SUPERSTARS Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Discuss anything about the show obviously.

Tonights episode was decent. Nothing spectacular, but it's a nice show to watch before impact. I doubt it will be as good as ECW, but it may give it a run for it's money occasionally.

DISCUSS.

noumenon

I actually didn't catch it tonight. I'm sure it's going to be used to squeeze in some more matches when necessary to build a feud before a PPV. Or perhaps for feud blow off matches after PPV's.
Sounds really corny but I was kind of hoping that the show would be more about having out of character interview with the superstars and following them out of the ring and shit....

seX-Power

Apparently Cody/Shane main evented over Christian/Finlay and Taker/Matt. Fuck it. Christian winning to face Swagger is good though, I sense him winning the title from him at Backlash.

Hometown Kid

Can anyone say if Taker/Matt was any good?

Solid match, awful finish.

This show has potential to be quite entertaining with the way it was presented. Shane had his promo in between a couple of the matches so there can at least be something to lead into the ME. It sort of reminded me of a cleaner produced version of ROH's show in terms of how it works. (without the "1,2,3" and "Smack talk" stuff) We'll see after the first month if they overflood it with the same guys they show on Raw and SD's ME, or overflood it with recap videos. >_>

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
If its being shown then I would think it'll be on Sky Sports 3. They show ECW, so Superstars should be on as well.

Airfixx

Still no mention of a UK broadcast on WWE.com

Cant see anything on Sky Sports website either.

Looks like we'll have to DL for the the time being... I'm sure Sky will find a slot for it eventually.

How about of the rest of the non-US members here? ...Any of your countries getting the show?

MikeRaw

Rofl, the ringropes were the Raw color for the first match, and different for the second. I guess that's what's always gonna happen, because they tape it all at different times. I guess they have to though, in order to get guys from all brands on. Not to mention the different commentators.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I watched some of it durring comercial breaks of Bones. What I saw was pretty good. I'm actually pretty suprised at the matches they had. I was expecting this show to just have lower card wrestlers on it.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
I haven't seen the show (live in the UK) but i originally thought it would be a place to showcase under card talent. Maybe just starting off with some bigger names to draw people in.

Double J

Reaction score
Rofl, the ringropes were the Raw color for the first match, and different for the second. I guess that's what's always gonna happen, because they tape it all at different times. I guess they have to though, in order to get guys from all brands on. Not to mention the different commentators.

Yeah they had stated that matches for Superstars would be bonus matches for live events. For example the Taker/Hardy match was a bonus match for this past Raw. They're pretty much doing it the same way they did the old Saturday Morning Mania and LiveWire.

Seems WWE noticed that many fans liked having all the superstars back together instead of split up as brands so they're doing this show to make it look like the old WWF.

To be honest I don't see it lasting to long. It'll eventually be like Heat and just get phased out.

straight_edge76

I enjoyed it. I do not think it will have those big names all the time but have guys the The Miz on it so they can get some TV time. But it was a solid show I thought the Rhodes/Shane match dragged on a bit to much.

LKP

I liked it this week its debut week. taker match was good, christian match was good and main event with shane vs cody was ok. But i like wwe's booking of this show. I give it 2 weeks til we see haas vs wang yang.