The Anime/Cartoon/Manga Playhouse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

Written and illustrated by Tatsuki Fujimoto, the Chainsaw Man manga series is getting an anime adaptation from MAPPA, and the series has now found a streaming home.

Crunchyroll has announced that a new series has made the cut and will be included in one of its upcoming seasons as it has acquired the streaming rights to the highly anticipated anime adaptation of Chainsaw Man. Crunchyroll will simulcast the series from Japan later this year, subtitled and dubbed, in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Dubs will include English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and German.

Based on the widely popular and award-winning manga of the same name written and illustrated by Tatsuki Fujimoto (Fire Punch; Look Back; Goodbye, Eri) and serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump, Chainsaw Man is directed by Ryū Nakayama (Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia; The Rising of the Shield Hero).

In Chainsaw Man, “Denji is a teenage boy living with a Chainsaw Devil named Pochita. Due to the debt his father left behind, he has been living a rock-bottom life while repaying his debt by harvesting devil corpses with Pochita.

“One day, Denji is betrayed and killed. As his consciousness fades, he makes a contract with Pochita and gets revived as “Chainsaw Man”–a man with a devil’s heart.”

“With dark humor, dynamic characters and a sharp story, Chainsaw Man is one of the most anticipated new series this year, and we are wickedly excited to bring it to fans on the Crunchyroll service,” said Asa Suehira, Chief Content Officer at Crunchyroll. “Anime fans will be up all night thinking about the spectacular visuals and high-octane action.”

Additional Chainsaw Man credits include screenplay by Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan Final Season; Mob Psycho 100; Banana Fish), character design by Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation), devil design by Kiyotaka Oshiyama (The Wind Rises; The Secret World of Arrietty; Space Dandy), art direction by Yusuke Takeda (Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song-; Sword Art Online; Penguin Highway), and music composed by Kensuke Ushio (The Heike Story; Devilman: Crybaby; Space Dandy).

Animation is produced by MAPPA (Maruyama Animation Produce Project Association), the prestigious anime studio from Japan known for Attack on Titan Final Season; JUJUTSU KAISEN; Yuri!!! on Ice, takt op.Destiny, and the upcoming Hell’s Paradise. MAPPA also released the global box office sensation JUJUTSU KAISEN 0, which has become one of the top five highest-grossing anime movies in the US, top 10 highest-grossing anime movies in the world, and top 20 highest-grossing movies in Japan.

Bloody Disgusting’s Michael Pementel raved about the Chainsaw Man manga recently, writing: “If you are in need of a new adrenaline rush, then don’t miss out on Chainsaw Man.”

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Does it at least have a break episode ever so often?

Yes and the earlier seasons weren't near as crazy as the plot unfolded but now it's just balls to the wall cause they're at the climax and revelations part

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Been waiting for over a Year for Chainsaw Man just drop it already and let me enjoy the Gore and all that madness.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@Kairi HoHo you gotta tell me when the next Attack on Titan episodes air cause I'm caught up now

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
@Kairi HoHo you gotta tell me when the next Attack on Titan episodes air cause I'm caught up now

I still need to start Season 4 and I'm pretty sure the Episode in April which is 87 and the 28th in the Season is the last.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Screenshot_20220523-195109_Bumble.jpg

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

After a four-year hiatus, the creator of the popular shonen manga Hunter x Hunter not only created a Twitter account today, but announced that he is working on four new chapters of the series.

Hunter x Hunter, created by Yoshihiro Togashi, is about a boy named Gon and his journey as a hunter. Hunters are basically licensed super-citizens with access to private information and the privilege to hunt unique animals and persons of interest. Gon’s perilous trek is riddled with death-defying battles and heartache in hopes of meeting his long-lost deadbeat father, Ging. I might be embellishing a tad but know that Dragon Ball Z’s Goku has nothing on Ging in terms of shitty parenting. Luckily, Gon discovers that his true father was the friends he made along the way.

What was Togashi’s first official tweet? A close-up photo of a manga panel draft with the number six written on the bottom edge of the page.

“4 more episodes for the time being,” Togashi said in the Google-translated tweet.

Any doubts that Togashi’s Twitter account was a fake were immediately punched into the stratosphere by One-Punch Man artist Yusuke Murata, who confirmed the account was the real deal. The ever-reliable Audrey “aitaikimochi” Lamsam posited that the characters in Togashi’s tweet might indicated Togashi intends on ending the manga in the four chapters he’s working on.

Read More: Yoshihiro Togashi Wants To Finish Hunter x Hunter

This seemingly innocuous “I have a Twitter now” news is significant for fans. The series stands among the ranks of other popular works like Takehiko Inoue’s Vagabond and the late Kentaro Miura’s Berserk, manga fans had come to grips with never reaching a conclusion. The Hunter x Hunter faithful, believing Gon and friend’s adventures would continue, went so far as to create a hiatus chart for Hunter x Hunter that tracks its appearances in Shonen Jump magazine against the days it’s been on hiatus. As such, today’s tweet finally puts to bed speculation about the future adventures of Gon and company.

If you haven’t steeped yourself in Hunter x Hunter yet (which you should) but have watched the irreverent “Big Three” anime Naruto, know that Hunter x Hunter’s early adventures are basically Naruto’s first three story arcs (y’know, the good ones). That’s because Hunter x Hunter served as inspiration for Masashi Kishimoto’s magnum opus.

While this news is no doubt spectacular, I’d be remiss not to mention that the reason behind Hunter x Hunter’s storied hiatus is Togashi’s health, an issue that plagues many managka due to their grueling work schedules. Over the years, Togashi enlightened readers on his workflow while being bedridden for severe back issues in a series of Hunter x Hunter author’s notes.

In a 2018 Weekly Jump interview translated by Redditor VeraciousCake, Togashi voiced his frustration at the manga dragging on and his desire to conclude Hunter x Hunter or die trying.

“But Hunter x Hunter as it is now has a lot in it that makes me want to keep on reading, even from my own perspective as a reader,” Togashi said (via VeraciousCake). “And from my perspective as a writer, there are still many things in it left that I want to write, that I would enjoy writing. And so if anyone would be willing to enjoy this ride with me, that is all I can hope for.”

I love your energy, Togashi, but please don’t die. Sailor Moon’s creator Naoko Takeuchi needs her husband alive and well. Now, I’m going to listen to Galneryus’ “Hunting For Your Dream” on loop to celebrate this glorious occasion.

Yeah Togashi happy to see the Manga returning but what about the Anime that has been past due to return. I want that back before wanting to dive back into the Manga to be honest.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm only two episodes in of Spy x Family but Anya is just the most adorable child in anime rn.

lonely-anya-spy-x-family.gif

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I think I'd watch this. I could see a Cyberpunk anime being tight.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Still finishing up the most recent Castlevania Season but more of that World yes please.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The last 2 Seasons of My Hero Academia have been so entertaining to watch and I expect Season 6 to keep that momentum.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are further along in that process then are letting on. Still pretty hype to know we are going further in the DB World!

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

@Chris @Blaze @The Fourth Wall @Deezy

Remember I told you about that TMNT Last Ronin Comic Chris? Apparently a fan like myself is doing the Story Animation Style and knowing the Story and where it goes this shit had me in Tears. What you you guys think?

Reactions: Deezy and Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Never heard of Trigun but it seems like a continued story is upon us in 2023. Liked the feel of the Trailer and Crunchyroll uploaded the first Episode of the original Trigun might need to check that out. Just when I add a few new Anime this Week I get pulled away to watch an older Anime.​