SummerSlam Summerslam Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Below is the card as we know it. What are your predictions?

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
WWE Championship -- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton
Raw Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Natalya (Submission Match)
SmackDown Women's Championship -- Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon
Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus:
United States Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet
Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor
Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler
Cruiserweight Championship -- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Oney Lorcan

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
My picks in blue:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This is the most unpredictable card I've seen in a longtime. For better or worse.

Calling both main titles changing hands. Becky and Bayley retain.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Brock Lesner
Randy Orton
Becky Lynch
Ember Moon
Charolette Flair
A.J Styles
Shane McMahon
Finn Balor (he better win!) Hehe
GOLDBERG
Drew Gulak.
These are My Predictions

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
thats alot of matches...the recaps gonna be fun ?

Im gonna say Brock retains, because i wouldnt put it past WWE keeping the belt on lesnar and making Seth lose, im also gonna say Kofi retains because he needs the win over Randy, that tells a solid story aswell, Becky retains but Bayley wont, Ember could really use a title run, Goldberg beating dolph is a given, same with Bray defeating Finn Balor, it will happen, it has too, FInn can afford a lose but Bray Wyatt cannot,

Finn Balor (he better win!) Hehe
Sorry friend, but Finn cant win tonight, Bray needs the win and Finns taking time off :)

Aj should retain against Ricochet i think, he needs to stay strong, charlotte has to beat trish, it would be silly if she doesnt. Im pretty sure KO will beat shane...pretty sure... And as for the cruiserweight match...i dont care to be honest, i dont even know if i will mention it in the recap, i might i dont even know lol

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
thats alot of matches...the recaps gonna be fun ?

Im gonna say Brock retains, because i wouldnt put it past WWE keeping the belt on lesnar and making Seth lose, im also gonna say Kofi retains because he needs the win over Randy, that tells a solid story aswell, Becky retains but Bayley wont, Ember could really use a title run, Goldberg beating dolph is a given, same with Bray defeating Finn Balor, it will happen, it has too, FInn can afford a lose but Bray Wyatt cannot,

Sorry friend, but Finn cant win tonight, Bray needs the win and Finns taking time off :emoji_slight_smile:

Aj should retain against Ricochet i think, he needs to stay strong, charlotte has to beat trish, it would be silly if she doesnt. Im pretty sure KO will beat shane...pretty sure... And as for the cruiserweight match...i dont care to be honest, i dont even know if i will mention it in the recap, i might i dont even know lol
Oh yeah... I forgot. We're going somewhere fun during his time off. ?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Ember Moon has done nothing to deserve the title. Nobody cheers for her. She has no character has been booked terribly. Really don't want to see her as champ.

They've done a great job at restoring and building up Bayley good character proggression. There has to be more money in Bayley vs Charlotte sasha and maybe even becky

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
They've done a great job at restoring and building up Bayley good character proggression. There has to be more money in Bayley vs Charlotte sasha and maybe even becky

They've done a great job at restoring and building up Bayley good character proggression
My friend, i must dissagree, because every single week Bayley has been acting like a heel, but shes supposed to be a face

Redboy123@

Reaction score
My friend, i must dissagree, because every single week Bayley has been acting like a heel, but shes supposed to be a face
Is she supposed to act like a face? Who is dictating that? How do you know what the intention is?

Also I don't believe Bayley has been acting as a heel. Sure she has more of an edge. That is good character proggression. Shes not being the submissive bayley that we once knew. Now that's character proggression.

I can't think of an heelish act that bayley has done.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Is she supposed to act like a face? Who is dictating that? How do you know what the intention is?

Also I don't believe Bayley has been acting as a heel. Sure she has more of an edge. That is good character proggression. Shes not being the submissive bayley that we once knew. Now that's character proggression.

I can't think of an heelish act that bayley has done.
The commentary team has been treating her like a babyface for months now, so one would assume that makes her a face.

To me it all started with Bayley and Alexa and Nikki Cross, Alexa and Nikki were going for the womens tag team championships and for no reason, bayley gets involved and directly cost the match for Nikki (whose a babyface) and Alexa, she had no reason to get involved, this wasnt some babyface revenge angle, Bayley came out un provoked and cost them the match for no reason. Heels do this, not faces, faces only do it when they have a reason to, and they certainly wouldnt cost another babyface the win. Nikki was innocent and Bayley ruined her oppertunity.

i can recall every week Bayley saying or doing something since then that made me go "that was a bit heelish" and i cant recall it all, but just this past week she told ember something along the lines of "you have a shot at my title because i LET you" and she warned ember that if she tried anything shed pay, and thats okay, but fast forward to the match, Ember didnt do anything and Bayley attacked her anyway with the bayley to belly. she gave ember a warning, ember didnt do anything and Bayley attacked her anyway.

The week before that ember had a match against Natalya and natty put ember in the sharpshooter and didnt let go outside the ring for the DQ, bayley comes out for the save...and does so in the most half assed lazy way you can imagine, she lazily tried to pull natty off and then finally put some effort in after 5 seconds had passed, it just didnt seem right, like she purposefully waited for natty to keep the hold in.

Im sure i can find other examples, it just seems more on the heel side then badass babyface to me.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The commentary team has been treating her like a babyface for months now, so one would assume that makes her a face.

To me it all started with Bayley and Alexa and Nikki Cross, Alexa and Nikki were going for the womens tag team championships and for no reason, bayley gets involved and directly cost the match for Nikki (whose a babyface) and Alexa, she had no reason to get involved, this wasnt some babyface revenge angle, Bayley came out un provoked and cost them the match for no reason. Heels do this, not faces, faces only do it when they have a reason to, and they certainly wouldnt cost another babyface the win. Nikki was innocent and Bayley ruined her oppertunity.

i can recall every week Bayley saying or doing something since then that made me go "that was a bit heelish" and i cant recall it all, but just this past week she told ember something along the lines of "you have a shot at my title because i LET you" and she warned ember that if she tried anything shed pay, and thats okay, but fast forward to the match, Ember didnt do anything and Bayley attacked her anyway with the bayley to belly. she gave ember a warning, ember didnt do anything and Bayley attacked her anyway.

The week before that ember had a match against Natalya and natty put ember in the sharpshooter and didnt let go outside the ring for the DQ, bayley comes out for the save...and does so in the most half assed lazy way you can imagine, she lazily tried to pull natty off and then finally put some effort in after 5 seconds had passed, it just didnt seem right, like she purposefully waited for natty to keep the hold in.

Im sure i can find other examples, it just seems more on the heel side then badass babyface to me.
The only one of those examples that I count as being heelish is the first one. The rest are a massive stretch.

Problem with bayley is that she has been paired up with terribly booked talent. Alexa and nikki are currently in the worst booked story of the year. Ember has been booked terribly and has zero character.

The booking hasn't been great. Who would of thought the booking would be consistent in an Alexa Bliss fued lol. Alexa the most inconsistent character in wrestling history

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, F-5...Le$nar wins...
Seth ends up back in the mid-card feuding with Ricochet
& Styles quicker than he can post something stupid on
Twitter.

RKO...Orton wins because of the upcoming FOX debut...
Kofi goes back to "Free-birding" with the tag titles with the
New Day.

Natalya goes over with the help of Ronda Rousey with Becky
being "cooled" off completely as the WWE build towards
Ronda vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania 36 because Becky &
the fans got what the wanted at Wrestlemania 35...now its
time for what the WWE wants.

Bayley retains...moves into a "proper" feud with Charlotte who
regains the belt in her first attempt because Bayley was caught
out talking about Unions on a talk show.

Charlotte...

Honestly...I want to say Ricochet regains the belt & Styles
(& the Club) begin a "Le$nar Hunt" but either way works.

Owens...Shane FINALLY fucks off & Owens moves into
a feud with Orton for the WWE title.

Slipknot Reject wins...Finn takes two months off.

Goldberg in about 2 minutes...maybe less.

Gulak retains...moves into a feud with Chad Gable.

I'm going to say Roman Reigns will come out before the main event
& (try to) cut a promo on Rowan...only for Rowan & Bryan to come
out, a fight happens with Samoa Joe making the save building to
a tag match & possibly a Reigns/Bryan match later down the line.

Also Elias may have segment as well...

Honestly...I personally couldn't care less...but that's how I think it
will play out.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
The only one of those examples that I count as being heelish is the first one. The rest are a massive stretch.

Problem with bayley is that she has been paired up with terribly booked talent. Alexa and nikki are currently in the worst booked story of the year. Ember has been booked terribly and has zero character.

The booking hasn't been great. Who would of thought the booking would be consistent in an Alexa Bliss fued lol. Alexa the most inconsistent character in wrestling history
Like i said its just my opinion that her actions has been more on the heel side.

As for Alexa yeah, her issue is the opposite of Bayleys to me, with Nikki Cross shes been acting like a face...a decent portion of the time, like shes nikkis legit friend, and she shown no signs of betraying nikki like everyone else, its...interesting

also...

Dont forget to vote in the rateing system thread i made to decide if we move to the 1 to 5 system or not! every vote counts! :emoji_slight_smile:

A New Rating System?

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Brock vs Seth
Hopefully its longer than their WM match, and contains some actual wrestling. I dont think Seth has much of a chance here, especially following his disappointing title reign. Plus I highly doubt they used MiB, just so Seth can beat Lesnar again.

Kofi vs Randy
Probably my favorite feud on this whole card. I love the fact that they didn't have to do much physicality for the buildup, mostly relying on promos and video packages to reignite a story that was already there. Both guys played their part extremely well, and I am really looking forward to this match. Now as far as the winner goes, it would be more logical to say Kofi since Orton represents the last obstacle in Kofi's journey to become the top guy in the company. That being said, I am going for Orton because he seems like a solid choice for the WWE Champion when Smackdown moves over to Fox. Additionally it keeps the story open for a future program between the two with Kofi chasing the title.

Becky vs Natalya
Initially I thought that this would be dull, but i gotta say this storyline ended up being far better than it ever had any right to. I really like how it focused on both of their submission moves, which one is more effective, and who is the better submission expert all together. The little things like Natalya learning how to counter the Dissarmher are always nice to see, and make the feud look more legitimate. The match should be decent at least, since they are both good workers. We all now that Natalya was placed in this match solely because the event is in Canada, so this is an easy win for Becky.

Bayley vs Ember
Pretty nothing feud here, but it should be a good match. Both women are very good in the ring so I am expecting some decent action in this one. Based on the way Ember has been booked in the past two weeks, I am going for Bayley here.

Charlotte vs Trish
Not crazy excited for this one, but it does belong on a Summerslam card. Charlotte definitely wins.

AJ vs Ricochet
Its funny that I kinda forgot about this match, but nevertheless I am still looking forward to it. Their match at Extreme Rules was really good, but you could see that they were holding back. Hopefully the breaks are off for this one, and they tear the house down. I don't really see a reason for AJ to hold the US title any longer, since he is WAY beyond it. So I think that Ricochet is getting a huge win here.

Owens vs Shane
I actually like this storyline since it really helped in bringing KO back to the top, where he belongs. That being said I can't stand Shane, and refuse to talk about him at all. Hopefully Owens destroys him, and writes him off TV for a very loooong time

Wyatt vs Balor
Bray stomps!

Goldberg vs Ziggler
Ziggler ends him in 4 seconds.

Gulak vs The other guy
Gulak

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Thinkin we will see some sort of double cross with Becky vs Natty. Them Canadians gonna be fired up