• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Mario Bros: The Movie (2023)

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Chris Pratt doesn't have an Italian accent
350A6ABD-4E15-445A-AFF9-6B0DFB8AEB56.jpeg

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
I am fine with Chris Pratt's voice. Confused with the controversy.
People were expecting to hear something similar to what they grew up with. I can understand the disappointment, but I also understand why they didn't stick to the original voice.

Doom

La Bestia
I am fine with Chris Pratt's voice. Confused with the controversy.
Same.

It's stated that Charles Martinet, the original voice of Mario, in the film in an unknown role. It's possible that he could voice either Waluigi or Wario.

As for the controversy, people and the media want to find something controversial in a film and try to make it news and make it clickbait.

Doom

La Bestia
Other than that, I absolutely love the trailer. The animation is amazing, the visuals are beautiful, Jack Black voicing Bowser and Keegan Michael-Key voicing Toad were great choices. Chris Pratt as Mario's a good choice as well, looking forward to see how he pulls it off without Martinet voicing him.

Postman Dave

As for the controversy, people and the media want to find something controversial in a film and try to make it news and make it clickbait.

Especially as it's Pratt, people really have it out for him for some reason.

My nephew (big Mario fan and y'know, the target market for this film) thinks this looks amazing. The only controversy is from adults who put way too much a stake in things that really don't matter.