That divas segment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Was I the only one who thought it was a bad, borderline awful segment?

Why did Stephanie have to be involved in that segment at all? Her presence killed it in my opinion. Why did mommy have to fix things? She came out, buried the heel champion, made the lead babyface look like a geek, lead the new girls out and assigned teams? It kinda neuters the entire point of the story. Imagine if Stone Cold was brought out on his first night by Vince. "This here is Stone Cold Steve Austin, and he's going to be playing with you, Bret".

That segment would have gone over much better had Stephanie not been involved, it would have been much more natural. As it looks right now from my perspective, none of those girls are going to be booked to get over. In two months we are most likely going to be back at square one with the women.

Not to mention that Steph coming out and touting how great the women are rather than just letting them be great just screams of "Look at us! Our girls are empowering too!".

I can't be the only one who thought this?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The beginning could've been better, yeah. I get it that Steph is in charge of the diva's division in the back, but it didn't make any sense for her to be the one to introduce them. First off, she's still widely known as a heel and the co-leader of The Authority on screen. Second of all, she was the one who has backed Nikki on the show a while ago. Why would she try to belittle her?

Paige should've been the one to announce Becky, and Charlotte as her new "team members". Then Naomi and Tamina should've came out and announce Sasha to be their third person. It just would've felt like a more natural execution. The end result were Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha doing their submissions was good though.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
It really wasn't that great. I don't want to see any of the NXT girls booked badly, which on the main roster is inevitable.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Stephanie > Paige. It would have made sense to have Paige introduce the women herself, but Stephanie is one of the most prominent characters on the show and her being involved automatically makes the whole thing feel more important. Besides, I've often complained about how Stephanie never likes putting herself in storylines or even in mere segments with the Divas since The Authority apparently only like involving themselves in main event angles, so I was glad to see she was willing to do so here. Of course, it was partially just so she could spout her "women empowerment" shtick, but still.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Besides Steph (who is a heel boss and should usually side with heels) introducing the girls, I liked that segment.

I'm just hoping in two-three months' time I won't be looking back at the debuts of Charlotte, Sasha and Becky and just cringing at how badly they've been booked since then.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Besides Steph (who is a heel boss and should usually side with heels) introducing the girls, I liked that segment.

I'm just hoping in two-three months' time I won't be looking back at the debuts of Charlotte, Sasha and Becky and just cringing at how bad they've been booked since then.

Seriously, how many NXT people have been successful on the main roster? Let alone women.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Seriously, how many NXT people have been successful on the main roster? Let alone women.

Not a lot. They've got talented divas, it's just that their booking is atrocious.

It's like, you've just been called up to the main roster, the suits SHOULD have faith in you and should let you shine, hence why you've got the call.

If they don't, then why bother dragging someone from NXT?

It's not rocket science, or perhaps it is for them.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Not a lot. They've got talented divas, it's just that their booking is atrocious.

It's like, you've just been called up to the main roster, the suits SHOULD have faith in you and should let you shine, hence why you've got the call.

If they don't, then why bother dragging someone from NXT?

It's not rocket science, or perhaps it is for them.

The scripting on Total Divas is better than the booking for the Divas. Let those guys do the booking, it would probably be ten times better.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I agree with you to some degree. I think it would be better if paige just introduced charlotte and Becky, and then was interrupted by Sasha Banks and company, or whatever makes the divas seem independent.

Overrall I marked at sasha and charlotte all the same

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That was kinda off, but considering the state of the divas division and how hot the crowd was and all it was a win.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Other than Stephanie's outfit, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If I didn't like Stephanie much, I would have disliked it very much. :mask: I was personally happy for the girls. I'm sure they were positively elated to be in that situation. The crowd was gorgeous and it was during RAW where everybody is watching them. That moment may remain with them forever and I believe that was Stephanie's intent. I'm possibly wrong and being too positive about the situation

Reactions: EvilBlackCat

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

The Shield were booked pretty flawlessly from their debut to the time of their breakup. Not so much afterwards, of course...

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I think I was too excited that they were finally getting around to it to care about how they did it. Now I'm nervous about them screwing it up...

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think I was too excited that they were finally getting around to it to care about how they did it. Now I'm nervous about them screwing it up...

This is pretty much how I felt. I think all three are more then ready ring-wise to be up on the main roster, but any reservations I have are due to Creative Control. Will Sasha be allowed to be "The BOSS"? Is Charlotte just going to be a stuck up little privilidged brat? Will some idiot have Becky doing a RiverDance at any point? I don't really trust the WWE story writers. If it wasn't for the fact that I am addicted to watching wrestling...

I did like the segment though. Plenty of fun, even with Stephanie coming out there like that. Could be useful if after disposing of the Bellas, Paige and the other girls turn their sights on fixing the problem that is Stephanie McMahon. Up the Diva drama to include the Authority. Might as well make it interesting.

Reactions: I'll See Ya Kia