Thanksgiving is almost here

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I know a lot of people on here aren't from the US but for those of you who are, you celebrating it?

I don't do anything special. Just have the traditional meal with my mom, two brothers, and my niece.
My dad works, my nana is in a care facility, my grandpa passed away last year - then the rest of my family does there own thing now. We used to all get together and go to my nana's every year but that stopped like 6 years ago when both my grandparents health got bad. I don't really view it as a holiday anymore since my family doesn't gather like they used to. I'll still enjoy the food I'm sure but ehh, not like it used to be.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I eat my weight in pumpkin pie and cold turkey sandwiches, second best holiday tbh.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
You and your pumpkin fetish :pity:

Who hosts it, like the dinner?
When I lived in New York it was always my Grandma. She'd manage to gather the majority of my extended family year after year, were some great times.

In the first place I lived in Georgia an uncle & aunt took over, was a whole lot smaller. Didn't quite feel the same either.

Being where I am now my immediate family just figured we'd do one for us, which I'm fine with. Works better for me honestly.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
When I lived in New York it was always my Grandma. She'd manage to gather the majority of my extended family year after year, were some great times.

In the first place I lived in Georgia an uncle & aunt took over, was a whole lot smaller. Didn't quite feel the same either.

Being where I am now my immediate family just figured we'd do one for us, which I'm fine with. Works better for me honestly.

Had no idea you lived in NY. Seems like a lot of traditions are getting broken up. It sucks cause family loses touch and stuff or life happens. I do miss the old dinner gatherings, even if it involved my family all swearing in Italian under their breath LOL I'm hoping to start my own traditions when I get older, have a house, ect. Not sure what I will do but I'd like to think that I can do something to pass down in my family like my great grandparents did.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Had no idea you lived in NY. Seems like a lot of traditions are getting broken up. It sucks cause family loses touch and stuff or life happens. I do miss the old dinner gatherings, even if it involved my family all swearing in Italian under their breath LOL I'm hoping to start my own traditions when I get older, have a house, ect. Not sure what I will do but I'd like to think that I can do something to pass down in my family like my great grandparents did.
Italian eh? Probably had some good oddball meals at least. My family being mostly Polish we'd have stuff like galumpkis, which are decent now. But back then? If you put that next to my pie chubby me would be triggered.

• Haha

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Eh, not really. But clearance pumpkin pie day on Black Friday I'll be totally down for. :)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Italian eh? Probably had some good oddball meals at least. My family being mostly Polish we'd have stuff like galumpkis, which are decent now. But back then? If you put that next to my pie chubby me would be triggered.

Yeah my one great grandma came into the country without a dime to her name. No papers or anything. Back then they called them WOPs lol That part of my family hasn't even been in the country 100 years. Crazy to think. But yeah, Italian family gatherings were always good. There was always a nice mix of swearing and love. Thanksgiving was always the American traditional meal but all other holidays were Italian. I wish I could cook like my nana used to. She did pasta dishes from scratch and they were amazing! I had to google galumkins. I think the only Polish food I like is pierogies. Love those with onions and a bit of cheese pan fried in olive oil. Mmmmm I think I didn't like a lot of my families dishes back in the day either but I really started enjoying them as I got older.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Word to the wise, if you get turkey on a plate, smother it in gravy, and it eat hot; you are a menace to society. Gotta stick it in the fridge immediately, have you a good and cold turkey sandwich. Have a shitload of mayo ofc. If you do both however, you are pardoned.

• Haha

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Probably just going to eat a traditional meal with my boyfriend's family, since they treat me better than my blood family does.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Word to the wise, if you get turkey on a plate, smother it in gravy, and it eat hot; you are a menace to society. Gotta stick it in the fridge immediately, have you a good and cold turkey sandwich. Have a shitload of mayo ofc. If you do both however, you are pardoned.

I don't do gravy. I eat it plain. Actually a bigger fan of the sides than the turkey.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Going to help my mom cook and taste test as usual( my fav' part other than the actual dinner). Family usually doesn't come over but when they do it is to collect the cakes and pies.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
My favorite holiday. My work (hospital) is giving all us workers a free turkey, so I'll be having it twice this year. Once with family in minnesota that I love to go see, and once with friends. Thanksgiving is the shit. You see family with no drama, eat dank food, watch football, and just take life easy. Christmas is dogshit, Thanksgiving is the beast.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Anyone shopping today?