?

It would work much better if Orton was actually the one to challenge Punk. Punk could keep ducking Orton and give lame ass excuses like he wants more drug testing before he will fight Orton (ala Mayweather).

Also, they really only did the drug angle with Hardy. Mysterio was been totally different. You may think the straight edge angle is stale, but most of the fans are eating that shit up by the spoonful.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It's just limiting his character to only go after guys with a drugged past

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I LOVE the idea of this feud but the only thing is that Orton's past problems wouldn't really fit for me in this feud. Yeah he's supposedly smoked pot and did take steroids, but it would just seem forced to put that in the storyline. I'd book it with Punk saying Orton is bad for the WWE Universe, HIS Universe because Orton is unconsciously promoting a damaging lifestyle. Orton's reckless behavior is not what is right for the potential SES followers.

(By this time, about a year down the line, Orton will/should be nearing an iconic like response from the crowd but something tells me like always the fans will get whiney and sick of Orton. For this to work creative needs to keep both gimmicks completely and utterly fresh for Punk and Orton.)

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
It's just limiting his character to only go after guys with a drugged past

That's his gimmick. He isn't going to go after anyone who has led a healthy and wholesome lifestyle.

Orton is the perfect target. He has had a lot of personal problems and for a while there was a weekly report of him being a dickhead to just about everyone.