TEW/PWS Wrestling Simulators Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
My current save I brought back WCW (mainly cause I already had logos and pictures for it) but the promotion is booked like an actual wrestling league. For the first year or so there’s 8 teams. Each team has an owner, a gm/coach, a singles wrestler, a tag team, and a reserve wrestler in case of injury. The 8 teams are in two divisions so between each month PPV the singles and tag teams face the other three teams in their division on the weekly show. Then the PPV matches are the two divisions against each other, so whoever finished first in division A faces first place from division B and so on all the way to fourth place and same with tag. Some PPVs have different matches like my last PPV the singles matches were the singles wrestler and the teams reserve wrestler face against the team in the other division. Hopefully I did a decent job explaining it but I’m enjoying it, it makes me not have to spend so much time thinking creatively but also opens new types of story’s. For example I was just able to hire Shawn Michaels from NXT, Triple H is the entire leagues commissioner so there’s been a few weeks of Shawn trying to get HHH to help him own a team, so each week he goes to a different team owner to discuss buying it. One week he tried to convince Will Regal the leagues projections aren’t great so he should probably sell now while it’s worth at least something.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
@Hidden Blaze and @Daddy Deville both do for sure, I'd say any of you might as well go ahead and make a thread for it. Otherwise I don't really care if it's here instead since the games are so similar
I was going to suggest making this a thread for both games tbh. Unless OMB wants to do it separately. I personally don’t care which haha.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was going to suggest making this a thread for both games tbh. Unless OMB wants to do it separately. I personally don’t care which haha.

More than happy with just a wrestling sim thread myself, I can change the name for this one whenever if that's what we wanna do lol

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
More than happy with just a wrestling sim thread myself, I can change the name for this one whenever if that's what we wanna do lol
Yeah, probably the best route tbh. :lol gives me a place to post the YouTube videos of me playing doing as a side project in a thread that its more likely to be seen over my gaming thread lol.

Reactions: L3G4CY15

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
Yeah, probably the best route tbh. :lol gives me a place to post the YouTube videos of me playing doing as a side project in a thread that its more likely to be seen over my gaming thread lol.

Is it from the one you post on here? Either way you can send me a link and I’ll check it out for sure!

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Is it from the one you post on here? Either way you can send me a link and I’ll check it out for sure!
The two videos I posted already tbh are not worth it, as I wasn’t having much fun with it, but the BTB you’ve read, there’s no videos for it. This is just for when I’m not wanting to run those shows and write lol. Both were TNA however. :lol videos were 03 TNA. But I’m starting something new very, very soon that I’m sure I’ll have a lot of fun with. I’ll tag you once I start it.

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
The two videos I posted already tbh are not worth it, as I wasn’t having much fun with it, but the BTB you’ve read, there’s no videos for it. This is just for when I’m not wanting to run those shows and write lol. Both were TNA however. :lol videos were 03 TNA. But I’m starting something new very, very soon that I’m sure I’ll have a lot of fun with. I’ll tag you once I start it.

Please do. I binge read your BTB and loved it, based off your signings we have a similar taste on wrestlers.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm very disappointed to see TEW will include AI "art" by default

Seems weird to care in this situation when every time I suggest people play the Cverse instead of mods I'm told it's boring and no one does that.

The use that AI has is exactly for small games like this that otherwise wouldn't have the resources for artists and a shit ton of art that actually needs to be done in a generic way. It's not a major studio like Disney doing it for a TV show intro (Secret Invasion if you aren't aware) instead of paying artists they would normally pay.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm very disappointed to see TEW will include AI "art" by default
Hadn't seen that, but it definitely comes as a bit of a surprise if that's the case. I would be curious to know who previously made the CVerse renders, whether it was Adam himself or some different member of the team's job. Truth be told, when you compare AI generated characters to the one that are actually in the CVerse, the gap in quality is really quite clear, but still a shame if someone is potentially losing work behind this.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But I will say I did see earlier a lot of people not happy with that so very good chance he walks it back or tries to find an alternative, if not for this game then for the next. But that's only if people talk with their wallet and don't buy bc of it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hadn't seen that, but it definitely comes as a bit of a surprise if that's the case. I would be curious to know who previously made the CVerse renders, whether it was Adam himself or some different member of the team's job. Truth be told, when you compare AI generated characters to the one that are actually in the CVerse, the gap in quality is really quite clear, but still a shame if someone is potentially losing work behind this.

There was a big rerendering project on the forums for 2020 using AI itself too by members. Everyone didn't seem to like the classic character art for some reason

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I do recall the creators or the TVerse saying they would never adopt AI to create their images, so, idk, I guess you can always stick with that mod if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
There was a big rerendering project on the forums for 2020 using AI itself too by members. Everyone didn't seem to like the classic character art for some reason
Yeah, that's a big part of why I got into making my own characters :lol Look at any of the characters generated in that thread, or those that me or Looch have posted in this thread, and then look at the default characters in the CVerse... they look way fucking better :lol

Reactions: Chris

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
Also in my save one of my favorite stories happened organically. There’s a team where Zac Sabre is singles wrestler, Mox and Claudio are the tag team and Daniel Garcia is reserve. Chris Hero is the GM and the owner hasn’t been revealed yet. Mox got injured in his first match for a few months so Hero had to find a short term replacement. The entire team came to his office and begged him not to hire anyone and for him to fill in and reform the Kings of Wresting for one last run. He finally gives in and suffers a few losses and each week visibly looks less confident in himself and finally they got a big win at the last PPV over ABC. Mox will be returning in the next month so it’ll be over soon but it was something I hadn’t planned on it when I started but thoroughly enjoyed booking.