Swagger/MVP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DENNIN

Reaction score
I thought this promo basically solidified MVP as a face. Swagger got some real nice heal heat also. We can get some real good matches out of these two. It should hopefully end with big pushes for the each of them.

noumenon

I thought this promo basically solidified MVP as a face. Swagger got some real nice heal heat also. We can get some real good matches out of these two. It should hopefully end with big pushes for the each of them.

People have been saying that for every feud MVP has had for the past year and a half. I don't think this one will end much different than the rest...with another possible US title reign.

btman

Reaction score
Just because a move is commonly used, it doesn't make it any less effective or credible.

JBL had a clothesline as a finisher for his entire MEvent career, FFS!!!

Dreamer uses a DDT...

How about the, ahem, 'evolved' version of the Walls Of Jericho... Or dare I give it it's real name, a BOSTON CRAB.

I'm sorry, but aside from a move maybe looking a bit too flamboyant for a certain type of heel, generally the only gripe one should have with a move is if it doesn't look painful.

If you're having a fight, are you gonna be able to stay on your feet simply because someone's hit you with a similar looking punch in the past? LOL

That wasn't the point. I even proved you right by showing how many guys have used the spear and it hasn't made it any less effective.

The point is:
The move is not effective or credible or painful (have tested heh :)) in the first place. I'm just pointing out its a FCW and lower tier wrestling "quality" move. And so I state.. No one ESPECIALLY a WWE wrestler who's wrestled for this long of a time and people expect him to "jump" to the 'main event' scene should be using the Overdrive.

BTW- JBL made that clothesline look good in the APA. Then he got fat.
Dreamer - The DDT is more or less part of his gimick, he's even stated he's a 'regular guy' and any regular guy can do a DDT to someone. Plus its fun in hardcore matches.
Jericho- Yeah he also hasn't made anyone tap besides the shitty legends with his evolved walls of jericho. I barely consider it his finisher anymore.

seX-Power

The move is not effective or credible or painful (have tested heh :)) in the first place. I'm just pointing out its a FCW and lower tier wrestling "quality" move. And so I state.. No one ESPECIALLY a WWE wrestler who's wrestled for this long of a time and people expect him to "jump" to the 'main event' scene should be using the Overdrive.

Well it LOOKS effective, credible and painful so that's what matters. It's not like the fans go "Pffft, Overdrive, like that's gonna hurt... we ain't rooting for this guy anymore". Fact is, it's a unique move with the illusion of pain, so it's fine.

BTW, if FCW moves are lower-tier then why does a guy there use a 450 splash?

btman

Reaction score
Well it LOOKS effective, credible and painful so that's what matters. It's not like the fans go "Pffft, Overdrive, like that's gonna hurt... we ain't rooting for this guy anymore". Fact is, it's a unique move with the illusion of pain, so it's fine.

BTW, if FCW moves are lower-tier then why does a guy there use a 450 splash?

To the blind? When my gf came over and we watched smackdown she asked me after MvP gets the 3 count with the Playmaker "Oh is that his finisher?" I go "yup" she goes "well thats lame". Needless to say I was proud of her lol.

He uses it because it's not the overdrive :)

Airfixx

You don't like the move; we get that, but all that FCW talk and your justification of other guys using 'unremarkable' finishers is just cobblers.

MizMasta3000

I loved the "MVP's VIP Lounge" segment on RAW, not only did it finally solidify MVP as a real babyface (his promo was great) but it really did a good job of building Swagger up as a coward who just won't fight anyone. They have me looking forward to seeing Swagger finally wrestle MVP one on one and it looks like thats what they're going to build up to. Swagger needs a good feud to help the fans get familiar with him a little bit more because lets be honest, not even 50% of the RAW fans watch ECW so lots of people probably don't know who Swagger is. If this feud with MVP works out, Swagger can be established as one of the top mid-card heels on the brand and start his rise to the main event scene.

Do you think Jack Swagger will benefit from a feud with MVP? And, I know this is random but, don't you think Swagger sucks on the mic? He really needs a manager...

I liked the promo but I will take Swagger over MVP anyday. Swagger is WWE trying to prove us wrong when we say new guys dont get pushed at all until about a year or so if they survive. With Swagger's win over MVP could this build or is it dead?

And its the fact new wrestlers have used it before they found a real finisher and I've read before rookie wrestlers commonly use it as a finisher too before they become original. Example Carlito. Difference is Carlito got the backstabber while MvP has actually given the move a name and has used it for over a year.

Even Randy Orton used it in his early days