The Animal calls the Montréal Screwjob "a joke"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Was that in the Bret Hart Book? I read the Michaels one and I don't remember reading something about that. I know he had a chapter for the Screw Job but of course theres two sides to every story, and in Michaels book, he is gonna try to make himself look like the good guy, and Bret is going to do the same in his.

Bret Harts book is by far one of the most accurate wrestling books out there. He may make himself look like a bigger star than he was, and make himself look cool and level headed, but he doesn't post bullshit.

I would take his side on this subject then I would from HBKs book, because his was full of inaccuracies and blatant false statements.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty sure it was also covered on the Rivalries DVD, but don't take my word as gospel.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've taken Vince's side in that Screwjob matter pretty strongly over the years, but even I wouldn't take Shawn's word at anything. Even in the Rivalries dvd, Shawn is still clinging to his own bullshit twisted version of events. Particularly how he still claims it was Triple H who ultimately convinced Vince to follow through with the Screwjob. Yeah... riiiiiight. :PointWink:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's not that hard to believe that Triple H said that comment about fuck him if he doesn't want to do business we'll do business for him considering HHH said he said that himself. Not gonna say it was the deciding factor or anything but I can see HHH being Shawn's boy and all pushing the issue.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's not that hard to believe that Triple H said that comment about fuck him if he doesn't want to do business we'll do business for him considering HHH said he said that himself. Not gonna say it was the deciding factor or anything but I can see HHH being Shawn's boy and all pushing the issue.
If the Screwjob happened in 1999, I might believe that. But that was 1997 when Shawn was the king of locker room pull and Triple H was just his lackey... barely coming off a year-long punishment for the Curtain Call incident because the other 3 guys involved, including Shawn, couldn't be punished. The idea that Triple H could have been even moderately involved in Montreal is laughable. I've heard Triple H say that it was his call too, but I doubt that's something Triple H would have a problem taking the fall for to protect Shawn's new image. If it were made public that it was Shawn that said "Fuck him!", it might be hard for fans to accept his "Texas Jesus" persona and even harder for Bret to forgive him. I seriously doubt Triple H cares the slightest what Bret Hart thinks of him and doesn't owe him anything, unlike Michaels.

Of course, this is just my own theory, no way I could actually back it up with anything more than speculation, but I just have a seriously hard time believing Triple H had anything to do with Montreal.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Again not saying HHH's comment was him saying it with stroke. I was saying it was him saying it to back HBK more who was his friend and basically a lackey too and probably trying to get in even better with Vince. It's like if you were debating on beating somebody up who pissed you off earlier in the day and you got a friend of yours right next to you basically in your ear saying you should beat that dude up hyping him up to do it. That's pretty much how I see this situation. HBK was a dick back then and everyone knows that so I don't see how supposedly using HHH as a scapegoat for that comment would lessen that any anyways.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
HBK was a dick back in the day no doubt however;

Bret should've been a professional about dropping the belt doesn't matter where he was dropping the belt he should've dropped it if it was me my only request would've been a farewell speech afterwards to see off the crowd and then tried my luck with WCW.