Tag Teams?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

X-SPADE

Reaction score
Am I the only one who would like more tag teams and better story lines for them? I can't be. I WANT THE CLASSIC STUFF BACK!

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I totally agree. I have no idea what happened because it was only a few years ago that WWE had a boom in the tag team division. Even the wacky characters they had put on good matches with the other tag teams and it brought prestige back to the titles.

Reaction score
It's really sad to see what Tag Team wrestling has become in the WWE.

Now it's weird Odd-Couple teams as well as Mark Henry and whatever Cruiserweight isn't doing anything at the time. Breaking up Hart Foundation 2.0 was a bad move as none of them are actually getting anywhere on their own. Then you have all these factions (has The Corre broken up?) that are running rampant and still not doing anything interesting, they're just breaking up all over the place.

seX-Power

Reaction score
i'd like to see the division be made something but nobody cares about it anyway

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yes the Corre have broken up, although Gabriel and Slater are staying a team for now.

The biggest problem with the tag division is that there's absolutely no longevity to these teams. It's like whoever is behind the scenes controlling this shit sees a team with some charisma and breaks 'em up thinking it'll translate into single's wrestling charisma... and it doesn't, and you lose 2 more guys to Superstars and have them taken off TV completely.

Show & Kane's run ended WAY too early, even if they HAD to fill in someone to feud with Del Rio... it still looks like they're going to use Show less and less right now. IDK why Del Rio couldn't feud with R-Truth, or Miz (if you wanted to make Miz a babyface).

Then you have these factions, who you don't give the titles too... or you give it to them and never have them defend... or they don't hold the fucking belts for long. If a team had the belts for a 3-month run and ran through every team possible and actually have a tag-team tournament for #1 contenders or something along those lines, you'd start to build prestige back up. The E just doesn't fucking care about making a star TEAM, they just want to find their next star, period.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I wish I could remember what I was reading, maybe someone else can fill in the blanks. They were walking around Titan Towers with Shane McMahon being given the new employee tour or whatever and there were no pictures of tag teams aside from the Road Warriors. When the person (wish I could remember who) asked where the other tag teams were Shane apparently said that he hadn't cared about a tag team since the Road Warriors.

What's really needed right now is an tag team with a stand out gimmick that can turn into one of those iconic images like the Road Warriors. I thought they might have been able to do that with the Dudleyz way back when but then they took away the aesthetics that could have made them into that iconic team. And today, there isn't anybody who fits that mold I don't think.

...god...

Reaction score
The Briscoes come to mind.. but yeah, that didn't go anywhere.

X-SPADE

Reaction score
Another thing they could have done earlier before WM 27 was instead of having Randy Orton battle Nexus, have a superstar come up with their own alliance. Morrison, Christian, Masters, and Bryan could have taken on the New Nexus, besides having Morrison being part of a storyline that seems like the creators threw up overnight? Was Morrison even a big part of the storyline with Snooki?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It's really sad to see what Tag Team wrestling has become in the WWE.

Now it's weird Odd-Couple teams as well as Mark Henry and whatever Cruiserweight isn't doing anything at the time. Breaking up Hart Foundation 2.0 was a bad move as none of them are actually getting anywhere on their own. Then you have all these factions (has The Corre broken up?) that are running rampant and still not doing anything interesting, they're just breaking up all over the place.

The thing is, WWE used to make odd couple tag teams work (Rico and Charlie Haas). Back in the era where an influx of tag teams would make their mark on Velocity, and Heat, they still mangaged to bring relevance to these teams. They had actual feuds with each other (Hurricane and Rosey had some good matches with the Heart Throbs in mid 2005).

Axis

Reaction score
I wish I could remember what I was reading, maybe someone else can fill in the blanks. They were walking around Titan Towers with Shane McMahon being given the new employee tour or whatever and there were no pictures of tag teams aside from the Road Warriors. When the person (wish I could remember who) asked where the other tag teams were Shane apparently said that he hadn't cared about a tag team since the Road Warriors.
That's from the London and Kendrick shoot. That was also when they were with Gene Snitsky, and Shane hugged and palled around with him.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
If they can make GOOD tag teams, I am all for it.

I didn't like the random tag teams....as much as some people love Jericho and Big Show, I just thought it was so fucking stupid....I prefer Jericho solo. He doesn't need anyone with him and neither does Show.