Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

EXCLUSIVE: Deadline has learned that Nickelodeon is rebooting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the big screen with Point Grey Pictures’ Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver producing, and Jeff Rowe (Gravity Falls, Connected) directing. Brendan O’Brien (Neighbors: Sorority Rising, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates) will write the screenplay. Paramount will be handling global distribution on the film.

This time around, the feature adaptation of the Kevin Eastman-Peter Laird-created comic book, will be CG animated. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles feature franchise has accumulated $1.15 billion across six movies from three studios since 1990. The last two movies, released by Paramount and Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes in 2014 and 2016, were live-action and together accounted for $730.6M. The last time there was a feature CG version of Turtles was Warner Bros.’ 2007 TMNT ($96M WW).

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie reps Nickelodeon Animation Studio’s first-ever CG theatrical production, in partnership with Ramsey Naito, EVP, Animation Production and Development, who is overseeing production for Nickelodeon. Josh Fagen is overseeing for Point Grey Pictures.

Said Brian Robbins, President, Kids & Family for ViacomCBS: “Adding Seth, Evan and James’ genius to the humor and action that’s already an integral part of TMNT is going to make this a next-level reinvention of the property. I’m looking forward to see what they do, and I know that Ramsey Naito and her team are excited to take the Nick Animation Studio into another great direction with their first-ever CG-animated theatrical.”

Following Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles launch in 1984 as a comic book, it was followed up by a hit 1987-1996 animated TV series, as well as a billion-dollar selling retail juggernaut across toys, apparel, video games, and more. New Line released three live-action movies between 1990-1993 which grossed $323.2M WW.

Nickelodeon brought the franchise to life again in 2012 with the CG-animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and then reimagined the Heroes in a Half-Shell with the 2D-animated series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last year. As previously announced, as part of a separate deal, Nickelodeon and Netflix are partnering to produce an original animated 2D film based on the current Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.

I don't know how to feel about this news. The Animated Show they had a few Years back was fun and had the soul of what made TMNT great. They have an Animated Show going on right now with the Turtles looking weird as fuck to me compared to looks in the past, but honestly just give me the look and feel of the Turtles like from the first film already.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So it's just a cartoon.

Let's hope it's better than those Rogen and Goldberg's last cartoon.

Maybe they can make it dark like the original source material was.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So it's just a cartoon.

Let's hope it's better than those Rogen and Goldberg's last cartoon.

Maybe they can make it dark like the original source material was.

That is my hope that we can get of a blend of the dark vibe while bringing in the younger fans too.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
FLrRWNDVgAAbffU

FLrSBZyVUAYE_fC

Concept Art released for the Film coming in 2023. I guess we can put this in Coming Attractions now. Look at all that chaos in the background you gotta love it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Michelangelo looks high as fuck in that bottom photo.

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'll move the thread for ya. I hope this is good, I love TMNT. Got such fond memories of it growing up.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
What did you guys think of the 2014 TMNT film? I thought it was okay, but could have been a lot better. I absolutely adore the 1990 one though. I'm hoping this one hits me like that did.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If it's anything like that Batman/TMNT crossover a few years ago.....I'd anticipate this.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If it's anything like that Batman/TMNT crossover a few years ago.....I'd anticipate this.

I still never saw that but if they followed the comic crossover even a little that shit had to have ruled, it had no business being so good

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
What did you guys think of the 2014 TMNT film? I thought it was okay, but could have been a lot better. I absolutely adore the 1990 one though. I'm hoping this one hits me like that did.

I remember thinking it was a solid 2014 film but nothing I would want to go see again but I just might need to now. The Out of the Shadows from 2016 man that was hard to watch. I always try to find a positive for Shows and Movies but outside of Bebop and Rocksteady antics that sometimes went too over the top and Kang being there it wasn't an amazing Movie for me either. They locked up Shredder too Kang I think and I was bummed about that. Brian Tee was used as Shredder in the 2nd Film and he was coming off MK Legacy and I really enjoyed that with his different take on Llu Kang so I was hype to see once again a possibly badass Shredder like from the 1990 film. Disappointed to say with that but that 07 Film was amazing to me and the Animated stuff since then outside of the newest TMNT on TV have been good to me.

I watched the 1990 film on my Birthday with my Brother who is 21 and he still thinks it holds up. I think we can get that version of the Turtles if the right guys come together and understand the Turtles inside and out. I hope it's these guys but surely they need a Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni who respect the franchise and can handle it with care.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
FLrRWNDVgAAbffU

FLrSBZyVUAYE_fC

Concept Art released for the Film coming in 2023. I guess we can put this in Coming Attractions now. Look at all that chaos in the background you gotta love it.
First of all... THAT is atrocious. It looks like the cartoon on Nickelodeon. I have ZERO faith in Nickelodeon since the buyout.

Seth Rogan? Who casted this clown? Fire the person who greenlit it. Now, to be fair, his films can be good, if he can play it... like the movie where he is this broke entrepreneur who smokes weed, who got a girl pregnant. That film put him in the right light, but his whole actor demeanor is this white smoker dude. And he plays into the role both on film, AND OUTSIDE the films. No wonder anyone doesn't take his shit seriously.

This is gonna bomb. To be fair the 2007 film is sublime in voiceover/acting, the graphics stayed true to the source material, and still bombed. Which is why Michael Bay was put in charge of 2014, even though I don't like the design all that much, BUT it did the source material just fine enough to greenlight sequels. They were trying really hard to attract new people to the franchise, but Nickelodeon is practically Disney with the idiocy slant.

The problem is the source material isn't being used properly. I'm a YUGE Turtles fan, and I AM sad where its going with Nickelodeon.

And who's dumbass idea was it to put glasses on Donnie? In a promotional image? He only wears his scientific gear when he is doing his scientific stuff. Never outside. And Mikey looks a bit stupid down there if he's acting high.
I watched the 1990 film on my Birthday with my Brother who is 21 and he still thinks it holds up. I think we can get that version of the Turtles if the right guys come together and understand the Turtles inside and out. I hope it's these guys but surely they need a Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni who respect the franchise and can handle it with care.
I agree. I watched both TMNT films recently, and I bursted a cry. Awe. We won't get that feeling of Turtles fun anymore. :(

All 3 films are on HBO Max if anyone is interested.
I like 2007 film more than I do 2014. TMNT don't need to look like a bunch of steroided looking bunch of Turtles, with gear that make them look like a cluttered mess. BUT... BUT... the film itself HAS the soul of TMNT, if you can help it - i mean, get past the design of the Turtles. I don't even mind the story. And hell, whoever casted Sheamus as the famous bebop? PERFECT. And, it SHOWS that he loves TMNT, too. He played the role perfectly.

2007 film was the closest thing to the 1990's films. 2014 was close, but overdone with the design, I don't mind the explosions, otherwise it was good.

Nickelodeon's TV adaptation isn't jibing for me. The New film looks trash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
It's only Concept Art though it doesn't mean the final look will be like that. Leo looks straight out of the 90s Cartoon and Raphael looks like the Next Mutation Ralph from the Live Action Show they had for Fox Kids. The Show itself for that oh boy terrible but I didn't mind the look of the Turtles in that or them wanting to update the look after keeping the same ones for a good while by that point. Let's get back to making Shredder one scary mofo like the original Film did, as well as the Animated Show in the 2000s and you already got me. Hey @Stone Cold X have you read the Last Ronin Comic from Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird?

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
It's only Concept Art though it doesn't mean the final look will be like that. Leo looks straight out of the 90s Cartoon and Raphael looks like the Next Mutation Ralph from the Live Action Show they had for Fox Kids. The Show itself for that oh boy terrible but I didn't mind the look of the Turtles in that or them wanting to update the look after keeping the same ones for a good while by that point. Let's get back to making Shredder one scary mofo like the original Film did, as well as the Animated Show in the 2000s and you already got me.
The thing is, you gotta look at Nickelodeon's track record. Their films are adapted to be "in brand" with their property. Teen Titans has a TV show, then adapted to films. Then a live-action TEEN TITANS. I like the TV show for what it is, but they want to bring THAT style into the next adaptation.
Hey @Stone Cold X have you read the Last Ronin Comic from Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird?
Sorry, but nope. :confused:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The thing is, you gotta look at Nickelodeon's track record. Their films are adapted to be "in brand" with their property. Teen Titans has a TV show, then adapted to films. Then a live-action TEEN TITANS. I like the TV show for what it is, but they want to bring THAT style into the next adaptation.

Sorry, but nope. :confused:

Read it when you can. I would love to see an Animated Version of the Story.