The Demi Monks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PaulDB

Reaction score
The name of this thread might seem unusual, if not somewhat eccentric. I came up with it because I believe some of the competitors in WWE, even AEW, fit the bill to a certain extent.

AJ Lee, Cm Punk, TJ and Natalia, Jonathan and Eva Marie all are married couples, yet they have no children and for all intents and purposes, dedicate their lives to performing for others. The elements of chastity and obedience play a role in their lives. Poverty doesn't because they all live well, but the absence of children and the devotion to their causes could be considered similar to the medieval monks' philosophy of devotion to God.

Is it possible to draw this kind of parallel?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Loads of couples don't have kids so are we gonna call them monks. Seems arbitrary to me

Last edited:

PaulDB

Reaction score
Loads of couples don't have kids so are we gonna call them monks. Seems a arbitrary to me
I mean no offense. On the contrary, I mean to show respect. I would say that when it comes to choosing people we can rely on, married couples without kids could more readily help others than those with kids. They aren't bound by timetables for feeding, changing diapers, taking their children to school, helping with homework. Without that, I for one, feel that childless couples can enhance the quality of life for the companies they work for. Not having responsibilities at home can better their professional ones.

John Cena gave us his very best because he devoted so much of his time to it. His relationship with Nikki Bella may not have worked out as it should have for her, but I think the wrestler John Cena was owed a lot to his Demi monkhood.

Reactions: Redboy123@