Team Canada

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Ok I think its a really good Idea to bring this group back together...Back in the day they had to be the biggest and most entertaining stable on TNA...(and my personal favorite)....but it would have to be a little diffrent...

For one NO ROBERT ROODE...he is too much of a talent to be put back in a stable...he should be in the Main Event picture very soon so sorry,but he has to be left out this time...

Next....make it consist of possibly Eric Young,Petey Williams,and other wasted talent who desreve their time to shine....EY and Petey were simply awesome when they were in Team Canada and they really shined...especally Petey (who IMO is one of the most underused underrated performers in TNA)...

So give me some ideas on who you think should be in Team Canada if they were to re group and also if you think it would be a good idea to do so...

PeepShow

Wow, I actually agree with Phil on something.

Yeah, Team Canada was pretty stale at the end there, and really, I dont want to see it again. If it were to happen, maybe like Jericho, Cage, and someone else, but that of course isnt going to happen. Fuck EY, I just want to see Petey more

Reaction score
The only reason to get Team Canada back together is to put Petey Williams back on TV, but he's talented enough that they should be doing that anyway, so its kind of pointless either way. I wouldn't want to see it, but Petey should be involved way more.

Barurot

Reaction score
Team Canada had a good run, but as mentioned it got stale, a new stable? Perhaps, provided they use a stable properly this time.... Team Canada? Nope...

Weebo

Reaction score
Great Idea, I think they should come back, but I don't think they will be able to have both Robert Roode and Eric Young this time though

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Team Canada did as much as they could possibly do… Maybe in a few years down the line we could see some sort of faction similar to them come back, but for now I can’t see it happening!

If it were to happen though I’d love for the stable to be like this…. :-

Petey Williams
Eric Young
The Naturals
Maybe Some 1 else...

Hey, who said they had to be canadian! Team Canada in WCW consisted of Mike Awesome, Elix Skipper & Jim Duggan!!!!

thedeadite

Reaction score
Team Canada was great, but I can understand how people would think that it got stale. For me it was more like Team BCW, I got to see all the guys I watched/used to watch in my local fed all together on national t.v.. I couldn't get enough of it.

LKP

Why are people saying on here that tna should bring back the new church and team canada? They failed for a reason they had their time and got stale. Tna need to move forward maybe factions are not the way to go. Maybe they are but if theya re they never last long. The only kind of faction i like in tna is the christian coilition. Styles cage and tomko they are entertaining i like them. Mind you you guys on here are talking about factions in tna is that all thats going on in tna now nothing? So you can come up with tna factions bringing them back threads? C'mon guys i watch tna and can think of plenty more thing and topics to come up with. TNA cant be that much good at the moment for you people to start making thread about bringing factions back.

The Godfather

Reaction score
Why are people saying on here that tna should bring back the new church and team canada? They failed for a reason they had their time and got stale. Tna need to move forward maybe factions are not the way to go. Maybe they are but if theya re they never last long. The only kind of faction i like in tna is the christian coilition. Styles cage and tomko they are entertaining i like them. Mind you you guys on here are talking about factions in tna is that all thats going on in tna now nothing? So you can come up with tna factions bringing them back threads? C'mon guys i watch tna and can think of plenty more thing and topics to come up with. TNA cant be that much good at the moment for you people to start making thread about bringing factions back.

Err...WTF?

phantomgerald

I am against the return of Team Canada. I just don't see the point of it. Factions like these where it is formed by geographics just isn't going to work in the long run. The mere fact that Team canada lasted as long as they did is a miracle in itself, and TNA should have done a better job with them after they broke up. Petey had that USA flag thing going on, but it just died out and so did his career. Petey definately needs a new faction again, but not team Canada. Create a new one.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
It's pretty sad really that both TNA & WWE haven't had a whole line of Factions/Stables in the last few years. IMO there a great way for getting people on TV & also slightly pushing them.

That's one of the many positive things ROH does... Many Factions!

The A-man

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that TNA doesn't need another "Team Canada" faction as its previous members have already benefited from its run in terms of exposure and star-power.

Besides, a faction can't just pop up out of the blue. It needs a clear cut reason and general purpose to exist.

MJ807

Reaction score
Yeah I'm against bringing back Team canada as well I was overjoyed when they disbanded but I agree with the point that Petey Williams should be on more. And maybe their should be a faction with him in it but not Team Canada. But like someone said a "Rookie faction". With Eric Young, Petey Williams, Kaz and the Naturals now something like that I could see working.

AMPLine4Life

Reaction score
I think about wrestling. A lto of things get stale and die and then come back. Like XXX. They were never to be a team again because that was the stipulation in their last match. And look at them now. All 3 of them could be doing so much mreo. Don't bring back Team Canada. Petey is my third faovrite TNA guy and I hope [doubt it] they will give him a babyfac esingles push. And Young is too much of a fan faovrite to turn heel again.