Taylor Swift and T-Pain Thug Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

I don't see how it's a parody beyond the title, and even in that case it hardly resembles anything.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I won't agree with that since I've never heard love song, but you're in the right vein.
ok..

btw its love story..

I don't see how it's a parody beyond the title, and even in that case it hardly resembles anything.

Well I don't see hows anything like I'm On A Boat like Chuck said expect from saying it.

All the news and stuff about the song that I've read has mentioned Love Story. So yeah its just basically her having her song or w/e and changing it around.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
A non-serious rap song, with T-Pain that has the line "I'm On A Boat" and it came out during the popularity spike of "I'm On A Boat." Hmmmmm......

Yeah and it has Taylor Swift in who's song Love Story is very popular right now. Hmmmmm

Think what you want but it wasn't done to gain fans for her or for her to get more popular off of. But if you wanna say that I could say the same about T-Pain wanting to get more popular so he works with the most popular country music star there is. I mean from videos I seen on youtube people seem to have became a T-Pain fan now. I haven't but some have.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But T-Pain isn't the one doing a generic country love song.

Look if you knew anything about this as I do you would know it was really just a skit for the CMT Awards. They do an opening skit each and every year

I know i said it b4 but let me just show you

This is the full opening..

[YT]9njvU9ed_34[/YT]

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is that that skit would have never been done had someone not gone" Hey, 'I'm On A Boat' is popular, let's try to get the same reaction as that."

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is that that skit would have never been done had someone not gone" Hey, 'I'm On A Boat' is popular, let's try to get the same reaction as that."

Not true. Taylor has said many times she love to do come kind of collaboration with a rapper. She was hoping more for Lil Wayne I think but since they had already had T-Pain down to give out an award they went ahead and let Taylor have a chance to work with a rapper. I think I know more about this then you since well I'm a Taylor fan and apart of the CMT Boards that always have news being posted and stuff about Taylor. So keep trying this is one time you can't win.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Your still not getting it. I swear your fucking stupid if you think that is just because of that. She had fun doing it that is all it was for TO HAVE FUN!.

I don't see where your proof is besides the fact they say it in the song.....whoopied freaking doo. Maybe get your facts on something before posting next time. Like I said I know more about this then you since I follow country music news and Taylor Swift news more then you do.

edit: You want proof of what I been saying more

http://www.theinsider.com/news/2300916_Taylor_Swift_and_T_Pain_Collaboration

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272626574.shtml

Quintastic One

Reaction score
T-Pain was featured with the Lonely Island with their new album that just came out with one of the main songs being "I'm on a boat".

The song itself however is Taylor Swifts "Love Story" turned into a rap song called "Thug Story".

It's a multi symbiotioc situation guys. Your both right.

A) Taylor Swift wants to work with a rap star
B) T-Pain was to present an award at the CMT music awards
C) So they both worked together to make a parody of "Love Story" to promote themselves and the CMT music awards.
D) T-Pain put in "I'm on a boat" as a lyric in the song that otherwise had no place within the song, because it was a non serious song that was meant to make you laugh.
E) Therefore, not only is Taylor Swift getting rep from teaming with T-Pain for 3 minutes, but T-Pain gets access to a long range of fans now not only showing he is accessible to hip hop, but also country music and the random alternative fans of Lonely Island.

Case in point, Taylor Swift gets cred, T-Pain gets fans, Lonely Island gets exposure, CMT gets rep for being open about all these factors meshing well together. It's a fucking GENIUS marketing plan and I commend everyone involved with the making of this video.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Except the writers because it wasn't funny. :D

And those two links explained NOTHING, Blaze. They were just summaries.

All I'm saying is that whoever wrote the segment had "I'm On A Boat" in mind when they wrote it. It's obviously not a coincidence and it's very unoriginal. And Blaze, trust me, I know more abouit not liking shitty music for teenage girls than you.