The Best There is... ETC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was watching Fall Brawl 1998 out of morbid curiosity. And I noticed Michael Buffer got Bret Hart's catch phrase wrong.

"The best there is, the best there ever was and the best there ever will be."

Now sure, it's just ONE word. But during Hart's career, I noticed that a lot of people get this wrong over and over. Vince often quoted "The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be."

Is it really that difficult to get 14 words that have been said ad nauseam correct?

PaulDB

Reaction score
I was watching Fall Brawl 1998 out of morbid curiosity. And I noticed Michael Buffer got Bret Hart's catch phrase wrong.

Now sure, it's just ONE word. But during Hart's career, I noticed that a lot of people get this wrong over and over. Vince often quoted "The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be."

Is it really that difficult to get 14 words that have been said ad nauseam correct?

Michael Buffer was a seasoned pro. He shouldn't have made a mistake like this. In all his ring announcements in WCW, I don't recall him ever botching any. He was always very correct.

JohnMena

Reaction score
Speaking of Bret Hart lines i liked the Bret Hart speech in wcw when he was being denied world title shots. "You know how many world titles shots I've had? Zero. I came here to build on a reputation,not lose it!"

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score

Also called him Bret Clark on Nitro..

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
......what's ETC?

texansfan99

Covenantone3
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
AeQNZgn
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
curtisaxel
Favorite Sports Team
houstontexans
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Buffer's 1998 Slamboree call Hart v Savage with the infamous "Bret Clarke" choke job just sums up how pitiful fans were with both Hart and Hollywood Hogan.

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Tapatalk