Ted DiBiase Injured Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Ted DiBiase broke his ankle at last night's TV Taping. He's having a pretty rough run lately.

It has been a horror run for him lately. No way he can make WrestleMania now so he will miss out on a good payday. Might be good for him to be off television for a bit since his character really wasn't going anywhere. He can heal up for a month or two or however long it will take and WWE can then start to run some videos hyping his return to get people interested in him returning. Can help him tweak his gimmick a bit as well to try to make him more than a midcarder.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Terrible news for him, Skip Sheffield was out injured from a broken ankle going on nearly a year I believe although I think he had some sort of complication or something. Hope the same doesn't happen for Ted.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wow I heard he got hurt didn't know it was to this extent though. Hope he is able to recover fine from that since as said above me Skip had that same injury and it took him a long time to recover from it due to having issues with it off and on.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I had forgotten about that, hopefully this doesn't take anywhere near as long as that. Even worse that Sheffield still hasn't made it back to television yet. We should hear an estimate on his return later in the week from WWE.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Damn that sucks as he had just come off a wrist injury and now he has a broken ankle that he has to get over, will most likely miss the Mania pay day too which sucks. He had a decent run going in his matches with Hunico and Mahal on the occasion and he was slowly building some decent momentum but they would always have him lose eventually in a short match and in an unimpressive fashion. It's a shame since the guy has potential to be a top midcarder or even main eventer in the future/a few years time since he has a good look and can work a good match. Just needs to work on his promo skills and WWE need to make him look impressive so he gets a good reaction. He already has a good amount of fans with the DiBiase Posse and I always see a lot of those signs at SmackDown. Although, it could also be a blessing in disguise as he could take time off to think over his gimmick and work on some of the areas he lacks in and then WWE can book him to have an impressive return and push him into one of the title scenes such as the US or IC championship.

2u6cns9.png

Last edited:

rcoot93

Reaction score
I like him, hopefully the time off will do him good and they can generate intrest for his return

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Dibiase Parties are on the hold again? I think I'm gonna cry. I was seriously getting behind insulting that abomination.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It sucks for him to miss a WM payday but i'm not gonna miss him from TV. Hope he does recover from his injury.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Ted seriously needs to come back with a stable, somehow. On his own is not working out. Give him a stable like his dad and have someone else be the mic worker for him. Maybe someone like the Miz and put in Curt Hawking and Reks. See what happens? Just a suggestion.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- WWE.com reports that Ted DiBiase sustained a Grade 2 tear to his deltoid ligament and a heel bone fracture in the Superstars match against Jinder Mahal on Tuesday night. WWE adds that DiBiase will likely be out of action for several weeks.
Can't be too serious if he's only going to miss a few weeks which is quite a surprise.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Says several which usually means at least a month or more.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looks like he will be out until just after WM. Good that he doesn't need surgery but I still say that this break is a good thing for him because he wasn't going anywhere. I don't think that he needs to have a stable like his dad did, I think what would be best for him is being less like his father because it hasn't gotten him that far in his career so far. Look at Cody, he references his family but he is a unique individual whereas Ted for so long was trying to be an exact replica.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
33y0rbb.png

t54zuo.png

Hope his recovery goes well and quick and he comes back soon, hopefully with a push.