Swagger/MVP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I loved the "MVP's VIP Lounge" segment on RAW, not only did it finally solidify MVP as a real babyface (his promo was great) but it really did a good job of building Swagger up as a coward who just won't fight anyone. They have me looking forward to seeing Swagger finally wrestle MVP one on one and it looks like thats what they're going to build up to. Swagger needs a good feud to help the fans get familiar with him a little bit more because lets be honest, not even 50% of the RAW fans watch ECW so lots of people probably don't know who Swagger is. If this feud with MVP works out, Swagger can be established as one of the top mid-card heels on the brand and start his rise to the main event scene.

Do you think Jack Swagger will benefit from a feud with MVP? And, I know this is random but, don't you think Swagger sucks on the mic? He really needs a manager...

seX-Power

This feud could be great and if they have a match at Summerslam I mark hard. MVP is gold on the mic and Swagger is good enough to hold his own. This could be great for both men and their charachters.

davidian13

Reaction score
Yeah that VIP segment on RAW made both Swagger and MVP look like a million bucks. Swagger came off as the smug pretentious heel he is and MVP's promo playing up his past finally gave the fans a real reason to get behind him as opposed to just coming out and saying "Ballin" every single week. I hope they prolong this feud a bit with more promo work. That'll make this feud actually mean something. These guys seem to mesh well, that being said hopefully both of these guys will raise their stock and take off at the same time without burying the other

btman

Reaction score
Eh the promo was ok. I hate the whole hoodlum vs American crap... They're just doing R-Truth street life vs Shelton Benjamin college life on Raw. It's pretty lame. I was a bit of a fan of Swagger on ECW so I hope he gets another main event shot soon because his match with John Cena was pretty good but I agree Raw fans need to know that Swagger is gold and I can't wait till he gets the US Belt to show how he is a true "All American American"

As for MVP get a fucking finisher, a couple new moves, I wouldn't mind a new theme.... And then get 2 new finishers to make up for all the time I had to see the overdrive... It PAINS ME to watch how horrible it is.

Airfixx

^^^You mean get ANOTHER finisher besides 'The PlayMaker' & the 'Drive-By Kick'?

As for The Overdrive... WDF is that?

seX-Power

Overdrive = Playmaker

He also has the Playa's Boot and the Ballin' Elbow. Granted, the latter is a signature move but still...

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I think that was MVP's best with him as a face. His face run (im0) has sucked, but this gets me interested in him more. These two in a program could bring out the best in each other as shown in the V.I.P. Lounge.

Ballin

Reaction score
The promo overall kinda sucked but I think it's going to be a good fued. Swagger definetly got heat with the juvenile comments.

I did think Swagger sucked on the mic and he could definetly benefit from a maneger.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I think a Swagger and MVP fued would be great. Yes, Swagger does suck on the mic and he does need a manager.

btman

Reaction score

I mean believable finisher too. Do you really think MVP deserves main event status anytime soon without one? Because if he ever takes down Triple H or Cena or Orton with a "Drive by kick" or god forbid "The Playmaker" (I like the name, hate the move) then I will yell.

And like seX-Power said the Overdrive is the real name for the move. If you played WWE's video games it is given to wrestlers who don't really have anything as a finisher, or as a default finisher in create a wrestler. Which puts it in the same category being as lame as a reverse neckbreaker, or a diving cross body or even a side suplex as finishers.

Airfixx

^^^^LOL..... With all due respect, I shant be letting computer games cloud my perception of what I see in the ring.

seX-Power

I mean believable finisher too. Do you really think MVP deserves main event status anytime soon without one? Because if he ever takes down Triple H or Cena or Orton with a "Drive by kick" or god forbid "The Playmaker" (I like the name, hate the move) then I will yell.

Edge is Main Eventing and he uses a freakin' Spear. You know, the move that if performed by anyone else doesn't even have the crowd anticipating a fall.

Reaction score
LARRY SWEENEY for Swaggers Agent! (Manager) Unlike TNA WWE is going to let two young guys feud and get over the right way!

btman

Reaction score
^^^^LOL..... With all due respect, I shant be letting computer games cloud my perception of what I see in the ring.

And its the fact new wrestlers have used it before they found a real finisher and I've read before rookie wrestlers commonly use it as a finisher too before they become original. Example Carlito. Difference is Carlito got the backstabber while MvP has actually given the move a name and has used it for over a year.

Edge is Main Eventing and he uses a freakin' Spear. You know, the move that if performed by anyone else doesn't even have the crowd anticipating a fall.

The spear still looks a hell of a lot more painful than the Overdrive. The crowd doesn't anticipate falls currently with other wrestlers besides Edge, but at least they have before with Goldberg, Bobby Lashley, Batista and more using it as a finisher.

Airfixx

Just because a move is commonly used, it doesn't make it any less effective or credible.

JBL had a clothesline as a finisher for his entire MEvent career, FFS!!!

Dreamer uses a DDT...

How about the, ahem, 'evolved' version of the Walls Of Jericho... Or dare I give it it's real name, a BOSTON CRAB.

I'm sorry, but aside from a move maybe looking a bit too flamboyant for a certain type of heel, generally the only gripe one should have with a move is if it doesn't look painful.

If you're having a fight, are you gonna be able to stay on your feet simply because someone's hit you with a similar looking punch in the past? LOL