Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
Law Abiding Citizen

Quite a good movie. Apart from a few flaws in the script, I'd say the first 2/3s of the movie are pretty fantastic. It's a shame it doesn't carry over into the final act.

7.75/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Look forward to that due to the cast and your review. So is it being released in Ireland before England then, because I haven't heard of it?

No, it was on during the Dublin Film Festival. As far as I know it's being released next month.

AF.

Reaction score
American Psycho

Not quite the movie I expected going in, but nevetheless I was impressed. Bale's acting is top notch in everything he does and this is probably the best performance I've seen from him. Movie is interesting and keeps you intrigued throughout.

7.75/10

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
^I'd rate it slightly higher than that but the novel goes way more deeper into the satirical and cultural aspects of the story, setting and the characters, it's kind of difficult to perfectly reenact such a good novel on screen but the cast did a pretty good job imo. If you want actual violence coupled with true black comedy, I'd read the novel.

AF.

Reaction score
The Mist

Wow, knowing it was directed by Frank Darabont going in I had high hopes. I can see the similarities between this and The Walking Dead (even some of the actors are the same). Not being big on horror movies I don't really get into much from the genre, but with this I was certainly impressed. I would love to discuss the ending in a bit of detail but seeing how I don't know how to use Spoiler Tags I won't go into it too much other than wow, talk about an ending that is powerful, emotional and gripping. Rarely in movies do we see endings such as these, and whilst it was slightly expected I didn't think Frank Darabont would go through with it. Best movie I've seen in a while.

8.75/10

AF.

Reaction score
Hitchcock

Decent flick. Good acting and portrayal by Anthony Hopkins. I kinda expected this to be a little better though. The movie seemed to focus on the relationship between Hitch and Alma (which is fine) overly whilst the production of Psycho was shoved back to a sub-plot. More re-enactment of some of the legendary Psycho scenes would have been nice (James D'Arcy would have done a fine job doing so) and overall, more emphasis on the making of Psycho. That's the real reason why people want to watch this movie.

7/10

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't mind them focussing more on their relationship since I think that was the main aim of the movie. Looking at the behind the scenes in making Psycho and how it impacted on their relationship and also highlighting the role that Alma played in helping create Hitchcock's films. They re-enacted most of the main Psycho scenes which was nice to see but I do agree a bit more from D'Arcy would have been nice. He didn't really get to do that much at all in the film even though his portrayal, from what we saw, was really good.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hitchcock

Decent flick. Good acting and portrayal by Anthony Hopkins. I kinda expected this to be a little better though. The movie seemed to focus on the relationship between Hitch and Alma (which is fine) overly whilst the production of Psycho was shoved back to a sub-plot. More re-enactment of some of the legendary Psycho scenes would have been nice (James D'Arcy would have done a fine job doing so) and overall, more emphasis on the making of Psycho. That's the real reason why people want to watch this movie.

7/10

You should watch the BBC's Hitchcock film called the Girl, now that was good and Toby Jones is better than I suspect Hopkins in this.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That's because toby Jones can do no wrong.

Hopkins is still living off Clarice and ciante.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That's because toby Jones can do no wrong.

Hopkins is still living off Clarice and ciante.

Agreed! I will reserve judgement going into this one but I suspect it won't be great.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
A Good Day To Die Hard
John McClane really is just a machine now, isn't he? I miss the old New York City detective John McClane, not the John McClane who goes on 'vacation' to Russia and kills dozens of people in insanely over-the-top scenarios. The film has its moments to be fair, and some of the action scenes were well done, but the script is very poor overall. It really is nothing but just explosions and one liners from the McClane guys for 90 minutes. 4/10

AF.

Reaction score
Star Trek (2009)

A visually outstanding movie backed up by a fun, entertaining narrative. Whilst the movie isn't innovative and doesn't bring much new to the table, the simple, yet well constructed plot makes this an enjoyable movie even for somebody who isn't a Star Trek fan. Eagerly awaiting the next one in the series.

8/10

Silver Linings Playbook

Bradley Cooper at his best in this great film. Much like a lot of the films I watch these days, I tend to enjoy the first 2/3's of the movie better than the last 1/3, and the same goes for this film. Bradley Cooper portrays someone with bi-polar disorder extremely well and makes the movie great. Jen Lawrence is good also, although I wish they indulged further into her character, and like many have said, I wish they stuck to what made the first 2/3's of the movie well instead of turning it into a romantic comedy of sorts. Would watch again, very enjoyable.

8.25/10

In Bruges

Never heard of this movie until today and I had to watch it for a class at Uni. Wasn't expecting much going in, but boy did this film blow me away. Superb acting, especially from Farrell who I haven't really seen much of. This movie is actually fucking hilarious too. I was trying to hold back laughter so I wouldn't look like a freak in front of the lecture, but this is a genuinely hilarious movie which is hard to find these days. The movie doesn't take itself seriously, and it reflects upon the script. Colin Farrell's character just takes the piss out of everything and it is amazing to watch. So much awesome about this movie. If you haven't seen it already do yourself a favor. After seeing this today this movie has become one of my instant favourites. A classic film.

9.5/10

AF.

Reaction score
Se7en

Uhh wow. If you haven't seen this movie do so already. Fincher is a master at directing and I'm completely in love with his style. This movie is crime perfected. Everything throughout gradually builds and builds until that final climatic ending which will blow your mind away. The best build up to an ending I've ever seen in a film, as I was sitting back here thinking about how amazing or how surprising the ending is going to be and I knew the film was going to deliver and it did. I'm sure most have seen it, but I won't give anything away. This is an awesome movie.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Arbitrage (2012) 8/10
Intelligent and stylish debut from Nicholas Jarecki, with Richard Gere perfectly cast as the desprate, slimey big business man, who leads and double life. Tim Roth is also very watchable as the rough around the edges detective, and Susan Sarandon very convincing in a slightly small part too. The pacing is very good, with some nice twists and a very modern and realistic feel.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Caesar Must Die (2012) 9/10
Stunning piece of filmmaking, mixing drama and documentary, it follows a series of prisoners who are staging a production of Julius Caesar. As the viewer see long scenes of them rehusals, the drama within a drama starts to overflow. The black and white photography perfectly captures the brooding intensty, the atmosphere is almost Bergmaresque, the editing very smooth.