The Cure close second night at Leeds festival with epic 33-song set

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
2012TheCureSatLeeds03VF250812.jpg

The Cure brought the second day of Leeds Festival to a close tonight (August 25) with an epic 33-song set.

"Hello again. It's been a while" singer Robert Smith told the crowd, as he took to the stage for the band's second appearance at the festival in two days, after having not played Reading and Leeds festivals for 33 years.

“I thought yesterday maybe I should say things between songs,†Smith said before ‘The Walk’. “But it breaks a spell in my head. So just imagine I'm saying things to you.â€

Reeling out a series of hits, including 'Friday I'm In Love', 'Just Like Heaven', 'Lovecats' and 'Close To Me' - which did not appear in last night's set, Smith closed the two-and-a-half hour show with 'Boys Don't Cry'.

Liam Stainsby, 18 ,said: "I thought The Cure were…brilliant, sorry, I was going to swear…ok, they were FUCKING insane. They were the best band so far, they've got so many years of so much good music. Amazing."

Tamsin Daisy Reece, 18, from Durham added: "I thought they were just lovely. They're a band that's really comforting. I loved 'Lovecats' and 'Friday, I'm In Love', they were so good."

The Cure played:

'Open'
'High'
'The End Of The World'
'Lovesong'
'Sleep When I'm Dead'
'Push'
'In Between Days'
'Just Like Heaven'
'Pictures Of You'
'Lullaby'
'The Caterpillar'
'The Walk'
'Friday I'm In Love'
'Doing The Unstuck'
'Trust'
'From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea'
‘Play For Today’
'A Forest'
‘Bananafishbones’
'Primary'
‘Want’
‘The Hungry Ghost’
'Wrong Number'
‘One Hundred Years’
‘End’
-
‘Dressing Up’
'Lovecats'
'Close To Me'
‘Just One Kiss’
'Let's Go To Bed'
'Why Can't I Be You'
'Boys Don't Cry'

nme

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I honestly wasn't aware they had 33 songs.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
All those songs and no 10:15 Saturday Night? For shame.