The 4th Annual Smarks Choice Awards - Nomination Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
logo_text-only.png

The 4th Annual Smarks Choice Awards
Nomination Thread

Welcome everybody to the 4th Annual Smarks Choice Awards! It's a special time for Wrestling Smarks as we celebrate many years of activity by announcing the return of a once-in-a-year event and applauding those who are truly deserving. Today, we have several categories for members of WS to nominate other users for. Nominations are made by PMing @Grim Theft Auto with at most three names for each category. Once the nomination period is over (December 25th, 2022), the 3 most nominated folks will be placed in a poll for the public to vote on. That's right, you, the people, get to decide the winners! Do not be afraid to name your nominations publicly as well!

And now on to your categories!

Best WWE Poster - The WWE is perhaps one of the most active sections in all of Wrestling Smarks, and we see many many names appear to make their voices heard in the section. Who do you believe to be the best posters in the WWE section?

Best AEW Poster - One of the more popular sections on Wrestling Smarks, it has become a home to a great many posters here on WS. Who loves the AE-Dub more?

Best Indy Wrestling Poster (NWA, ROH, etc.) - There are those who love the independent wrestling scene and can't get enough of it. Who in your mind best exemplifies discussion regarding the Independent wrestling section?

Best Impact! Poster - With the interest in Impact (despite all attempts to die), we want to find out who loves this blasted company the most.

Best NJPW/International Poster - Who's the biggest fan of New Japan Pro Wrestling and other international companies?

Best General Wrestling Poster - Of course, there are also those who prefer talking about older wrestling or other wrestling discussions. A select few will be chosen for this category, so name your picks!

Best Non-Wrestling Poster - There's much more than just wrestling here on Wrestling Smarks, and some folks make their homes in the outer reaches of the wrestling sphere, such as General talk and others. Nominate the folks you feel best exemplify quality posting outside of wrestling.

Best Sports Poster - With the increase in activity regarding sports, WS has seen fit to bring forth a new prestigious award for Best Sports Poster. Who has continually shown to be the best poster in the sports section? Who loves their teams more than anyone else?

Best Entertainment Poster - This award goes out to those who make the Entertainment section of the forum one of the most enjoyable places to discuss things. This includes music, television, movies, and of course video games.

Best Video Games Poster *NEW* - We have for ourselves lots of gamers on WrestlingSmarks, so it's only fitting we give them a special award for their activity within the video game and electronics section of our forum! Who yammers about video games all day the best?

Best Interactive User - Thanks to the burgeoning user base bringing up the revival of the Interactive Section, we as Wrestling Smarks saw fit to create a new award just for those users. This award combines the Review, Tournament, and Prediction sections and is awarded to the consensus best user.

The Grim Award for Best Booker - With Be The Booker section seeing another strong year, Wrestling Smarks has dedicated an award for those with active fantasy booking stories. Nominate your favorite user who has run a BTB this year. Named after Grim, who has won the award three years in a row.

The Jimmy King Award for Nicest Poster - Being good is great, and WS recognizes that the person who causes little problems and makes everyone feel great about themselves deserves an award. Nominate the people who you feel are the nicest people on WS! Named after Jimmy King, a 2x winner of the award, and overall a nice guy.

Funniest Poster - Who's got the quirkiest jokes, brings the biggest laughs, and all around makes the most humorous of anecdotes to entertain the user base?

Best Newcomer - Who joined in the last year that got hot and became the talk of the town? For the Best Newcomer award, we are precluding users who joined post-September 2022 from being available on this list. However, those who have indeed joined WS after September will be eligible to win this prestigious award next year. Users who have joined Between October 2021 and September 2022 are eligible for this award.

Member of the Year -
Who do you feel is the single best member of the year, who stands head and shoulders above everybody?

Staff Member of the Year - Who is a member of the upper management who continually made life better or showed exemplary leadership to the other members of WS?

Best Thread Starter - Who makes the best threads and discussions?

Best Shouter - Who makes great use of their time inside the Smarkbox, Wrestling Smark's very own chatbox available to anyone?

Coolest Signatures - Signatures are a part of a member's personality. Who's got the best one?

Coolest Avatars - Who's got the best picture for their profile?'

Coolest User Profile - Who has the best profile posts, biography, and wallpaper for their personal page?

Best Username - Who has the coolest name?

Comeback Kid - A special award for those who went on hiatus for a while but have returned to become a big deal once again! Who's got the best comeback?

Begin your Nominations now! The Nomination Period ends on December 25th, 2022.

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So how are we handling those who came over this year from the merger, but who’s join date isn’t this year? Like for best newcomer?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So how are we handling those who came over this year from the merger, but who’s join date isn’t this year? Like for best newcomer?

I believe we handled that last year, actually, despite the very sluggish way things went.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Otherwise it is definitely something to be discussed in the chat room to see if a form of compromise can be made.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I believe we handled that last year, actually, despite the very sluggish way things went.
Wait, was the merger last year? I swear it was this year???? :pogba so how did we handle it before it happened

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Wait, was the merger last year? I swear it was this year???? :pogba so how did we handle it before it happened

I think people who were merged over here were eligible last year for newcomer, which is why @Princess Rosé was a member of the ballot for that year.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think people who were merged over here were eligible last year for newcomer, which is why @Princess Rosé was a member of the ballot for that year.
But the merger was this year? I just looked and even if it was last year it was after September for sure. Some people like Rose just joined last year, before we had the merger.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
But the merger was this year? I just looked and even if it was last year it was after September for sure. Some people like Rose just joined last year, before we had the merger.
Otherwise it is definitely something to be discussed in the chat room to see if a form of compromise can be made.

4hqc92.gif

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean I tried that earlier this year when it happened and we never came to anything. Sooooo…. :toomanykobes

I also see why you’re confused. Smark did buy it like last September, but they was separate til this year.?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Two notes quick:

The Booker of the Year award has changed name, so it's officially the "Grim Award for Best Booker"

Secondly, we are officially introducing the "Video Game Poster" award this year too, since that section has been getting pretty active. Do not forget to nominate someone for that award too.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

As the current holder of the AEW Poster of the year award, let me just start off by saying what a wild ride we have gone through as a section! Live discussion at all times high, a NJPW show (whom yours truly will shamelessly plug as one the greatest live event I've had the pleasure to attend) , backstage drama, an MJF plane ticket and of course an absolute madhouse of phenomenal matches. Did I mention the aquisition of ROH andCM Punk returningafter 7 years? Fair to say 2022 has been absolutely insane for wrestling as whole and we are all better for it.

tony-khan.gif

As far as AEW torchbearer, well the pool has gotten much much deeper and after receiving the award last year from two time holder @Blaze I can genuinely say it's pretty freakin' awesome to have so many regulars every week both in Live Chats and just other news threads. The usual suspects like Chris, Blaze, Fourthy, Booty and others holding down the fort of LDs is always awesome. Even Deth got peepin. Always awesome to enjoy this stuff with everyone, good luck to everyone.

eddie-kingston-wink.gif

you're gonna need it!
tony-khan.gif

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

As the current holder of the AEW Poster of the year award, let me just start off by saying what a wild ride we have gone through as a section! Live discussion at all times high, a NJPW show (whom yours truly will shamelessly plug as one the greatest live event I've had the pleasure to attend) , backstage drama, an MJF plane ticket and of course an absolute madhouse of phenomenal matches. Did I mention the aquisition of ROH andCM Punk returningafter 7 years? Fair to say 2022 has been absolutely insane for wrestling as whole and we are all better for it.

tony-khan.gif

As far as AEW torchbearer, well the pool has gotten much much deeper and after receiving the award last year from two time holder @Blaze I can genuinely say it's pretty freakin' awesome to have so many regulars every week both in Live Chats and just other news threads. The usual suspects like Chris, Blaze, Fourthy, Booty and others holding down the fort of LDs is always awesome. Even Deth got peepin. Always awesome to enjoy this stuff with everyone, good luck to everyone.

eddie-kingston-wink.gif

you're gonna need it!
tony-khan.gif

You was the only reason last year that I didn’t take my name off the ballot. Like legit was considering it after my second win, then it’s like okay well I think jeff could beat me. So I kept my name there. Because I’m sure you would’ve hated to win if I wasn’t in the running. Didn’t wanna do that to my friend

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You was the only reason last year that I didn’t take my name off the ballot. Like legit was considering it after my second win, then it’s like okay well I think jeff could beat me. So I kept my name there. Because I’m sure you would’ve hated to win if I wasn’t in the running. Didn’t wanna do that to my friend
Iron sharpens iron, they say

Reactions: Vegeta

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
So is December 25 the cut off date?