Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Dolores Claiborne (1995)

Top three of the Stephen King adaptations. Great performances, well crafted plot, creepy atmosphere, and distinctive colour scheme.

8/10

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Die For (2014)

Was a big fan of the first film, but this was a big let down. The story and characters just weren't as strong or interesting, and it never had the same darkness or satire. Plus JGL was a bit bland in it, and unlike the first film it did feel really sexist.

6/10

It was slow starting but picked up once Eva Green was introduced and didn't bother putting any clothes on.

Jeremy Piven and the other guy who was the crazy pedo doctor in Scrubs were great additions IMO.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was slow starting but picked up once Eva Green was introduced and didn't bother putting any clothes on.

Jeremy Piven and the other guy who was the crazy pedo doctor in Scrubs were great additions IMO.

They just didn't do enough to add to the plot or characters from the last film IMO. It just felt a bit flat really.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah it was almost the same film, only the new guys weren't as interesting as the old.

Bruce Willis & Benito Del Toro were missed IMO.

Powers Boothe and Ray Liotta were great in their parts tho. As much as I love Josh Brolin he was pretty terrible, ditto Gordon Levitt like you said.

Still enjoyed it tho.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah it was almost the same film, only the new guys weren't as interesting as the old.

Bruce Willis & Benito Del Toro were missed IMO.

Powers Boothe and Ray Liotta were great in their parts tho. As much as I love Josh Brolin he was pretty terrible, ditto Gordon Levitt like you said.

Still enjoyed it tho.
Finally saw it.....weak ass movie with the only thing worth watching was Eva Greens bewbs.

And Rosario Dawson in the gimp mask :lmao Not all Frank Miller material was great and I hope every DC movie will stop trying to follow them religiously.

Son of Batman

So basically Batman is an overall shitty human being, kid acts like a prick the entire time, and Batman don't discipline the kid who grew up training to be a ninja assassin....because you know, ninjas are so unrefined and don't listen to authority.

Kids like "I wantz vengence" and Batman doesn't even try to stop him.

Worst DC cartoon in along time.

4/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Map to the Stars (2014)

A return to form for one of favourite directors David Cronenberg, would say this was his best film in about ten years maybe longer. Its a savage satire on Hollywood, which goes to dark and disturbing places which these kinds of films rarely do, and it feels very modern too. What was really different was how it merged a number of different genres such as thriller, and horror together with the social satire. It also has that creepy, fleshy Cronenbergian body horror which makes it visually thrilling, and makes it odd atmosphere too. The cast are excellent also, with Julianne Moore giving one of her best ever performances, she should get an Oscar, but naturally she won't.

9/10

Weekend (1967)

This was seen as a major film in the French Nouvelle Vague movement from new wave director Jean-Luc Godard. There are lots of interesting things happening, and it is technically brilliant, but the politics of the film are very heavy handed, and Godard throwns too much at the screen. Also, once again I felt like his gender politics were very creepy, the film drags too much for me, and the ten minute tracking shot is just there to show off. Pretty pretentious and hollow for me.

6/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Scream 2 (1997)

Holds up as one of the better horror sequels. Unlike the first movie this more of a media satire (unlike a horror one), with some horror setpieces thrown in. They do a nice job of refreshing the original and there are some good character actors like Larrie Meltcafe and Leiv Scrieber. But some of the other new faces such as Jerry O'Connell are just wet blankets. The ending is over done too, but a respectable follow-on none the less.

7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Network (1976)

One of the most radical and exciting media satires ever produced by Hollywood. The cast such as Peter Finch, Faye Dunaway and Robert Duvall are at the top of their games, and the writing is witty, insightful and shocking all in one, the direction is wonderful also.

9/10

Deconstructing Harry (1997)

One of Woody Allen's sharpest and experimental script, featuring a fantastic cast who are all just right for their parts. Allen again dominate the screen, but also has some great interaction with the likes of Billy Crystal, Elizabeth Shoe, Bob Balaban and Kristie Alley. The film captures the light and dark of human nature perfectly, and has some brilliant surrel comic moments also. Allen's last great film until Blue Jasmine last year.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
An American Warewolf in London (1981)

One of the best examples of an effective horror/comedy. The special effect make-up and creatures are wonderful. It has some cracking jokes and dialogue, and is actually scary when it needs to be. Very stylish cult fun.

Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

Still the best of these films. The other lost the sense of who Foley was. But here he is a tough, quick witted, and streetwise cop. The fish out of waters jokes are all good, the action scenes work smoothly with the comedy, and Murphy is simply at his best and has great chemstry with the other cast.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Whiplash (2014)

Really intense, and slightly darker mainstream drama. It is at times entertaining, but also very sad, with very powerful performances, and the music scenes really bring the film to life. At times the plot did feel a bit cliche and predictable, and I felt it dragged a bit at the end, but it was still a good watch.

7.5/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Heathers (1988)

A really dark, and sharper look at highschool life. Was also the first film to show class factions within the school (I know Breakfast Club did too, but not to the same extent). The performances are really good, and it kept me guessing til the end. Some bits have dated quite badly is the only thing.

8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Birdman (2014)

Very hit and miss. The first half of the film really bored me. It was self-indulgent and it felt like it was ripping off some of David Lynch's recent work like Inland Empire. The satire just didn't feel that original, something like Robert Altman The Player covered this much better. But the acting was top notch from just about everyone. And the film got better in the second half when you got more of the personal stuff between the characters. That was quite sad and moving. Not sure about the end mind.

6.5/10

The Green Ray (1986)

A masterpiece from French autuer Eric Rohmer. A sensitve, beautifully observed and complex social drama. The lead actress is excellent also. Very moving, funny, but sad too.

10/10

Liquid Sky (1983)

Just a low-budget campy sci-fi which I could have made really. There are some fun lines, and the costumes are good, but its a dull film which I wouldn't watch again.

3/10

See No Evil 2 (2014)

Still not seen the first film, but am guessing that this is better. It is a really solid main stream horror, with a fun performance from Katherine Issabelle, and decent monster in Kane, some nice tension built up throughout, and some good setpieces. Some of the other cast members were bland and the ending dragged on a bit. But mostly good.

7/10

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Killa Season

Who doesn't wanna watch Cam'ron act his life out even if it's mostly fabricated with terrible actin'? C'mon you get Dipset cameos from the likes of Hell Rell and J.R. Writer who just drinks a bottle of liquor and stands by a rented car. Classic, classic stuff. From the forced one liners to the stagnant story you got yourself a masterpiece. Easily, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Where the fuck is Killa Season 2? C'mon Cam you've said it's in the works for years. However, I guess you'd rather RAP about how much your low income fans hate their jobs.

We need it, dawg. Deliver already but in the meantime make sure to check this movie if you have not.

10/10.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
While We're Young (2015) 7.5/10

Latest from Noah Burmbach and it is definetly closer to the standard of the Squid and the Whale and his last film Frances Ha, than the dissapointments that were Greenberg and Margo at the Wedding. The casting was really good, and there are a number of funny, but also quite dark and true to life scenes. There is a lot of interesting themes in there. The Adam Driver character was a bit too annoying at times, and the writing for the women just weren't good enough at times although Naomi Watts and Amanda Seyfried do really good jobs with what they are given. For the most part it was very watchable, and oddly powerful.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Terminator Genisys
I'm not really sure why this movie was panned as much as it was. It hit all the beats of the Cameron films and was a very fun action movie. The characters were strong and it opened up the universe in a way the other sequels couldn't.
8/10