The Boys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Shoved what down who's throat? It's a series of films mostly tied together that culminated in Avengers: Endgame... a masterpiece. Now sure what films you are talking about.

Spider-man had to be redone, Sony has fucked up Spider-man so bad. Fortunately they decided to work with Disney finally and we got Spider-man in the MCU.. thank Jehovah!.. then we got a very good Spider-man film in Homecoming and the best actor to play Spider-man to date in Tom Holland. He has captured the Peter Parker/Spider-man I've read many years in comics exactly the way I imagined him to be.

What other remakes are you speaking of?
I was meme raging and referring to a Spiderman movie coming out every few years and progressively getting worse.

Loved the first one (2002) and the one that followed was decent but everything after that, mehh. I lost interest in superhero movies shortly after The Dark Knight in 2008 though. Having not had an interest in superhero movies in over 10 years now I really don't care where they go with them. You are a fan of the movie genre so if you are enjoying them, cool beans. I haven't been into the genre for a long time so my negative opinions shouldn't be taken to heart having not seen a huge portion of them. Just not my cup of tea anymore. Honestly, don't really watch any movies these days. I'm too busy watching cat videos. lol

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I was meme raging and referring to a Spiderman movie coming out every few years and progressively getting worse.

Loved the first one (2002) and the one that followed was decent but everything after that, mehh. I lost interest in superhero movies shortly after The Dark Knight in 2008 though. Having not had an interest in superhero movies in over 10 years now I really don't care where they go with them. You are a fan of the movie genre so if you are enjoying them, cool beans. I haven't been into the genre for a long time so my negative opinions shouldn't be taken to heart having not seen a huge portion of them. Just not my cup of tea anymore. Honestly, don't really watch any movies these days. I'm too busy watching cat videos. lol
That's a fair call Snake...

The Superhero genre has basically become THE film genre
in these modern times...& its a bandwagon many want to
jump on because of all that beautiful green cash you can
possibly make.

This kind of "genre saturation" has happened before...and its
not just localized to the West.

In the 60's & 70's Japan reached a saturation point with the
kaiju genre. Sure Toho Studios had Godzilla & his supporting
cast...but every other studio was trying to cash in on the
genre & so came Gamera, Gappa, Guilala...Hell Korea in tried
with Yonggary...not to mention the rise of Ultraman & the
Sentai genre which saw kaiju monsters on TV every day of
the week.

Of course what happened in the end?

All the "pretenders" died off & only the cream of the crop was
left standing to remain a landmark creation & "Pop Culture" Icon.

go-go-godzilla-by-celeun-d700xj6.png

But in all honestly...it is different with the Superhero genre
these days...mainly because the MCU is the cream...and you
can just ignore all the other shit.

I know that's what I do.

Oh...& for the record I think The Boys is different enough from
Marvel & DC to be worth watching.

Plus I read the comics so I kind of know how this is all going
to end.
Badly. Because of course it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake