Tag Team Championship Situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dre

Reaction score
So at Night of Champions, DiBiase's partner was Cody Rhodes. A lot of people here were expecting it, and it happend. Cody turned on Holly, and the new tag champs are DiBiase Jr. and Rhodes.

Were you happy with this? Do you see the two lasting a while? Any other thoughts?

I personally thought this was a great move, and although it was predicted by some people, it was very nicely booked and was something of a surprise at least in my eyes. People commented as soon as he debuted that Cody was more of a natural heel, due to his walk, the way he presents himself etc. He was boring as a face but this will really breathe new life into his character. I like the idea of these two young guys with famous names teaming up, and I think an old school vs. new school feud would be a great one to see.

The question is, who would partner Holly?

darren1455

Reaction score
Were you happy with this? Do you see the two lasting a while? Any other thoughts?

Yeah. it made me actually happy to see them as the new Tag Champs. No more boring Tag Team Championship matches. and i could see them keeping it until Cyber Sunday or perhaps until Survivor Series

The question is, who would partner Holly?

Maybe it's a another veteran. Hmm... i couldn't think off another veteran who is a midcarder (not even a midcarder i think. more like a jobber) other than Val Venis. idk. maybe they would do a storyline with Dusty coming back and trying to persuade his son to "see the light". idk. but i hope they just forget about Holly and bring in the feud that i would really like to see. Cryme Tyme and Rhodes and DiBiase.

Christian

Reaction score
I am VERY happy with this. I hope DiBiase (a new fav) and Cody (ok we'll see whats up with him) like, bloody Holly during his next match to take him off RAW for a while.. We'll see.

Peep Show

Reaction score
i could care less what happened, but cody rhodes and hardcore holly as a team sucked bad and were boring as hell

hopefully these 2 bring us entertainment and good matches as champs, and i agree with darren1455, cryme tyme would be a good contender

Ballin

Reaction score
Great move! This duo is alot alike. I like how Rhodes turned his back on Bob Holly, got a gimmick, and a better match. I was happy with their promo tonite too. Rhodes is definetly better off with this gimmick.

seX-Power

I hope "team priceless" (or whatever) get a good run with the belts and after a long run, send them to the mid/ upper mid card

They could eventually end up in Jericho's possible stable as the young guys.

For now, they should feud with first Hardcore Holly and... I dunno, Tommy Dreamer. They could team them together in like a hardcore/extreme gimmick and when that's done, send the two to ECW.

I really want to see a feud between Cody+Ted and Cryme Tyme. Somehow incorporate stealing money and proving they have a price. When was the last time a tag team feud meant something and was based on something... oh well, it would be fun filler I guess.

All I know is that I'm happy with the way the WWE is going, as well as the tag divisions on both brands

Reaction score
i dont think Cody Rhodes could be a good Heel. he acts too nice to be a heel. i think he has good potential as a face but not as a heel. he has the quality of a face. but as a heel he would probably be like "i just screwed you but i'm sorry."

Airfixx

LOL at everyone 'miraculously' having the idea of them fueding with Cryme Tyme..... Who the fuck else is there? ...Raw only has 3 teams (The other being the Highlanders)!

Ok.... So Ted/Cody give CT the run-around for a bit and at best eventually win the belts... Then what? They in turn fued with H'landers and then back to Ted/Cody?

Great! : P

It's a joke! ...They should have unified the tag belts during the draft (Not like ECW needs any - They've got too many titles for a 1hr show that rarely gets PPV time)... I fear this sweet 'Team Priceless' angle will go to waste (At least in terms of injecting abit of life and competition into Raw's tag div.).

tnafan454

Reaction score
unless cody gets a new finisher this team will never last look at the total lack of intrest from the crowd in the promo they did cody will need a huge push if they want this to work.

i would love to see a fathers versus sons match dusty and ted versus cody and ted make the sons win with some after match attacks or some backstage assults to give them the heel push