The Cabin In The Woods

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

Release Date: April 13, 2012
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Drew Goddard
Screenwriter: Joss Whedon, Drew Goddard
Starring: Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Jesse Williams, Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Horror
MPAA Rating: R (for strong bloody horror violence and gore, language, drug use and some sexuality/nudity)
Official Website: TheCabinintheWoodsmovie.com | Facebook

Trailer:
The Cabin in the Woods Trailer 2012 HD - YouTube

With Horror movies I'm usually not a fan of a lot of the new stuff, much more prefer the classics from the 70's to the mid 90's. But this looks like it might be decent and actually have a decent story behind it, along with some suspense.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't think I've liked a horror movie in 10 years, but this one does look like it may be pretty good. I'll probably watch it, but then again, I watch almost every other crappy horror movie that comes out too. Maybe I'll actually like this one.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I don't think I've liked a horror movie in 10 years, but this one does look like it may be pretty good. I'll probably watch it, but then again, I watch almost every other crappy horror movie that comes out too. Maybe I'll actually like this one.

There has actually Ben quite a lot of good horror movies to come out in the past 10 years. Few mainstream but quite a lot of good DVDs depending on whether you like the slow burning ones or slashers.

I've heard really good things and I refuse to watch the trailer as the director has told me it full of spoilers. I am excited for it though and I look forward to watching it in theaters.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Anything with the Buffy guy's name attached to it I will give a go.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Directed by Drew Goddard of Cloverfield fame, and co-written by Josh 'Buffy' Whedon. The set up is pretty typical of a lot of American Horror movies, you know a bunch of young people
go on a trip into the woods, and despite being warned not to verture any further, they do just that only to regret it.

However what happens next is being billed as a game changer. The
reviews suggest this is much more of an extreme horror/comedy in the mould of The Evil Dead, and that it is the new Scream, basically written for horror fans, by horror fans.
But just how smart is it, just how strange is it? And does it add anything new? Thoughts?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm going to take a look at this tonight. The whole their in a rigged enviroment does seem pretty unique how much that'll lend to the movie I'm not sure.

The_King

Reaction score
When I saw the trailer, I wrote it off immediately, but the reviews for this have been really good. When a HQ links pops up online, I'll definitely check it out. Hopefully, the supposed 'twist' doesn't get spoiled before that haha.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am going to see it tomorrow afternoon and really can't wait, yeah it is odd before the review I heard on Friday said that a lot of newspaper reviews had given away spoilers, and also not to even watch the trailer as it gives too much away. So if anyone has a review, it might be best to have spoiler warning on lol.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think the "spoilers" given away in the trailer are good it has a similar issue that THE VILLAGE had where if it were marketed as a straight horror people may end up getting pissed.

I just got back and thought it was a really great twist on things, but don't go in expecting a straight horror flick.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Wasn't there already a thread on this? I believe I said on the other one that I've been told to not watch the trailer and I still have yet to but I am excited. Anything Joss Whedon related has been awesome so far. Glad to hear its getting good reviews but I hear some audiences aren't very taken with it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah the threads have now been merged, I couldn't find one, that is why I started one, this is def a film worth talking about!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Excellent film, it just worked on so many levels, it provided an in depth body of reference for hard core horror fans, and stay true to the roots of things like the Evil Dead, while still be totally silly but in fun way, the satire was very chilling also, with some nice performances epsically from Richard Jerkins his coldness, and dry wit was spot on. The special effects towards the end were first rate, just an unexpected treat. One of the highlights of my film year so far.

ljepilo

Reaction score
With Horror movies I'm usually not a fan of a lot of the new stuff, much more prefer the classics from the 70's to the mid 90's. But this looks like it might be decent and actually have a decent story behind it, along with some suspense.

I haven't really watched this movie,is it good one ?