The banner

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Probably just me that is bothered by this, but the tagline says, "The number one for everything wrestling"

Now, I might be acting a bit like a grammar nazi here, but shouldn't there be a word after one? Like the number one source for everything wrestling, the number one forum for everything wrestling, the number one gayest place for everything wrestling? Anyone?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I am the same way. Crayo says it works but It bugs the shit out of me. It could easily be changed to just "Number one in wrestling" and work much better.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Don't use that theme then. There's 3 other themes you can use..

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Should just say "Number One For Everything Wrestling"

Having "The" with no object/place makes no sense. If it says just "Number One" it makes more sense.

Crayo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Farooq

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
There is with people, animals you need to check with Testify.

9c76b046af41cdd497abef6ea5a3641a.png

Reactions: catlady

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Don't use that theme then. There's 3 other themes you can use..

Oh wise Jonathan, thank you so much for this nugget of wisdom I could never have figured out on my own! :pity:

I'm just trying to save Crayo face so his site doesn't look like it's run by people who don't understand grammar.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The object is the site... Wwe forums is the number one for everything wrestling. It means we're the number one site to discuss wrestling basically. It makes perfect sense. Removing 'the' works as well, but as far as I can see, this is fine.

Actually the more I repeat it in my head, the more I want 'the' removed.