The Expendables 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube_share;7rkdTcQLwZ4]http://youtu.be/7rkdTcQLwZ4[/video]

expendablespostersmall.jpg

Really thought we had this somewhere else.

For what it was Expendables was really enjoyable the only things that really annoyed me with the movie were some of the guys that didn't get.
JCVD and Chuck which they got really leaving only Steven Seagal from their brand of movie. The other thing was Dolph his character betrays them and then they just welcome him back like he didn't fuck any of them over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Had no interest in the first movie, and I feel the same about this one.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I liked the first movie on the first watch but then I couldn't watch it again. Wasn't that good and I'll probably just check this out later on after it's released when a good copy is put onto the web.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The idea felt too much like a novity one, with too many big egos trying to out do one another. It just felt like a really desprate way of hanging on to their glory years too.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It's the movie that most men want. It's a movie that hasn't been seen in a long time. I think this one will be awesome, I really enjoyed the first movie.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I enjoyed the first movie as well, I didn't expect a masterpiece I expected a fun action movie filled with a ton of action stars. Very happy that they got JCVD and Chuck Norris to sign on for this movie as the first one was definitely missing JCVD. I will probably go out and watch this when it is released.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Why was it missing them through? Norris was terrible even in his prime and JCVD hasn't done anything decent in years. Don't get me wrong, this movie is not for me I except that, but at least the likes of Arnnie and Sly have some form of star power. There too many weak parts to the cast, who are just there to make up the numbers.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
JCVD used to have some major star power in the mid 80s and Chucks was great during the 70s then walker texas ranger. Dolph? Terry Crews? Mickey Rourke? Those are the ones that are fish out of water.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Dolph had a couple action movies, Terry Crews is more known for his comedic movies, although he's still a badass. And Rourke has usually played the badass in every movie he's been in.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah but not on the level of the other guys mentioned.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Rourke only a few years back was Oscar nominated and I think many more people would be fumliar with his work than the likes of Norris. Personally I don't think he should lower himself to this level lol. Willis should be no where near this either.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Rourke's Oscar nomination was ridiculous he wasn't acting he was basically playing himself as most of that characters issuses mirrored Rourkes at one point.

Not only that but you were saying that Rourke was a badass (aside from Sin City) which he has never been on the level of anyone else in the film he's never been in that type of action movie.

As far as Rourke's work being more familiar I bet you couldnt name 5 films of his where he even does anything action movie esque without looking it up.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
No Seagal?... that sucks.

Still, enjoyed the hell out of the first one, saw it at the cinema.

Really I'm just a sucker for action flicks like these and the straight-to-video shit fests that Seagal and the lot are in. They're not brilliant, but they're still awesome.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Rourke's Oscar nomination was ridiculous he wasn't acting he was basically playing himself as most of that characters issuses mirrored Rourkes at one point.

Not only that but you were saying that Rourke was a badass (aside from Sin City) which he has never been on the level of anyone else in the film he's never been in that type of action movie.

As far as Rourke's work being more familiar I bet you couldnt name 5 films of his where he even does anything action movie esque without looking it up.

I thought that Rourke was robbed on Oscar night. Penn only won because he played a gay activist and Rourke was playing a wrestler, I know which performance I thought was much more impressive. I don't mind Rourke in here because he doesn't have a major role anyway, he has done a few action films but I would suspect that Rourke's background as a boxer helped him get the role as well.

No Seagal?... that sucks.

Still, enjoyed the hell out of the first one, saw it at the cinema.

Really I'm just a sucker for action flicks like these and the straight-to-video shit fests that Seagal and the lot are in. They're not brilliant, but they're still awesome.

I am the same, I love a good action film. It doesn't need to be an award winning script with top actors it just needs plenty of action and it is a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;W1RUH7DHFMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W1RUH7DHFMk#![/video]