Suffer the engaged and married couples

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PaulDB

Reaction score
WWE has always had the tendency to pick on the newly wedded, the soon to be wed, or on occasion, the already wed, to entertain it's fans. Undertaker, Randy Savage, Daniel Bryan, are but a few examples. This makes me want to ask one, simple question...

Why didn't WWE leave them alone?!

PaulDB

Reaction score
Please offer me some feedback on this matter. I mean, WWE felt the need to victimize people because of who they were involved with. Sara, Miss Elizabeth, Brie Bella, Stephanie McMahon were all at least traumatized emotionally for being tied to wrestlers. Why?

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I remember thinking it was silly that WWE got upset at Rusev and Lana because they had gotten married during a storyline. And Moxley and Renee apparently because they couldn't market it for total divas

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's seen as good TV to intertwine real life relationship. I'm not a big fan for the most part, but it's certainly a trope that wrestling has used for a long time, including non-WWE promotions. I doubt they were traumatized, they all agreed to it and all of them were married to big names so it wasn't like a knife-to-neck situation.

PaulDB

Reaction score
It's seen as good TV to intertwine real life relationship. I'm not a big fan for the most part, but it's certainly a trope that wrestling has used for a long time, including non-WWE promotions. I doubt they were traumatized, they all agreed to it and all of them were married to big names so it wasn't like a knife-to-neck situation.
I'm aware of how the couples in question give their consent to star in the storylines and that there are no actual bad feelings between them and their fictional tormentors, but the theme is always the same. The couple is targeted, belittled, ambushed etc.

They have tried to smooth this over, but King Booker's Court was but one of the only married couples that took the heel husband/wife in ernest, while the Miz and Maryse were biasedly put over. It comes back to the Authority. They tried to solve the problem, only to make it worse.