• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Dark Knight Rises was nothing short of AMAZING (No Spoilers)

NinoBrown

And Nino, Nolan's whole basis for the Joker character in TDK was the 1996 reboot of Two-Face, lol. So yeah, TLJ did a great job basically.

Ah no, Ledger went method when preparing for the role.

As for Dark Knight Rises, thinking it over it was a great movie but it did have it's plot holes. None that I will say since not everyone has seen it yet. I might have to revisit Batman Begins, haven't seen that movie in years.

Question now is, what would the next Batman look like without Nolan or Bale attached? The trilogy just ended and they're already talking about a reboot. If so, I'd like to see Mr. Freeze done right this time.

Luke Flywalker

I'm not counting on a reboot, it's just a rumor.

I also don't see that Bale/Nolan are done with Batman, not by a long shot. Everything they do is secret... he's confirmed and denied rumors for years in regards to Batman. I'd put my money on them both continuing.

Ah no, Ledger went method when preparing for the role.

How do you do method acting for a fictional comic character, especially one as deep and varied by the Joker? It's not like homicidal maniacs walk around town in face paint committing super villainy so there's a precedent for him to approach his methodology. When I think of method acting, I think Daniel Day Lewis.

Oh, btw, Flywalker, a Nightwing flick I totally agree on, and would probably be my most anticipated movie since the original Spider Man. I've always found Dick Grayson's story way more likable and interesting than Bruce Wayne's on a human level as well as a pure hero level, plus it makes perfect sense for Nolan and opens up about 40 storyline possibilities for future movies.

Plus it'd give a spotlight to a truly underrated figure in comic heroes. It'd be like if they made a Casey Jones movie coming off the TMNT series, only better and stronger from a licensing standpoint.

Luke Flywalker

My thing is, if you do Nightwing, you buy everyone time. You start off with him. Eventually you get into the Azrael story and him becoming a corrupt Batman, and Wayne hears that the Batman legacy is tarnished, so he has no choice but to return. It works so perfectly it's Blue.

They hinted at Riddler in The Dark Knight, and it'd be perfect for him to start with Nightwing like he has in every Batman movie/cartoon/comic/game, and it would make the Azrael Batman even more meaningful because Riddler's intent is to expose Batman to the world. Well, you say it's Wayne and find out it's someone completely different, the mission gets deeper.

They've put Scarecrow on camera so many times it's ridiculous. You finally break through with him becoming a Godfather of Gotham crime and he's a TRUE foe for Nightwing, and could also help facilitate the return of Wayne.

There are just so many possibilities left, and with the way they ended the movie, I can't picture they avoid working on all of this in the future. Makes no sense to leave it behind where it's at.

And the only thing anyone clings to as a quote indicating that Nolan is done is, "The trilogy is over." No shit... you can't have a 4+ movie trilogy. The trilogy had no choice but to be over when it started. But that doesn't mean it can't expand beyond a trilogy.

BTW, they copped-out with the Bane/Thalia story as well. If you don't see the potential to do a Bane Beginnings movie in the future, or at least a dope spin-off comic series...

All TDKR did, was open doors. It closed a couple, but it opened way more than you'd ever think to imagine they wanted to if they were finished...