Tag Team Title Unification?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Watching smackdown and.........

Miz and Morrison get a a chance to take the tag the WWE tag titles off of the Carlito/Primo next week? Does this finally mean that there will be a title unification?

Jr even said they'd be called the "undisputed tag champs" I think this would make the tag titles look so much freakin better (prestige wise) what do you guys think?

Chaingang23

Reaction score
Yea. this might make better stables b formed. and alot better matches for those titles.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
If they do that i only have one thing to say ABOUT DARN TIME none of the Rosters have enough Tag teams to make a strong Div anyways so have the titles be shopped around an defended on all 3 shows works

Airfixx

Hmmm... I initially got really excited, but thinking about it, this isn't full blown unification match, it simply allows Miz n Morrison a chance to become undisputed champs, meaning that unless there's a clean win on their behalf, the titles stay divided.

My gut feeling is that there'll be no title change next week, BUT this would be a cool way to build to a unification match at WM... Who knows... Maybe there'll be reverse of the SD matches stipulation on Raw in the coming weeks too?

These two teams could definately deliver the goods if given such a relatively big WM angle.

Moonlight Drive

The Colon's haven't beaten Miz N Morrison this whole time I don't think, I may be mistaken though. This won't culminate here though, MnM have been trouncing Carlito & Primo, and the whole Bellas angle won't end after that date. Carlito & Primo finally clock up a victory this week, and this continues to build until 'Mania.

Although, with this whole 'unpredictability' schtick they may go for a title switch, MnM beat Colons this week only to lose the World Tag Titles sometime soon.

seX-Power

I think the Colons will win this week and then fight for MoMiz's titles the following week or two away on Raw with the same stip. They can agree on a title unification match at WM which would be a real treat for the undercard, having the WWE's two best tag teams go at it. Make it even more personal by making the winners of that match get the Bella Twins as valets/girlfriends and it would be a great fued. I'd enjoy it, that's for sure.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Truth be told, I'd rather see Morrison in MITB than a tag team match at WrestleMania, and I doubt he'd be booked for 2 matches. Don't steal a great treat from MITB by booking a tag-title unification match with Carlito & Primo, unless they REALLY go the fuck off in that match. I don't want to watch the same tag match for the next month. Have 'em lose on SmackDown, have 'em interfere in matches and a couple promo fights, and then take it into WM for it to be a real standout. Has to have an epic storyline right now. I do want to see the belts unified and defended on all three shows though. Just don't want to see a sacrifice in MITB if it's not going to be something completely fresh at WM.

Airfixx

Kick-ass tag match that actually MEANS something for a change > A few extra spots in MITB... (When it comes to 'Mania)

Let's face it, Morrison isn't about to win it.

xtremebadass

I can see this

1. Primo and Carlito retain the WWE Tag Titles against the Miz and John Morrison

Then...

2. Miz and Morrison take on Primo and Carlito over the Bella Twins as Managers

Then...

3. Miz and Morrison retain against Primo and Carlito

Then...

4. Miz and Morrison vs. Primo and Carlito for the Undisputed Tag titles and the Bella Twins.

chessarmy

I don't think they'll unify the belts. As much as I'd like to see it, WWE has no plans to get rid of the brand extension and with unified tag titles I don't see how they WON'T be forced to do so.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

So Miz and Morrison just lost their qualification match.

Hopefully we can get a televised tag title unification match somewhere on WrestleMania XXV's card.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Since Miz and Morrison show up wherever anyway, why not have them defend the titles on different shows, like when champions used to tour different territories and defend their titles.

straight_edge76

I unification match at Mania would be awesome, I think that the two teams could put on a quality match, this could be the first real tag team feud since Rated RKO and John Cena/HBK. Which in reality was a main event feud with the Tag Team titles just thrown in to add to the story, I never liked Main Eventers with tag team titles.

Jay Swagger

Reaction score
I could see Miz/Morrison defeating Primo n Carlito after Miz/Morrison defend their Title this time, therefore they will have a rubber match, all titles on the line, winner takes all, including the Bella Twins. At 'Mania 25, whoever wins gets the undisputed Tag Title and the Bella Twins. It can bring some kind of excitement to the Tag Title, especially for Mania, which hasn't happened since Carlito/Masters vs. Show/Kane back at 22 i think it was. I'm just sayin...