Summerslam Main Event?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=27798
Source: F4W Newsletter

- Early talk coming out of WWE this weekend is that the tentative main event for WWE's SummerSlam pay-per-view in August will be Triple H vs. John Cena but that can and probably will change.

I will be terribly disappointed if this is the main event for Summerslam

TK.GFX

Reaction score
- Early talk coming out of WWE this weekend is that the tentative main event for WWE's SummerSlam pay-per-view in August will be Triple H vs. John Cena but that can and probably will change.

Oh, alright then.

phantomgerald

John Cena and HHH should step out of the main event scene for awhile. We've seen all the variations of HHH/Cena/Orton that nothing seems new anymore. I think the Raw Main Event needs more new blood. Smackdown has Hardy, Punk and Y2J who still feel fresh. They also have Morrison waiting in the wings. I think MVP should be elevated to ME status for a PPV and see how he handles himself

Reaction score
Yeah im sure that wont be main event for summerslam but just the fact that creative even had that match up as an option is crazy. We just saw Triple H vs cena on raw 2 weeks ago

Klide

Yeah im sure that wont be main event for summerslam but just the fact that creative even had that match up as an option is crazy. We just saw Triple H vs cena on raw 2 weeks ago

yeah and we always see orton and HHH thats not gonna stop them

MikeRaw

John Cena and HHH should step out of the main event scene for awhile. We've seen all the variations of HHH/Cena/Orton that nothing seems new anymore. I think the Raw Main Event needs more new blood. Smackdown has Hardy, Punk and Y2J who still feel fresh. They also have Morrison waiting in the wings. I think MVP should be elevated to ME status for a PPV and see how he handles himself

Sit back and think about the thing you just said for a minute. Now, why, on their 2nd biggest PPV of the year, would WWE take their two main stars and biggest draws out of the main event? All that would do is kill buyrates. WWE wants PPV buys, and despite what you want, Cena and Triple H = money/buys

Wordlife

^100% agreed!

HHH is ALWAYS in the Summerslam main event, Cena too. Looking at this, being the main event, my question would be, who would be the champ here? Or could this match maybe be a HIAC, just one-on-one, no titles on the line? Your thoughts on that possibility

Klide

^100% agreed!

HHH is ALWAYS in the Summerslam main event, Cena too. Looking at this, being the main event, my question would be, who would be the champ here? Or could this match maybe be a HIAC, just one-on-one, no titles on the line? Your thoughts on that possibility

I cant believe im saying this but i would have to go with cena cause HHH is just too stale as champ ive never really liked him recently and a heel cena is looking bright.

xtremebadass

That last statement contradicts the purpose of this thread, therefore if nothing is certain this is just speculation.

Although HHH vs. Cena would be pretty cool I guess, I don't think it would be for the belt though. Last year's main events at Summerslam weren't for the world titles either, other matches were so much better (HIAC and Cena/Batista)

I think that's what they are going for.

Klide

^100% agreed!

I highly doubt that there going to make it a HIAC since they have a HIAC PPV. But i know where your going with this main event stips match thing

Reaction score
We need the ECW One Night Stand fans to attend this SummerSlam if this does end up happening. I'd love to see/hear a "SAME OLD SHIT! SAME OLD SHIT!" chant.

The Rated R CMStar

Seeing how this is the second time in the year that this two would meet one on one, third overall, I fail to see what's the big deal.

Airfixx

S'funny, I was considering the prospect of HHH/Cena @ Summerslam when watching Raw last night..... The only real obstical would be Orton's contractual rematch (and to a lesser extant that Legacy really are nothing without Randy holding the title - Let's face it, they're constantaly getting their ass kicked!)... Beyond that, the 2 biggest draws in the company in a rubber match for the WWE title at the second biggest PPV of the year should hardly be a suprise to anyone.

I undertsand where guys about are coming from regarding the title matches possibly not being the main focus of the card and therefor HHH/Cena may not be a title match, BUT considering their characters and their past....... 'The Champ' vs 'The King Of Kings' ("The man who lives and breathes the title") really does need the belt in the mix (IMO).

..Speculatively, Orton could cost HHH the match @ Summerslam, maybe take him out again with a punt the night after) and they proceed to eventually have a HIAC at the PPV formerly known as No Mercy, whilst Cena occupies himself with title challenges from the likes of Swagger ( :y: ), Big Show ( :n: ) and maybe... juuuuust MAYBE... Finally(*) give MVP a little ME experience by slotting him into a triple threat at some point.

(*I'm not holding my breath on that part though....)

"HHH is ALWAYS in the Summerslam main event"

...Like when he faced Eugene in 2004? LOL

...No match in 2005. :roll:

...DX vs Mac's in 2006 (Granted a semi-main event).

...vs Booker in 2007. :roll:

...Hell, even last year his title match was 4th on the card! :roll:

We need the ECW One Night Stand fans to attend this SummerSlam if this does end up happening. I'd love to see/hear a "SAME OLD SHIT! SAME OLD SHIT!" chant.

Would you have also liked to hear the same chant when Rock & Austin faced each other 3 out of 5 WMs?

I think they've done a pretty good job of not going overkill on HHH/Cena (especially given the lack of credible options at times).