Terminator 5!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Deadline said:
He's baaack! Arnold Schwarzenegger is attached to star in a rights package that CAA is shopping today that will revive The Terminator, one of Hollywood's most iconic scifi franchises. The agency is dropping the package on studios this afternoon. I'm told that already, Universal, Sony and Lionsgate, and CBS Films are looking hard at the package. There is no screenwriter attached at this point, and Robert Cort is producing. This is the first real activity on The Terminator project since February 2010, when the property emerged from a bankruptcy auction and into the possession of Pacificor. The Santa Barbara-based hedge fund posted a bid of $29.5 million, with the promise that additional multimillion-dollar payments for each film would go to Halcyon, the company that made the 2009 McG-directed Terminator Salvation. That film starred Sam Worthington as the cyborg and Christian Bale as John Connor, and the storyline launched the battle between Skynet and the human survivors of the apocalypse, the war foreshadowed in James Cameron's visionary 1984 original film. Halcyon wanted to make several films but ran out of money. At the time of the auction, Pacificor beat out a combined bid by Lionsgate and Sony planning to make back-to-back sequels to bring the franchise to a natural creative conclusion.

Really why are they are trying to revamp this franchise again. Plus as much as Arnold=Terminator the guy is old now and can he really pull it off again? Should he be back in the role as Terminator or would they give him a different or lesser role? Would you go see Terminator 5 with Arnold?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I didn't expect them to bring Scream back after eleven years since the third film, and that happended so it doesn't suprise me this is happening. As much as the first two impressed me I am quite certain this will be terrible.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well the only thing I could hope for is it to be better than the last one. How did they make a movie with the robot war in full effect and it was boring.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Because the director is terrible, and Bale was totally wrong for the part amongst many other things. I didn't bother with that and doubt I will bother with this one. Don't forget also the origanal film was not only a exciting action film, but also a great film of ideas, and a great thriller in the way it was paced, nowadays with Blockbusters they just throw money at the screen and expect it to produce a classic film.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Because the director is terrible, and Bale was totally wrong for the part amongst many other things. I didn't bother with that and doubt I will bother with this one. Don't forget also the origanal film was not only a exciting action film, but also a great film of ideas, and a great thriller in the way it was paced, nowadays with Blockbusters they just throw money at the screen and expect it to produce a classic film.

michael-bay1.jpg

/thread.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shit makes money, don't ever underestimate the bad taste of a worldwide audience.

Michael Bay might be an uber hack director, but people still watch it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes, but films like Inception and the recent Batman films have proven that intellgent Blockbusters can make money as well as dumbo ones, in fact The Dark Knight is one of highest grossing films of all time. And besides this thread should be about what we think about theses films, not weather they make lots of money. I don't give a shit if Bay has made millions, he is still one of the worse directors maybe ever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Michael Bay has made studios Billions of dollars, not millions.

Inception was overrated, I hate movies where I guess the ending in the first 15 minutes into it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And your point is. I never said Inception was great [although between you and me it is] I just said it was an intellgent blockbuster which also took a lot of money, and what I mean by that is it doesn't treat the audience like dummies, and actually chellenges them, and like I said it made a shit lot of money, so it backs up my point. And I like the way you say it is preductible when you are defending Bay, like his films really have suprise endings.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm not defending anybody here, just stating simple facts. People go for mindless entertainment and explosions.
Never once did I say this was a good thing or a bad thing, just simply stating the obvious.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But I didn't disagree with that point, but you have to admit that the Dark Knight and Inception prove that big budgit films can still have depth and draw big money. I was just picking you up on the fact that you seem to think that it is alright for Bay to make poor films, but still make money, and yet when I mentioned Inception you slated it off because you don't like it, instead of saying its not for me, but I have to give it credit it made a bundle of cash.