The better of the two.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Pretty simple right to the point thread. Although there aren't many tag teams currently in the WWE it's not secret that one of the partners is usually a little more talented than the other and ends up going a little further. So... who's better?

Miz and Morrison: Morrison... I don't think I need to do much explaining here. This guy really (imo) has what it takes to be something incredible one day.

Carlito and Primo: I wasn't too impressed with him the first week, but after their match on Smackdown it's obvious who'll be carrying this team. Primo has everything that Carlito lacks.

Hawkins and Ryder: Although we haven't seen much of the two outside of tag wrestling Hawkins always seems to shine a bit more. Neither of these guys are where they need to be singles match wise... but I have a feeling when the split does come it'll be Hawkins (if either) that'll go a little further.

Priceless: Even though we've seen so much less of him Dibiase just seems to stand out so much more than Cody. He's got that calm calculated arrogance just like Orton showed early in his career. Although I don't see Cody going anywhere in the near future I believe it'll be Ted we could see headlining a WM some day.

Cryme Tyme: Neither of these guys impress me too much. Shad is good at what he does as a big man I suppose. I don't even think these guys have a double team finisher or anything? Eh...maybe one of them will stand out some day..lol.

Jesse and Festus: Let's be honest... neither of these guys are going anywhere. I suppose Jesse is a bit more dynamic than Festus though.

Bring up whoever...old tag teams as well...

Nation

Miz and Morrison:Morrison. Morrison made the Miz a star.

Carlito and Primo:What the hell? This is a Blue question. Carlito obviously.

Hawkins and Ryder:Hawkins?

Priceless:They are both the shiznite but i think Cody is actually leading the team. For what we have seen Cody seems to be the talker the majority of times and he doesn't do a bad job at it. I think a lot of people are saying Ted because he's new.

Cryme Tyme:JTG. Shad can be pretty painful to watch in the ring sometimes all though he has is the better talker.

Jesse and Festus:Jesse is actually alright. Hopefully he can ditch Festus sometime.

Switchy

Reaction score
Miz and Morrison: Morrison is better than The Miz but Miz still isn't far behind. Morrison cuts decent promos and can pull off some awesome matches while Miz is kinda above average at both at the most so it's Morrison for me.

Carlito and Primo: Carlito, he cuts better promo's heel or face and he and Primo are equal in the ring so Carlito pips this one but Primo is still learning.

Hawkins and Ryder: Dunno which one's which tbh.

Priceless: Ted DiBiase is by far better than Cody both in the ring and on the mic and Ted gets this one by far.

Cryme Tyme: Shad. WWE needs to split CT and turn him heel so then he can get some exposure as a monster because I think Shad has some potential and is far better than Khali and Kozlov.

Jesse and Festus: Festus is just good at being a powerhouse and has an interesting character while Jesse just does everything else but altogether I think they are equal.

seX-Power

Miz v Morrison

Wrestling- Morrison but Miz has improved
Charisma- About equal here though Morrison is a hair ahead
Reaction- Everybody hates the Miz so he gets more heat imo

Winner- Morrison by a little bit, though they are somewhat parallel

Hawkins v Ryder

>_>

Cryme Tyme

Wrestling- Equal here, neither stand out
Charisma- Shad isnt great but he is still better than JTG
Reaction- Equal, nothing separates

Winner- Shad because he has more potential cause of his size

Colon Brothers

Wrestling- Equal, but Carlito is a bit rusty now
Charisma- Carlito takes the cake, amigo
Reaction- Carlito has been both a great heel and face

Winner- Carlito by a lot

Jesse + Festus

Wrestling- Jesse seems a better technical wrestler
Charisma- Festus pulls off his gimmick very well
Reaction- The crowd really cheers for Festus not Jesse

Winner- Equal, as Jesse is 2nd Generation, thus giving him more potential

Priceless

Wrestling- Both are average, but DiBiase sells better
Charisma- Rhodes has really upped his game to make it equal
Reaction- Did you see the Rhodes heel turn, not one boo

Winner- DiBiase will go further in the biz, imo

paRtyliKearOckstar

Reaction score
Miz and Morrison: I'll go out on a limb and say the Miz is the more talented of the two. He generates a lot more heat, and while Morrison is clearly the more athletic of the two, Miz has much, much more charisma, and he incorparates his character while he is wrestling, which Morrison (and most other wrestlers) stuggles with.

Carlito and Primo: Too early to judge.

Hawkins and Ryder: Whomever the guys in the shorter shorts is. I like him a lot more.

Priceless: I love Dibiase, as he carries himself very well, and I see him being a big star. Rhodes just seems like a generic CAW to me.

Cryme Tyme: I guess JTG.

Jesse and Festus: I acutally like Jesse, but it is clear who will be getting the push in this tag team.

Airfixx

Miz n Morrison: Morrison. Miz has gotta be one of the most notably improved wrestlers I can think of, but I think Morrison is absolutely magic in the ring.

The Colons: Hmmmm... Not formed an opinion yet.

Hawkins & Ryder: As others have said, I have no idea who's who. The living embodyment of a rub.

Priceless: DiBiase. He clearly has the X-factor that Cody is sorely missing.

Cryme Tyme: I think they suck once the bell rings, but I guess JTG has more going for him when you start to consider things like mic skills.

Jesse & Festus: A genuinely decent team who IMO are better than they get credit for (prob cos they're particularly kid-friendly). Should have had a title run by now considering the options available. Never gonna amount to much as singles guys, but I'd say Festus deserves the nod due to his working his gimmick as well as he does. (LOL at the all recent wrapping their oponents up too!)

...And so to the 80's classics:

British Bulldogs: Damn this is tough, but given the benefit of career hindsight you'd have to go with Davey Boy (even though Dynamite was sick!)

Hart Foundation: Obviously Bret, but I was always a big fan of The Anvil too.

The Rockers: Shawn obviously, but props to Marty... He had a decent singles career in him, even if it didn't pan out that way.

Demolition: Ax or Smash? ...One and the same IMO.

Brain Busters: This is a damn tough call, but I'd say Tully edges it due the addition of his technical game (even though I thought Arn was such a bad-ass and his spinebuster is one of my favourite looking moves ever!)

Powers Of Pain: Barbarian... Seemed convincingly vicious.

The Twin Towers: Bossman. Once again, gotta love the viciousness.

The Islanders (Haku & Tama) Big Haku fan right here.

The Mega Powers: Savage. Hogan was just Hogan and just pure gimmick by this point. All was right with the WWF during Savage's reign - A glimpse of a better world.

Strike Force: Rick Martel, honestly, who the fuck were all the peeps that would cheer Santana - He was so fuckin' dull!

Killer Bees: Even without the masks (LOL) I never really made much of a distinction between the two.

Sheik & Volkov: There's only one Sheik, baby!

Attitude Era:

A.P.A.: Not much to seperate them during their A.P.A. days, but Simmons over Bradshaw IMO.

Dudleys: Deevon in WWF, but ECWBubba was so much better than WWFBubba cos of the freedom he had on the mic.

Hardy's: Jeff, but not the biggest fan of either since they split.

E&C: Edge is THE man right now (Although, I'd seriously love to see Christian return to WWE sooner rather than later cos I don't think we've seen the best of him yet). I don't think either one deserves the nod over the other if specifically considering their time together. Pushed, I'd say Edge simply because he had a bit more of a look about him.

Rock & Sock Connection: Foley... Brough so much more to the team than Rocky who I think shifted down a gear rather than directing his energies in a differnt way. In terms of before and after the team, undoubtedly I'll be in a minority, but gimme Foley over The Rock any day.

Reaction score
Which Villano was the best?

I think the tag division is awful at the moment and I think the tag titles are suffering greatly because of it. Hawkins and Ryder? Seriously? You gave them the titles?

Anyway, the single's rosters are strong, but there isn't much past that so I don't think WWE is pairing up the workers that have the it factor into teams anymore. It seems to be more like a way to attempt to salvage a weaker worker rather than build up budding stars. With two exceptions...Morrison...and Priceless.

Now, on to the thread's point:

Miz and Morrison

Carlito and Primo

Hawkins and Ryder

Dibiase and Rhodes

Shad and JTG

Jesse and Festus

Austin_316

Reaction score
Miz and Morrison: It has to be Morrison for the simple fact he is such a great talent, his moves are awesome and he brings such heat to his character so i believe he will go on to be a main eventer.

Carlito and Primo: I see Primo doing more but he has only just started so we need to give him time to settle in, he is better high-flyer and i wonder what his finisher is like?

Hawkins and Ryder: I think these guys are better off as a tag-team because looking at them now, they don't have what it takes to be singles competitors in the near future.

Priceless: You can see Ted is the better wrestler out of the three including Manu and well because of rumours i can see him doing much better than Cody.

Cryme Tyme: They bring fun and games to the fans and their matches but i don't see them going anywhere fast.

Jesse and Festus: These two are just a pain in the ass and really they should go because they are no good and rely on Festus and the ring bell...

chessarmy

Miz and Morrison: I'm going with Morrison on this one, Miz has improved a lot over the past few years, but he still isn't as good as the Shamon of Sexy or whatever he calls himself

Carlito and Primo: Primo, he is better at that comical role that this team seems to have right now. Plus, he is fun to watch in the ring.

Hawkins and Ryder: Who gives a shit?

Priceless: Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes can't talk, and he is bland in the ring. I'm not saying that he sucks, but I just feel that Dibiase is better. He seems to have more charisma, and even though we haven't seen much of his wrestling ability, it appears that he isn't bad in that category either

Cryme Tyme: Shad, he's a big power guy that actually doesn't bore me. He is pretty agile for his size, and he can cut a promo too.

Jesse and Festus: I hate this team, the Festus gimmick is fucking stupid and I think both of these guys have gotten stale. If I had to pick one, I guess I'll say Jesse just because he doesn't have that dumb gimmick.

Good thread btw, rep+ :)

Nation

Miz and Morrison: I'm going with Morrison on this one, Miz has improved a lot over the past few years, but he still isn't as good as the Shamon of Sexy or whatever he calls himself

Carlito and Primo: Primo, he is better at that comical role that this team seems to have right now. Plus, he is fun to watch in the ring.

Hawkins and Ryder: Who gives a shit?

Priceless: Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes can't talk, and he is bland in the ring. I'm not saying that he sucks, but I just feel that Dibiase is better. He seems to have more charisma, and even though we haven't seen much of his wrestling ability, it appears that he isn't bad in that category either

Cryme Tyme: Shad, he's a big power guy that actually doesn't bore me. He is pretty agile for his size, and he can cut a promo too.

Jesse and Festus: I hate this team, the Festus gimmick is fucking stupid and I think both of these guys have gotten stale. If I had to pick one, I guess I'll say Jesse just because he doesn't have that dumb gimmick.

Good thread btw, rep+ :)

Are you fricking serious? Cody does most of the talking and doesn't do a bad job at it. But if that's really want you want to believe go ahead.