The Biggest Wasted Talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I hate being negative when it comes to wrestling. Even though the WWE is hardly perfect, I always do my best to understand booking decisions and things of that nature. The one thing that still blows my mind, however, is how an amazing talent like Nakamura gets wasted on the main roster. I know he won a rumble and wrestled AJ at Mania last year but that seems like a lifetime ago now. This really goes for any ultra talented wrestler being wasted like the Revival. I'm interested to hear some takes on this, as well as some of your most underused talents and or wasted talents on the roster currently.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Shinsuke has held the US for the majority of 2018, so I would say that hes better off then more than half of the roster. When it comes down to it, and if u listen to shoot interviews and podcast, having a personal relationship with Vince is always the key to how you are treated in WWE. Do u think Shinsuke or The Revival have a real good personal relationship with Vince? Probably not. Its shitty that Vince is basically picking favorites but this is his billion dollar company, and hes gonna put the guys over who he knows and trust

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Many stars that looked good in NXT have failed after being called up. The booking of the likes of Tyler Breeze, Revival, Nakamura, Sami Zayn has been so bad at times it makes you wonder if they are being punished. The Women have been better booked after being called up but I thought Bayley would be huge as she was so popular whilst in NXT and had that incredible match with Sasha.

Reactions: Anthony Borthacyre

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
WWE always has reasons why they don't push certain guys.. For Nakamura, they tried with him, but they struggle booking foreigners who can't cut promos... or anyone who can't cut promos.. It's very important in this company.

In The Revivals case, the tag division is just shit.. Everyone is being wasted in that joke of a division.. Vince probably thinks tag wrestling is not a draw.

Yes they're underutilized, like many talent in WWE.

Reactions: Anthony Borthacyre

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Since Bray Wyatt & his lantern have disappeared
tumblr_lsiqq9Bi8X1qjkec8o1_400.jpg

Where is Matt Hardy ???

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Everybody who has been hired by WWE who came from TNA, excluding AJ, NJPW, AAA, CMLL, RoH, and so forth.

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Given that viewership ratings have been so low recently, whoever WWE are trying to cater for at present is clearly not working!

I'm not sure they know who they are catering for anymore!

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Given that viewership ratings have been so low recently, whoever WWE are trying to cater for at present is clearly not working!

I'm not sure they know who they are catering for anymore!
They have tailored their product to a niche audience.

205 Live, Rollins and Bryan as Champions, Numerous indie signings, etc.

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
They have tailored their product to a niche audience.

205 Live, Rollins and Bryan as Champions, Numerous indie signings, etc.

I think they are trying to appeal to everyone....and by doing so not satisfying anyone!

Most of the indie signing are for NXT which I think is the strongest brand but it is a matter of opinion. A similar crowd will watch 205 live. But both those products are on the network where you can find something that appeals to you.

Rollins has not been the champ for a long time and the main event scene for a long time was between the big men of Roman, Brock and Braun!

Love the character direction that Bryan has gone down and hopefully he will be used to elevate others to main event level on Smackdown.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think they are trying to appeal to everyone....and by doing so not satisfying anyone!

Most of the indie signing are for NXT which I think is the strongest brand but it is a matter of opinion. A similar crowd will watch 205 live. But both those products are on the network where you can find something that appeals to you.

Rollins has not been the champ for a long time and the main event scene for a long time was between the big men of Roman, Brock and Braun!

Love the character direction that Bryan has gone down and hopefully he will be used to elevate others to main event level on Smackdown.
Roman is gone for now. Brock is a part-timer.

There is only really Braun who is on TV every week. Instead, we get Rollins, Styles, Bryan and others in main event spots on TV every week. Not to mention Owens and Zayn stinking up the undercard when they return.