Survivor Series Buys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
In the latest update on WWE's Corporate website of their Key Performance Indicators, the preliminary buyrate for the 2013 Survivor Series PPV has been released as being at 179,000 buys. This number is down from the 2012 show that drew 208,000 buys.

The estimated breakdown of the buys is said to be 95,000 domestic buys and 84,000 international buys according to a report by Dave Meltzer. WWE has yet to confirm this estimated breakdown of the buys for Survivor Series as of this writing.

Source: WWE Corporate, The Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online

Wow. Pretty terrible. Bryan wasn't main eventing though so..shouldn't it have been higher? Oh wait, was Punk main eventing? No? Oh..well I guess Orton and Big Show just don't sell. 2012 did a lot more sells and...oh my god, CM Punk was main eventing!? But he's not supposed to sell.

Even though I know people are still going to find a way to pin this on Bryan/Punk.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's post like this that make me almost covert to the SAIYANS side.

Reactions: PHX and The Cork

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
It's post like this that make me almost covert to the SAIYANS side.

They use ratings and buys all the time to bash our guys but we can't do the same? This is just proof that the ratings shouldn't chose who should be in main event spots. Sometimes people just don't want to buy a PPV. For being one the Big Four, these are terrible buys.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They use ratings and buys all the time to bash our guys but we can't do the same? This is just proof that the ratings shouldn't chose who should be in main event spots. Sometimes people just don't want to buy a PPV. For being one the Big Four, these are terrible buys.

But Survivor Series has been getting terrible buys for years, Rock barely even brought them up any. This isn't the PPV to make any sort of argument on.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
But Survivor Series has been getting terrible buys for years, Rock barely even brought them up any. This isn't the PPV to make any sort of argument on.

Neither was Battleground, which they used. You can't expect a non pushed, first time PPV to do good buys despite whoever is main eventing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The main argument I've seen SAIYANS make lately on PPV buyrates and vanillas was SummerSlam. Don't think anyone gives a fuck about Battleground.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, stupid OP.

Nobody bought Survivor Series because nobody watches wrestling anymore, because of Punk and Bryan.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I always find the I'm gonna use buyrates and ratings to validate why I like or don't like certain guys silly so in a way I get why you felt the need to make the post Tapout. That said this was pretty silly and is why people if anything will feel the need to diss Punk and Bryan if for nothing else in spite of post like this hence Cork's last post.

Reactions: Dale

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
At least get the ppv right ... SummerSlam. The second biggest ppv as where "attractions wasnt bought"like the year before

I even posted in the network thread they need to go ahead and make Survivor Series a network ppv as the chamber or mitb are closer to big 4, not sure if it was Chris or Coulson without going back but they pointed out it probably wouldn't be good to class the first 3 ppvs of the year as big 4 so it may as well be mitb. They threw Rey out there at the last minute for a reason, it somehow became a B show from them not caring, completely unimportant like King of the Ring now

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
At least get the ppv right ... SummerSlam. The second biggest ppv as where "attractions wasnt bought"like the year before

I even posted in the network thread they need to go ahead and make Survivor Series a network ppv as the chamber or mitb are closer to big 4, not sure if it was Chris or Coulson without going back but they pointed out it probably wouldn't be good to class the first 3 ppvs of the year as big 4 so it may as well be mitb. They threw Rey out there at the last minute for a reason, it somehow became a B show from them not caring, completely unimportant like King of the Ring now

Wouldn't you say the Rumble is the second biggest right now? Summerslam was the second for awhile after its debut, but things changed when the winner of the rumble got handled the Mania title shot. Of course due to well documented reasons RR has been losing its luster too.

Will avoid the route of such and such are not draws, and just say I think the poor promotion, the event meaning less than it ever has, and Show-Orton not being the most exciting prospect as main event (even if you are a fan of both), are the main reasons for the poor number.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wouldn't you say the Rumble is the second biggest right now? Summerslam was the second for awhile after its debut, but things changed when the winner of the rumble got handled the Mania title shot. Of course due to well documented reasons RR has been losing its luster too.

Will avoid the route of such and such are not draws, and just say I think the poor promotion, the event meaning less than it ever has, and Show-Orton not being the most exciting prospect as main event (even if you are a fan of both), are the main reasons for the poor number.
I would say they are close. The rumble doesn't get an Axxess, red carpet, media coverage and all that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would probably help if Big Show or Orton were OUR GUYS. I don't have a guy, I just watch wrestling tbh. There are guys work I enjoy more than others and will voice my opinion on something I don't like. Seems like you're taking potshots as some validation for backing YOUR GUYS, which just kills what point you were going for.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I would say they are close. The rumble doesn't get an Axxess, red carpet, media coverage and all that.

I don't think it's too close. SummerSlam is really like a second 'Mania and is treated like way more of an event than the Rumble because they've turned that into even more of a one match show than it used to be.

Reactions: SAIYANS

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Me a:eek:rton1: guy ............... :HHH3: My ass @Tapout, my ass, I've never in my fucking time on the Internet been an Orton guy ask @PHX

I don't think it's too close. SummerSlam is really like a second 'Mania and is treated like way more of an event than the Rumble because they've turned that into even more of a one match show than it used to be.
I guess its closer because this past year the rumble was used for Rock to get the wwe title and Cena to set up his rematch. This past rumble was a lot closer as the number 2 ppv, then it has been in years. I think the last big important rumble was Cenas return at 30 and they blew it with using his match early. I would agree that SSlam has been treated as a bigger event with the reforming of DX, the Axxess, and all the media coverage they give it in LA.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But even if you use stuff like Rock and Cena this year, the Rumble will always be a WrestleMania setup PPV. It's important and all but SummerSlam wins as it stands alone.

Reactions: SAIYANS