• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Best There is... ETC

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
I was watching Fall Brawl 1998 out of morbid curiosity. And I noticed Michael Buffer got Bret Hart's catch phrase wrong.

"The best there is, the best there ever was and the best there ever will be."

Now sure, it's just ONE word. But during Hart's career, I noticed that a lot of people get this wrong over and over. Vince often quoted "The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be."

Is it really that difficult to get 14 words that have been said ad nauseam correct?

PaulDB

I was watching Fall Brawl 1998 out of morbid curiosity. And I noticed Michael Buffer got Bret Hart's catch phrase wrong.

Now sure, it's just ONE word. But during Hart's career, I noticed that a lot of people get this wrong over and over. Vince often quoted "The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be."

Is it really that difficult to get 14 words that have been said ad nauseam correct?

Michael Buffer was a seasoned pro. He shouldn't have made a mistake like this. In all his ring announcements in WCW, I don't recall him ever botching any. He was always very correct.

JohnMena

Speaking of Bret Hart lines i liked the Bret Hart speech in wcw when he was being denied world title shots. "You know how many world titles shots I've had? Zero. I came here to build on a reputation,not lose it!"

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri

Also called him Bret Clark on Nitro..

texansfan99

Covenantone3
Buffer's 1998 Slamboree call Hart v Savage with the infamous "Bret Clarke" choke job just sums up how pitiful fans were with both Hart and Hollywood Hogan.

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Tapatalk