The Bladejob

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Blood started to be faced out after the Benoit snafu, as well chair shots/weapon shots to the head being banned since they helped play a big factor in the deterioration of Benoit's brain. Blood was completely removed once WWE went PG in 2008-2009 and the reasoning is understandable. Less blood brings in more money through sponsorships than using blood would have.

Despite some people claiming that "PG is killing WWE" the company is still making more and more profit with each passing year.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the liberal use of blood. It doesn't bring anything to modern wrestling. If it has to be used save it for the end of pure blood feuds, two guys hating each other having their final match of the feud/the build up to it. Bleeding for the sake of blood and "blood being cool" is silly and devalues it when it is needed.
Last blood match was in Summer of '08 and chairshots were banned in the end of 2010 if I remember correctly.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Last blood match was in Summer of '08 and chairshots were banned in the end of 2010 if I remember correctly.

That sounds about right. I remember at Mania 28 (I'm pretty sure it was 28), Undertaker and HHH got fined by the company for an "unprotected chair shot to the head" in their match and some noise was made out of it.

wk

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
They should have some blood on ER though, at least in the Shield/Evolution if they'll end it there, or if one betrays another and busts their partner open.

Reactions: HunterHearstJericho

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
They should have some blood on ER though, at least in the Shield/Evolution if they'll end it there, or if one betrays another and busts their partner open.

I would actually say that the two matches where blood could actually add to the drama would be Bryan/Kane (except I don't think it would work as well since Kane put the mask back on) and Cena/Wyatt. Seeing the Wyatts standing tall in the steel cage over a bloodied, unconscious John Cena would be a hell of a way to end that feud.

wk