The 21st No Smark Zone

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Audio this time

This one is about ring psychology, storytelling, and the lack thereof in TNA.

[MEDIA]http://students.uww.edu/brzezinskl20/NSZ21pt1.wma[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://students.uww.edu/brzezinskl20/NSZ21pt2.wma[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://students.uww.edu/brzezinskl20/NSZ21pt3.wma[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://students.uww.edu/brzezinskl20/NSZ21pt4.wma[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://students.uww.edu/brzezinskl20/NSZ21pt5.wma[/MEDIA]

PeepShow

ROFL at the "Fuck". Great way to start the fucking show :)

What is wrong with Angle and his "story telling". Can you give me examples?

BTW, The Cowboys will assrape the Fudgepackers when they meet in about 3 weeks :)

Im still laughing that you even compare Lashley to Joe when it comes to physical condition and cardio. LMAO. The guy (Joe) Isnt breathing hard when he does any move. Have you sen Lashley. Nothing against Joe anymore, but he isnt exactly in the shape that Lashley is in.

:rofl: You getting pissed at the camera guy. :laugh:

Haha, did I say I knew everything? No. You may think I act like I know everything, and I kinda tend to do so. I mean seriously who posts on IWF and then says well, That was my opinion, but it wasnt right. Im totally wrong. No, you just dont do that. And whos opinons arent based on what you like or dont like? I mean cmon. That just doesnt make much sense. I know I dont know everything. Nobody knows everything in this world. As you said you are basing your opinion on what you think is right, so am I. You may not like it, but so be it.

What makes the X-Division special from the rest is exactly what you say. They dont have to tell stories like the MEers. They do spots. Thats what they do. As you would tell me, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

Are you fucking serious? You dont know whether the Dudley's or the MCMG are heels or faces? Wow.....I posted my comments on that in the other thread you made, so im not going to go into that again unless you bring it up again.

Ok, I uderstand you points on B&D and I completley see where youre coming from when you say that the real fans watch it when they like and dont when they dont like it. But isnt that what they do. They havent watched it in forever. (At least thats what they say. They read the reviews) They are just saying what they do to try to pursuade other fans to watch TNA buy burrying WWE. That may be the wrong way to go about it by some people. But obviously they dont care. So be it....lol

Ok, so wcan you give me an example of what TNA need to do to expand to the "casual" fans? Do they need to be like the WWE? Wait, I thought they already were to some of you. :g:

And in closing, are you seriously saying that Kaz/Christian isnt a good match/rivalry? I....I honestly dont even know what to say to that.

Anyways, even though I dont agree with some of your views, its still good to hear others opinons. Nice work and keep them coming :)

Soulpower

I'll discuss the show later. But I have to say this.. .I find it funny that you're that you hate smarks and whatnot, yet here you are talking about the lack of psychology and storytelling in matches, despite the fact that you are not a wrestler.

Basically, you're talking like you "in the business" and know how to talk about those subjects... Kinda sounds like a smark to me >_>

Rell

Reaction score
I call this the Fanboy zone....Ka-Durrhhh!!!

Kaedon

Reaction score
unlike a lot of other guys, I listen to what people say. If you completely disreguard what guys like Al Snow, Raven, Cornette, and even CM Punk say, and you take what some shmuck who has never been in the wrestling business says, youre a moron.

phantomgerald

Packers are definately going to destroy that rookie and his gay little purple friends.

I would be pissed though if the supposed winner of the Ultimate X match just grab the x. It'll ruin the entire match by having a crappy finish.The referee should have been faster instead and pick it off the floor and place it back up, and Tenay and West should say that the rule is that the x has to be taken off or something.

the dark knight

douche, right click>properties>download= pain.

compress them all in a rar file and upload em on rapidshare/anything else :(

ill try to download em tonight..

Kaedon

Reaction score
but phantom that line of thinking goes against "this is a real situation" if its not a fake real situation, and there are no consequences to anything, whats the point of the match? The ultimate goal is to draw money, but if you look at the most remembered (not best) but most remembered matches, all of them told an epic story of try to win/try not to lose. Sure it may have been a "crappy ending" but it would have made WAY more sense than what happened, which was everyone looked for the guy who set up the thing and said "Hey cocksucker you ruined my next spot". Who gives a fuck about your spot, you are in the ring, in the moment, you are not a fucking acrobat, youre a worker. By hanging anything, be it a shalayleigh, a briefcase, or an X, above a ring, you are telling people that this thing is the most important thing in this match. The match ends when you get to it. So if it falls, and you just stand there looking like a blueberry, you just slapped all the fans in the face. "No the X wasnt the most important thing" then why the fuck is the X there?

PeepShow

Kaedon, may I ask nicely why you tend to disreguard a ton of my comments in this section?

Kaedon

Reaction score
because you think you made your points and arguing them with you just wastes banwidth. No matter how much evidence I, or anyone else provides to the contrary, you still think you are right. So I just dont bother. Take for instance your "How can you not tell who is a face and heel" argument. Your argument boils down to "It's so obvious" when plainly it's not if so many people can't figure it out. How am I supposed to retort "It's obvious." The only good way is "it's not" and thats a waste of time.

PeepShow

I just dont get you. You post thing that you think are right. Everyone does. Yet you think Im the only one who thinks Im right about things. When someone on the forum posts something, they think what they posted is right. They dont post it b/c its wrong. IDK, maybe you do. But it looks like you are the one who has a problem with people who dont alwyas agree with everything you say.

Rell

Reaction score
I didnt listen yet, as soon as I saw "lack thereof in TNA" I knew this would be a huge fanboy speech...

Some of you take wrestling too seriously, just watch the shit and be happy :thumbdown:

-fedayeen

Kaedon

Reaction score
Because, PeepShow, my opinion isn't absolute. My opinion is subject to change as soon as I hear something that makes sense. Your points dont make sense a lot of the time. As I said your "How cant you see it" arguemnt is really not an arguemnt as you provide nothing to back it up. What am I sposed to say?

PeepShow

Ok, well I would love to be reminded of a point that I made that didnt make sense, but w/e. Its your opinion. So I wont start again.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I have been providing one this WHOLE THREAD. Your "how can you not tell who is a face/heel" argument. You said "you can tell by what they do in the ring and what they say during their promos." This IS how every face/heel establishes themselves. However in TNA, the line is severely blurred and you can't see that.