Sweet Home (Netflix)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

Country of Origin: South Korea
Genre(s): Horror, Drama
Seasons: 1
Episodes : 10
Release Date: December 18th, 2020

Although the trailer is in Korean, the show is dubbed in English, so you don't have to worry about looking at the bottom of the screen and missing any action.

I randomly decided to watch this show yesterday and ended up binging it. Each episode is around the 45-50 minute mark. Think Resident Evil meets The Last of Us. Residents of an apartment building are forced to barricade themselves inside when people start to turn in to various types of monsters and kill any human they see. Sign of infection includes a gushing nosebleed, in which people are to quarantine themselves with the hope they can survive the 15 day period without turning in to a bloodthirsty monster. There is a small store in the building, but, food and water start to run low and they'll have to eventually venture out in to the world of monsters to get more. There are also 'good' monsters, but, can humans and monsters in general co-exist?

While most of the residents stay together in the main lobby of the building, there are other residents roaming about the upper floors who have been infected and have turned in to monsters. A few of the characters set out to look for survivors in the units, while evading the monsters who roam the halls.

This show has plenty of blood in it, some scary monsters (like the one in the trailer still, he was the creepiest for me), some intense moments that will have you at the edge of your seat, waiting in anticipation to see what happens, a lot of characters, with many of them strong female representations, some funny moments to break up the horror, and just a great story overall to keep you hooked with some unexpected moments as well.

The only downfall for me was the quality of the monsters. They basically look like video game monsters inserted in the real world, and, most of them just look far less scary because of it. I just wish they did a better job of making the monsters look more realistic (the bat fella is the only one who was scary to me, no matter what, and didn't really look as video game-ish as others).

I took a chance on this show just because it was a horror and I love horrors, I am really glad I did and I hope they get renewed for a season 2.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I have this Show on my Watchlist it's that I'm finishing up other Shows. I heard extremely great things with this so seeing you talk about it makes me want to bypass the other Shows and just watch this. I don't mind watching Asian Show or Films coming from the background of watching Anime and Tokasatsu Shows that I have to read Subtitles all day long I love it personally. I did hear theirs a really strong female Characters in this I love such things.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve watched a lot of anime, many in Japanese, so, I don’t mind the subtitle stuff myself, though, I have found I’ve missed a thing or two on screen lol but this series is awesome, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Hope they get renewed, ending was a cliffhanger.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

This Show's first Season had me tears with my Favorite Character in this and I imagine this Team further making me go through a Box of Tissues in Season 2 and 3.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I should actually watch this whilst I'm subbed to Netflix, especially with how much I've enjoyed all the Korean shows I've watched on there.

Thanks for the bump, Hoho!

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I should actually watch this whilst I'm subbed to Netflix, especially with how much I've enjoyed all the Korean shows I've watched on there.

Thanks for the bump, Hoho!

No problem. Netflix for sure always does great Asian Cinema more often than not whether Horror or Drama. Heard great things about a Show called Twenty Five-Twenty One in the Romantic/Drama/Coming of Age that I plan on seeing this Weekend hopefully.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Holy shit, this show rules so far. So many great characters too, and the acting is tight. It reminds me of Squid Game in the sense that all the characters have great development that they could easily be the lead character/story. Another show I waited far too long to give a proper chance. I've noticed a lot of the Korean shows I've watched do a really good job with character development especially. I do think I get more invested too with how intently I have to be reading the subtitles to understand what they're saying.

Reactions: Apoho Creed