"The Beast" vs "The Animal" For The WWE World Heavyweight Championship?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking that Lesnar/Batista will be the title match (and main event) at Wrestlemania XXX?

The way Lesnar is running through the biggest men in the company like Mark Henry and Big Show (the latter who was already rumored to face Brock at the Rumble, and from what we saw on Raw, it looks like that match is happening after all) is obviously pointing to another big guy being the one to step up and prove to be the one big monster that Lesnar can't tear through.

The booking would basically be as follows: Lesnar wins two brawls and breaks the arm of "The World's Strongest Man" and then runs through "The World's Largest Athlete" at the Rumble and then wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a match that's termed the most brutal match in WWE history, which is the Elimination Chamber in February (that's the perfect way to transition the title from Orton to Lesnar since a straight up heel-versus-heel match isn't likely at all.) And that's where Batista steps in. He's the Rumble winner and from Lesnar and Heyman's point of view, he's just another big guy that Lesnar will run through, no different than Henry and Show and others. Easy to picture Heyman comparing their nicknames and pointing out that Lesnar is more than a mere animal and is a beast that not even Batista can handle, but come their clash at Mania, "The Animal" is the one who finally ends up taming "The Beast", winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the process.

Of course, all this talk about Lesnar going for the belt could just be to throw us off and make things more unpredictable heading into Mania season and they may simply be trying to make Lesnar as strong as possible for Taker (plus, I don't yet buy that Orton will be dropping the belt before Mania after the way he's been booked these past several months), but if not, Lesnar/Batista sounds awesome. I know some will complain about a part-timer versus a guy who's gonna be gone again by the end of the summer headlining the biggest Mania ever, but putting that aside, who else would be stoked if they down this route? (If Reigns was further into his push and on the crisp of winning the world title, then he'd be the perfect choice for this but oh well. I have an idea on how to book Reigns/Lesnar with this same logic but without the title involved but I won't type it out since this post is already long enough.)

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Horrible match, would hate to see it.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I absolutely hope not. That's all I'm going to say. The main championship being contested by two part-timers that benefits NO ONE? No thank you. One vs a regular is fine (Lesnar/Bryan is what I want).

ff2c3d8d93a6be81c43e686d17403155.gif

99f558ac8a8d7c1c71d8b4d4048fb5e5.gif

Reactions: catlady

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The one big positive I will say, is no matter how it goes down, WM is already looking pretty damn decent. You could end up seeing Reigns go babyface vs Lesnar, non title match obviously but that would be a huge win for him and could be a great match. IDK i havent seen too much Batista but the last time i did he was a solid 185?lbs, but that was over a year ago now.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Batista's been getting pretty ripped for his recent movie roles. I know the pics you're talkin' about though. Dude trimmed down a lot.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Batista's been getting pretty ripped for his recent movie roles. I know the pics you're talkin' about though. Dude trimmed down a lot.
Word, he would still be a decent size, i just cant see anyone not named Punk or Bryan winning the RR. I personally could care less about the title picture ATM, I want to see who Y2J puts over this year, where Bryan and Bray go, and obviously most of all, Undertaker. Lesnar vs anyone will look great after his match with Show.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Word, he would still be a decent size, i just cant see anyone not named Punk or Bryan winning the RR. I personally could care less about the title picture ATM, I want to see who Y2J puts over this year, where Bryan and Bray go, and obviously most of all, Undertaker. Lesnar vs anyone will look great after his match with Show.

I mean realistically can you see Batista starting at #1 in his first match back and going 70+ minutes to win the thing? That's some insane cardio even for a top wrestler who's active every week. He's not winning the Rumble. It's absolutely Punk or Bryan's year.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I wouldn't appose to the match but I wouldn't want it to be a title match.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I absolutely hope not. That's all I'm going to say. The main championship being contested by two part-timers that benefits NO ONE? No thank you. One vs a regular is fine (Lesnar/Bryan is what I want).

Lesnar vs Bryan at Mania? Well, I guess we all need something to believe in. :dawg:

I'm still hoping for Taker/Lesnar at Mania myself since Batista/Lesnar doesn't need the title and can always happen later even but I can't deny that I would still mark to see a powerhouse contest between Lesnar and Batista over the gold.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the guy but I gotta say along with Punk & Bryan watch out for Del Rio.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
What if Cena loses at the rumble and wants to go after something no one has done before.... Ending the streak. Think about it he pulls almost an hbk type obsession. It would be a great way to heel turn him

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
What if Cena loses at the rumble and wants to go after something no one has done before.... Ending the streak. Think about it he pulls almost an hbk type obsession. It would be a great way to heel turn him
As much as I hate Orton and would love to see him lose to Cena, this is most likely what is going to happen!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the guy but I gotta say along with Punk & Bryan watch out for Del Rio.

ADR has zero chance of winning the Rumble.

I figure that'll be the backdrop of the angle for Cena/Taker when it does happen (Cena wanting to accomplish his biggest accolade yet by setting his sights on the streak) but I doubt it'll happen this year.