Taken - Movie Poster

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
Made for a battle elsewhere - wanted something very simple and to the point - tried to capture the essence of the movie by including scenes from the movie. Thoughts???

takenmovieposter.jpg

Reaction score
Nice piece, i think this is one of the best poster concepts i have seen from you. I have two major concerns. The first, the red pictures are stretched way too much. The second is the text, i like how you made the E stand out, but i think it doesn't serve a purpose by standing out, do you know what i mean?

SnackZ

Reaction score
I feel you - the pics were stretched - I tried to find better pics but seems like they are limited - maybe I should have watched the movie in Cyberlink and taken stills, blah, damn. The red was intended - don't know why but I jsut wanted it red - I think it could have been better but my PC was all trojaned up and I had to reboot and restore and lost all brushes and fonts and everything I had built up for the last 2 years so this was a quick 15 minute job jsut so I didn't no-show a battle. I was going to make words too go right next to the E (above the N) but didn't feel like it for some reason. Thanks for the feedback.

WarMachine

Reaction score
did somebody downsize the image? because it was to large or something? because to me it looks really choppy and low quality, like it was shrunk.

Reaction score
The one thing I'm really not liking in this work Snackz is the saturation of the red. I really think it should be more saturated. The light red doesn't give the 'impact' that the movie really gives off.

Otherwise I like the design of this piece. Cool idea, and I agree the pics look a little stretched, but it doesn't ruin it for me. Nice work, apart from the red imo :D

1chiban

Reaction score
Nice design and concept with the title. Looks choppy though as WarMachine said.