SWA: The Next Generation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
REVIEW FOR ANDREW​

Well, first of all, before I actually start the review, I must say that I absolutely LOVE the Borash character. Don't care what others say, keep him or I will not be happy at all.

MATCHES: As you said on MSN, they are all fast paced wrestlers but the fact of the matter is that I wanted to see people sell the moves that they actually recieved. It would have been just so much more entertaining for me. That makes me spectacle that you have not changed your writing style at all, but I still liked them, even if I did get lost a couple of times. The one thing that I really enjoyed, was the opening sequence from Sabin and Shelley. I would loved to have had it go longer. Other then that, usual Andrew matches, and I did enjoy them. Some of the people that write these days try way to hard to pad their matches out (I am guilty of it), but you go straight to the point, so I can enjoy them.

PROMOS: You know that promo length has not always been your strong suit in my eyes, but I feel that you hit the name on the head from the Punk, Edge/Christian and Striker/Walker promos but the thing that really had me peeved was the thing that JBL said not one thing. You wanted to get him and yourself over as Heels and in my opinion, it would just be perfect to fit in with the matter. You are fantastic with JBL as a promoist but then again, you are fantastic with the Heels that you run with. Other then that, your promos have always set the scene for next week and I am really excited to see what you pull out of your ass next week.

BOOKING: I love your booking and I liked that you put Sabin over Shelley, as I feel he has always been the stronger one when it came to SWA, so it just shows that you are pushing him further as the champion once again. The fact that you have put Joe and Nigel against each other and have Joe come out the loser shows that you are high on Nigel and I hope that he comes in strong through the Chamber, as I really do like McGuinness. Then you have the Main Event, I am not sure what you are going to do with Punk now that he is out of the Chamber, as I really wanted to see him in there.

OVERALL: It was a good show but there is always room for improvement, I have been rreading, but well, I am too lazy to review (as you know) because now, I am intrigued. The set up with JBL and I am pretty sure this is the first time that Walker has been heel. Good Luck Andrew.​

The Leviathan

Reaction score
My Review

Samoa Joe vs. Nigel McGuiness - an intense match for the start with nice descriptions on everything, an usual style of writing for you. Samoa Joe is almost dominant in this match and I know you loved the guy but I was really surprised seeing Nigel reverses the scene and gets the win.

Edge and Christian Promo - Seeing a Rated R face made this promo interesting. WWE is doing it right now (I think) but we haven't seen much about it so I am really digging this one. I have a feeling this will lead to the two feuding.

Sabin vs. Shelley - One of your great matches to write, a X- Division match. Nice fast pace match, the two having a huge amount of offenses with the ending seeing Chris Sabin continues to dominate the X Division.

Andrew Walker Interview - With so much anticipation to HBK, I think he won't be the new GM but it made me think that someday he could get involved with the New GM.

A little CM Punk promo: A nice heel CM Punk promo that I always liked.

CM Punk vs. AJ Styles - the two have the chemistry. The match flowed nicely with some attitude from Punk. Really great match, lots of encounters and this is truly an exciting main event.

Overall: Glad to see this company back with now a little amount of rosters (Wow). There's not much of excitement to be honest but it still made me interested with the upcoming storylines. Looks like JBL is back in SWA just right after he betrayed it :shifty: Good Luck with this.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Here's my massive ass review. You'll find it may be a little different to the other reviews you've gotten, especially with all round opinions on the show.

Anarcheh Review

Shit, Borash is still here :(. GET RID OF HIM. Hehe. Ye, Gards, I saw what you said. Shut up, no one cares what you say. Get rid of him :y:.

It's shaping up to be a huge show, with 2 Elimination Chamber Qualifiers as well as the General Manager announcement. Edge to make an appearance this show though please, I was heartbroken last week (U). Hart for GM please :D.

Joe vs. McGuiness is a huge match to start off the show and a good decision IMO, as with the other EC Qualifier most likely going to be the main event, you need to break up the action and have one at either end of the show. No complaints here. Owait, not a collar and elbow tie up~! Yay :p. CHOP NO SELL~! Ownt. As I mentioned last week, you seem to have the heel get a very small advantage at the start of the match followed by a face comeback, before the heel dominates the match before a face revival at the end. Hopefully it doesn't happen here, mix it up a little like I said. Anywho, back onto the match, Joe gets the advantage after a heel advantage in the early going. Surprised? Hardly. >_> Joe hitting the Suicide Dive was a nice spot, but once again, you seem to have a dive to the outside in every match, and at the end of the first paragraph :p. Again, mix it up a little. Amazing early action? Exaggeration imo, it's been good but not AMAIZIN~! >.< Also, as mentioned last week, you write short sentences which takes away from the match, where a comma would suffice, prime example being;

Nigel connects with an elbow to the gut of Joe. Nigel follows that up with a European uppercut.

The Snap Power Slam to get back into the match is something I like simply cause it's Joe and he's rather kewl, although if the pin was straight after, a 2 count is a better option. Those are the three problems with your writing imo, it may sound harsh yet I'm trying to help; match structure, sentence structure, and selling of moves. Hopefully that's just a bit of rust though. Nowadays, an STO isn't too commonly used, so it's regarded as somewhat of high impact, so once again, don't have it as an early two count, midway between 2 and 3 is a better option. The handstand into double kick to the chest spot was another thing which I'm a fan of as you didn't resort to the usual tactics of a thumb to the eye {owait, you already did that >_>} or a low blow. However, if you are to have McGuinness go over, he'll need to get the majority of offence in, as he's looked somewhat weak in this match after being drained of all momentum several times by Joe. Rings of Saturn~! However, if Joe was in an immense amount of pain and was trapped in the middle of the ring, why would McGuinness let go? It makes sense to have him keep going, as Joe would have quit sooner or later, as it seemed like he was in the hold for no more than 10-15 seconds. Working over the arm of Joe is the logical option since he was in the Rings of Saturn, but driving a knee into the arm gets a long two count. Once again, you either undersell or oversell moves. I don't give a shit if they aren't words; they are now ;D. However, what you've done is make McGuinness look like a credible contender to actually take out this match, so kudos to you for that. Now, I don't know too much about McGuinness and his moveset, but since the move HAS A NAME~, it sounds like it's a signature move of his :shifty:, so having Joe kick out after a long two count was a good decision. Yayserz. Once again, the heel dominates, and the face comes back at the end. Work. On. This. End of the match, and McGuinness hits the Jawbreaker Lariat, however for people like me, I wouldn't know what you meant by the move after you explained it. Thank God for Youtube :eek:. Anyway, good match, but work on the points I said. Also, I'm surprised that you had McGuinness walk out with the victory, and I'm interested to see what happens with Joe for the PPV, since he's too big of a star to miss it. I still think he will find his way in the Chamber somehow. Joe got buried in this match as well IMO, as you had prettymuch only strikes instead of actual power moves, which is a major disappointment TBH.

YAY~! EDGE AND CHRISTIAN~! Woot. Anyway, nice tension here from the coughbrotherscough, yet with both being heels, I wouldn't mind seeing them team up in the near future. However, after this segment, it doesn't seem that you're going along that path even if you have them occasionally teaming up, as it creates tension between the two and will make it harder for you to team them up in the future. Also, you make your backstage segments way too short. Actually, you make pretty much everything that isn't a match extremely short. Lengthen and improve the quality of your promos, watch videos on Youtube, spice them up a little. You can't enhance every feud through only matches.

Collar elbow tie up? Jeez, again >_>. Most of your matches start off with this, MIX IT UP~! I've said it enough times TBH, hopefully it won't happen again in future. Nice exchange of cruiserweight moves here in the early going as it brings the epicness of the X Division, but, once again, the short sentences take away from the flow of the match, and, alas, it tkes away the enjoyment factor of it. You barely use commas, I can only see one comma in the entire opening paragraph. To be honest, your grammar needs work. Ye, I'm sounding picky and harsh, but in the end, I'm just trying to help. Also, it is hits, not hit's, as you have commonly done throughout the opening stages of the second paragraph. Another thing >_>, you have Pulls and Drops randomly with capital letters. Wassupwitdat? However, the action has been good, although as I've said in the past, you need to sell moves more, as for the entire opening, you've had the two getting up straight away after every move. It's understandable with it being the opening of the match and all, but after a move such as a Missile Dropkick, you had a one count. Again, think about it. Not many people nowadays kick out at one, especially not after a Missile Dropkick. Why would a standard Dropkick get the same count as a Missile Dropkick as well? Another one, a running Bulldog and a Springboard Moonsault. That almost finishes off the match for someone as epic as Chris Motherfunkin' Jericho, so why would it get a one count? Your matches need to tell stories, it just seems to be a bunch of moves strung together. Um, wouldn't a referee shove lead to a DQ victory for Shelley? I'm finding that it's Shelley and Sabin, but I'm getting bored reading this TBH, it's just getting repetitive. All of your X Division matches have the same cruiserweight opening followed by the springboard spots, and all of your matches have the same structure. Atomic Drop on the top turnbuckle? K. Also, you've once again used a Rings of Saturn variation after doing so in the first match. Once again, Sabin barely sold the Rings of Saturn and the Scoop Slam, getting up pretty much five seconds after it to crotch Shelley on the top rope. You've been booking for I don't know how long, but you should know now not to make your matches repetitive like you have been. Hopefully they're just signs of rust, but I honestly don't know if it is or not, having not read some of your earlier work. Shelley basically no sold the Hesitation Dropkick after kicking Sabin in the face- once again- five seconds after Sabin hit it. Why does Grabs have a capital letter? Once again, silly mistake; these could easily be fixed if your proof read your work after the show, which after reading through this match which has had a fair few grammatical errors, I don't think you do. Shelley then lifts up Sabin and hits him with a Shell Shock, which should have been executed much better IMO instead of having him lift Sabin up and hit it. Sabin kicking out of the Shell Shock? All that does it bury one of the finishing moves of Shelley, especially by having Sabin kick out. With him being a heel, the best option would be for him to get a foot on the bottom rope instead of kicking out. Shelley then goes for the Sliced Bread, but Sabin barely sold the effects of the Shell Shock after being lifted up by Shelley, if he was allowed to recover and got up by himself then it would be understandable. If Shelley back flipped off the top rope, surely he would have enough energy to fight out of the Fireman's Carry position? All this did was bury Shelley even more, and he had the majority of the advantage throughout the match. Bit of a disappointment this match was TBH.

MAKE BORASH FUCK OFF~! Ownt.

Once again, your backstage segment was simply too short. Hopefully the segment where Walker announces the GM for Anarchy is much longer than your previous segments, but I don't think it will be too much longer TBH. Another disappointment, considering the previous match wasn't of the highest quality either. The fact that you have Striker as a backstage interviewer and Borash as heel announcer shits me as well >_>. Put Striker to the announce table, keep Borash there if you want, and hire Matthews and Adamle as backstage interviewers TBH. However, with Michaels constantly being mentioned, it's not going to be him. No idea who it will be though.

-Returns to Program-

Joey Styles: “Welcome back ladies and gentlemen and some very interesting words from the owner Andrew Walker about the new General Manager.”

Jeremy Borash: “I am starting to think it is Shawn Michaels since the decisions being made are obviously being made by someone who isn’t completely there in the head.”

Joey Styles: “Well I think whoever it is doing a very good job since we are obviously enjoying the amazing match making skills and our next match is no exception! The Phenomenal One AJ Styles faces off against The Straight Edge Superstar CM Punk! It’s coming at you live and next!”

-Commercial Break-

Uhm wut?

The Punk promo was, not very surprisingly, short, again. Although it was right before the match, it still could have been longer, especially since the size of his promos nowadays go pretty much all the way until the commercial. No straight edge era mention? Meh. It seems as though promos aren't your strong point and they have been lacklustre tonight, and your matches have been as well TBH.

In all honesty, I can't be stuffed reading this match. The other matches have dragged, the promos have dragged, the show as a whole has dragged. Two of my favourites are in this match, yet I can't bring myself to reading the match. So, I actually read the closing promo, and I'm gonna come back to this match. :eek:

So Walker comes out, that was obvious. The normal run down of the considered candidates was ovious as well, and at least the promo is longer than the previous, but still, its very short for a promo as big as this one. So with Hart, Austin and Michaels mentioned, it's going to be any of those three, and it's JBL? Not a bad choice in my mind, but Walker said he'd stop his rambling, and JBL doesn't even speak? WTF? For lack of a better word, stupid decision. Very stupid TBH.

Anyway, onto the main event, and already, just looking at the size, I can't be stuffed reading it, still. You need to have promos to break up the action at least, and the show has just been a major drag. Collar and elbow tie up. Quick exchange of moves at the beginning. Surprised much? Not very. Gets repetitive and really boring TBH. In the previous match, you had kickouts after a one count following a Missile Dropkick and a Springboard Moonsault on two seperate occasions, yet you have a long two count after a schoolboy rollup after what? 1 and a half minutes? You then have Styles take the advantage which is something that I don't mind, yet you have him go for a high impact move in the early going, that being the Tornado DDT. If Punk swung with him, then Styles would have landed on the ring, or you could have just said Punk attempted to dump Styles over the top rope but Styles landed on his feet, which I think is what you were getting at. The Spinning Neckbreaker was one of the rare highlights in the show TBH, especially in the latter stages of the show, I enjoyed the spot. Again, you really need to sell your moves correctly, as yes, Styles would have suffered some damage after the Neckbreaker, but a Seated Dropkick gets a long two count? Really? Again, I can compare it to the Missile Dropkick earlier on in the show which got a 1 count. I was expecting the reversal from Styles of the Suplex into a Snap Neckbreaker, so at least you weren't predictable in that instance. The desperation German Suplex was a good way to gain Styles some momentum, but, once again, Punk almost immediately began crawling to the ropes after the German Suplex. Once again, another mistake IMO, as when Styles went for the Clothesline, he seemed as though he was simply standing there and went for a sloppy Clothesline, since he just stopped in his tracks and then went for the Pele.

picking him up and putting Style’s head in-between his legs

EW~!

It's called a Welcome to Chicago Motherfucker BTW. Just makes it sounds more epic. Well, at least you had a two count after a signature move of Punk's, that's an improvement. After hitting the Superplex and eventually getting up, wouldn't Styles go for the pin instead of posing to the crowd? It just makes sense, especially with the stakes of the match. The Styles Clash reversal into the Back Body Drop into the Sunset Flip Cover was a nice spot although it's been done before many times, but why would Styles stay on one knee if it's prime position for the Shining Wizard. With Punk dominating the majority of the contest, it seems as though you're going to have him win the match, or else it will be burying him since he dominates, only to lose in the end, so it's a loss-loss for you TBH, because if you have Styles win, Punk gets drained of momentum after domination, but if Punk does win, it leads to two Chamber qualifiers from the same show being heels, and every single winner on the show being a heel. Another bad decision, as you had Styles rage out of nowhere, but after hitting the Superplex earlier, he was still hurt, so wouldn't he still be feeling the effects of the match instead of being able to blast out of nowhere? I was expecting a reversal for the Springboard Reverse DDT, as while I love the move, it's used as a desperation/shock move on the rebound, instead of after a few chops and elbows. In every match, you just have Superstars hitting moves, and it doesn't even seem as though the opponent even tries to fight out of it. ANOTHER thing- I've used that word about 30 times in this show- if Punk got up, wouldn't he still be groggy instead of instantly being able to charge at Styles and crotch him on the top rope? I was expecting either a Pepsi Plunge or a Super Styles Clash here, and I wasn't wrong. Uhm, you said Punk was back dropped off the top rope, but then you said Styles hit the Styles Clash from the top rope? One, a back body drop sounds a little weak to bring the match to an end, and two, I gather that you mean the Spiral Tap. Anyway, Styles wins the match, but I feel as though Punk got buried here. As I mentioned before, it was a loss-loss situation towards the end of the match after you had Punk dominate. Not too bad a match, but there were still a pretty large amount of flaws. The match wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be TBH.

Overall, Andrew, this show was lacklustre, sub standard, whatever you want to call it. Last week, there was a little bit of lenience due to you being a little rusty, but this show was, if anything, a little worse in comparison to your opening show. Matches had pretty much no flow, promos were short, had little characterisation, and the show simply as a whole wasn't too exciting. I said all of the things related to match improvement in the review of the first match, and TBH, I read the other reviews, and while I know that they may have different opinions, it sounds as though to me that they simply saw the size of the match, couldn't be bothered reading and since it was big, they decided to say it was good. Decision making was off also as you had Shelley dominate the majority of the match, before he was hit relatively out of nowhere with a Cradle Shock, and didn't even seem to be fighting out of it. Another wrong decision in my book was that Christian had a 1 minute appearance, after having a huge win last week in the main event, and was even hyped up in the preview. By the end of the show, I couldn't really be bothered reading tbh. The show was a disappointment as a whole, but hopefully quality improves. I want to help, not meant to be flaming in any way, so don't take it the wrong way.