Styles Clash Banned!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Isn't that a good thing?
Is it a good thing that Wade Barrett and The Nexus lost single-handedly to John Cena at their biggest show and apparent "coming out party" only to spiral down to half their original size within a month before Barrett got booted 6 months later? I think not.

Jericho carries no weight, in the WWE. He likes wrestling and the WWE likes the small ratings bump and extra Fozzy fans that come to watch their guy wrestle. That is really the only reason he is still brought back. Other than that, they don't care what he has to say because apparently, every single run he has had with the WWE had some sort of "butting of the heads" creatively.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Was a shitty move anyway, and the name didn't do it any favors. However, the Pedigree is an even lamer finisher for Rollins. He doesn't have the build or size to make the move look good, and he just looks awkward.

I disagree.

I like Curb Stomp. Also, the name could be switched back to Blackout.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's not hard to believe. They banned the standard piledriver maneuver after Owen nearly paralyzed Austin with a botched variation of it (still effectively shortening the career of one of their biggest superstars of all time), which is why you never see anyone use it anymore outside of a few rare exceptions (namely Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver, simply because the move is so iconic as his finisher.) When Punk busted out the piledriver on Cena during their Raw match in February of 2013, Vince reportedly blew a gasket over it and they even edited out the move on replays of the match. Not hard to buy they might have done the same with the Styles Clash if they think the move is too dangerous (then again, the same could be said about a lot of other moves as well, but WWE banning certain moves because of the potential risk and not others is just the usual inconsistency on their part.)

RVD_86

Jobber
Reaction score
It's just typical of today's far too health and safety conscious style which hampers the product and weakens certain wrestlers overall performances which is a shame. The Big Show put it well in an interview I saw recently where he said that every wrestler knows they take a huge risk and ultimately risk their lives every time they step through the ropes. So due to that, health and safety should not have such a strong stranglehold over the business the way it now does. They should just allow wrestlers to perform the moves they agree to themselves and if it goes wrong then it's the risk they took.......I think Vince's problem with this is that he feels he would have to adjust the audience certificate age limit on who watched the show as its widely known that he prefers an all round family audience these days.