Ted Dibiase Jr=Future Marine (No, seriously!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Well I class you quoting sentences of mine and responding to them ripping it to shreds, not debating!

If you reember rightly though cenas first gimmick had him in those god awful trunks, not exactly a world class gimmick!

You have obviously taken my first post the wrong way with me saying "Wrong" it could either be taken in a serious way of me wanting to take glee in putting your post down or it could have been taken as me putting my point across. As for your response, I don't believe it was in the same context.

I don't really think he has made that much of an impact as of yet. Sure they have done the angle with Punk but nothing to solidify him. This Orton storyline will solidify his status and him haing time off to heel fits in with that. why not shoot a movie at the same time so he knows thsat when he becosme popular he won't have to take time off, risking losing momentum to shoot a movie?

Ok, well I'll reply in bulk if I come across any less 'vicious'(*) to you.....

(*Note: Lighthearted sarcasm)

Bottom line re: Cena is that he was largely established by the time he took time out to make The Marine (as I already pointed out, a 2 x US champ (Including the h-u-g-e FU-ing of Big Show @ WM20) and was over like hell. This is further highlighted by the fact that within less than 5 months of his return he clocked up another US title reign and the WWE title win @ WM.

Compare that to Dibiase... They made a big thing of his debut... Became a title holder in his first match without so much as playing the slightest physical part in a match. Shortly after we saw him ME S.N.M.E. and (with Cody) gain a win over the two biggest faces on the ENTIRE WWE roster and they've been pretty much teasing the Orton/Priceless thing ever since (not that I see the two as directly related).... That's a pretty eventful 'launch' period if you asked me (especially by WWE's cautious standards of today) and as I previously stated it is my concern that this will be wasted. Let's face in Cody & Manu right now don't count for shit without him.

I guess we'll have to see how long he's out. What happens at Survivor Series (if anything) should be somewhat suggestive of their plans for Dibiase's path for 2009.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im sure i read somewere that he had time off coz he just got married. Could be wrong but sure thats what i read.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I just think that it is best to have him take time off now to do the movie rather than waiting until he has gained full momentum.

Wrestling Station

The purpose of any movie today is to get money and huge profit out of it. But if the star of the movie is someone who is not a huge draw, then the movie will not succeed and the producer and his friends will end up shitting themselves.

Waste of time and effort for this movie.

Evil Austin

lol. That's all I got to say about that. But yes I do agree with Wrestling Station above me movies are to promote the wwe to hollywood with their most prized money making wrestler at the time being Rocky / Cena / Austin (condemed) / Triple H (blade III Trinity) and a few others. like Kane with that movie I forgot with the hook.

With Dibiase in a movie I don't quite understand he is in mid card / tag card right now and he won't be a bit money draw for the teenagers to buy tickets to see the new marine as more people are familiar with Cena. Or is it because by the time in the next half year the movie comes out when Dibiase comes back to the ring he is in line for a push up the ladder ?

chessarmy

:laugh: This is going to be very interesting. I wonder how Ted does with this role, it should be fun to watch though lol

Airfixx

The purpose of any movie today is to get money and huge profit out of it. But if the star of the movie is someone who is not a huge draw, then the movie will not succeed and the producer and his friends will end up shitting themselves.

Fuck that! The purpose of a film isn't to make money or sell stars.... Don't let the shitty Hollywood/US film market taint your view of what is a fantastic and at times massively inspiring artform.

Waste of time and effort for this movie.

I agree with you on that part tho'.