The Big Show

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Am I the only one really impressed by his work?

I mean, as of late, he has been pulling stunts and bumps one doesnt expect of a man his size, like taking DDTs rolling over his head or holding to the top rope in the Royal Rumble match. I mean, not only is he big and heavy, but he's not getting any younger

Add that to a very improved work on the mic and newfound heat and he has added fuel to his career.

So, what do you expect from The Big Show in the coming months? Personally, and if the world was right, I would want WWE to relive magic and give him another title run like the one he had in ECW in 2006.

noumenon

He was gold in ECW. I really think that's the only place he's going to shine.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I remember a match Show had in WCW against Curt Hennig where he did a nip-up. Show is an incredible athlete when he's motivated.

[YT]AhEszfKqQKs[/YT]

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
He deserves a big push, he actually is not bad on the mic either, something people always tend to forget about him. He is so gifted athletically and can cut promos that make you listen, really he has a great knack for wrestling. He just needs to be given a proper push and a proper title.. say ECW title or possibly a a reign on SD in a while just to see how it goes.

noumenon

I think the problem with Big Show is that it really has to be all or nothing. When Show is billed as just a normal competitor, with a normal demeanor he really gets lost in the shuffle. He only really works when he's billed to the extreme. Which is why his ECW run was such a success.
I definately wouldn't be opposed to Show having one last complete unstoppable monster role. Although he did so well on ECW there really isn't anyone to give him any legit competition right now.

Reaction score
He has been impressive for a long period. Not going over at WM XXIV has not hurt in the slightest.

In his Undertaker feud, I had a passionate hatred for him. He was the top heel on Smackdown and arguably the WWE at the time.

His reward? Ok, here we go ... here we go ... title match at Wrestlemania. :O

noumenon

Another idea for him.
I think it's safe to say we all want him back to his dominant crushing Big Show ways that we have come to love. We had discussed having Umaga in MITB...give the match a new dynamic with a big power man in there.
What if they went with Show instead? Could you imagine the spots they could have with Big Show in that fuckin match? It could also be his chance to absolutely fucking snap again.
It would secure him a title shot... and refresh his gimmick.

MikeRaw

Nope, you're not the only one You've got at leats one more aagreement with me. Since he turned heel, he's been 10 x better, and he's pretty entertaining now.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Show was and still is a phenomenal athlete. I have and and still am impressed by his ring work, but the real problem is that he's always neither face or heel. Until his stuff with Vickie, or when he has a manager, he's just kinda there. Not quite a tweener, but not quite a heel or face.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
^Yeah, that's what bugs me too. I LOVED when he was just the monster heel in ECW. The only motion he had was anger. Sure, he's pretty funny, but the character doesn't fit him as well.

Airfixx

I marked when Show did the ol' dangly legs trick @ RR this year! LOL

I like Show, but when he's not being booked as a monster on the rampage he's medicore by comparrison. (Fair do's tho', I mean, how the hell do you book your average guy as a threat to a guy who's THAT big and THAT mobile?)

C4

He can definitely make himself better by loosing more weight and by changing his move set.

He is the best Super Heavyweight to ever exist in the WWE, they can use him in a much better way. And as you said CMS, he has improved on the mic and has learned the classic heel tactics. They won't give him a title run right now but they can have him involved in another major storyline.

paulie

Reaction score
a`ve always liked show and would like to see him get a run with the strap

noumenon

He's definately gained some of the weight back since his return. But if you look at a video of him from ECW the weight difference is almost shocking. He was around so consistantly that we never really noticed how fucking fat he got. I don't think we'll ever see that lean Big Show we saw when he first debuted in the WWE again. But cmon, he's a huge motherfucker, he's not supposed to be skinny.

And question. I haven't noticed, but does he still do that big cobra clutch/backbreaker throw anymore? That shit was sick.